The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #2,236 of 6,345

I bought a set of Q701's only about 2 weeks ago.
They're made in Austria.

I don't know about Q's, but I confirmed with an authorized dealer that the latest K701's are no longer made in Austria. I've also heard of Chinese-made Q701's as well- there was a post here about two months ago about a green pair without the "Made in Austria" logo on the earcups.

Might be that you got an older stock.

I bought my Q701s direct from Amazon (UK) last month - they also have Made in Austria written on them.

But the "Made-In-China" version

I got mine from Amazon (US) - they're the real deal.
I've owned them before (not this exact pair lol!), plus
the K702's. 

I agree it's important to be careful about counterfeits, though.
Very important.

Nov 4, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #2,238 of 6,345
^Not at all, these have actually been my favorites for movies and such thus far.

What kind of source are you using when watching movies?

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #2,239 of 6,345
  Anyone else think they sound weird with movies or dialogue?  Perfect for everything else.

I love mine for movies and gaming.  Perhaps you could elaborate for us and provide a specific example?

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #2,240 of 6,345
YOUR OPINIONS NEEDED:

Bought the 712 for my son from a very reputable dealer on EBay. Here are some photos of the box and an insert (in Chinese) that I am a bit confused with. IS this HP made in Austria WITH Chinese-made parts? Why not this insert in German? Any of you find a similar insert with your AKG 712?
The sound of the HP far surpasses the 701, 702, Anniversaries and Q701. More on that later. Right now I am more interested in opinions regarding this Chinese insert. Haven't read much about fakes of this HP. Thank you.

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #2,241 of 6,345
YOUR OPINIONS NEEDED:

Bought the 712 for my son from a very reputable dealer on EBay. Here are some photos of the box and an insert (in Chinese) that I am a bit confused with. IS this HP made in Austria WITH Chinese-made parts? Why not this insert in German? Any of you find a similar insert with your AKG 712?
The sound of the HP far surpasses the 701, 702, Anniversaries and Q701. More on that later. Right now I am more interested in opinions regarding this Chinese insert. Haven't read much about fakes of this HP. Thank you.

Those Chinese words is just a translation from the English. The AKG K712 pro is made in Australia but the AKG K612 Pro is probably made in China that's why they need two language eh?

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #2,242 of 6,345
Those Chinese words is just a translation from the English. The AKG K712 pro is made in Australia but the AKG K612 Pro is probably made in China that's why they need two language eh?

First China...now Australia.   I'm not buying another AKG headphone unless its made in Europe. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #2,243 of 6,345
I think it should be genuine.

Watch this youtube clip at HD quality and stop at 9:02, I think it looks the same as your card with Chinese words.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VinFvYUAG98

The same goes for this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THhGvewEo5M
Watch at full HD, zoom in at 0:32, and you will notice it is the same.

I think it need Chinese words because K612 Pro is made in China. The card is printed for both use for k712 pro and k612 pro.

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #2,244 of 6,345
Thank you all, but... The 612 is, could be, made in China, but what does that have to do with the 712Pro box (packaged in Austria or in China?)
having a paper with Chinese/English parts explanations? The SKU numbers for the 612 and 712 are on this sheet. Have any of you 712 owners found
a similar insert in your box when you opened it?

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #2,250 of 6,345
I think I had that card too. If it works right, who cares? I mean, I think the card could be there for two reasons:
1. the headphones are sold around the world, so English, French, and I guess Chinese would give good international support.
2. The headphones are designed, engineered, (selected) and assembled in Austria, but the parts could be fabricated in China and the card is there to list what should be included.

Is it really a big deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back