The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
May 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #258 of 6,345
Thats the same price as the Annie at MSRP.

It will go down, just as the Annie did.

Just another thing that proves they are the same.

BTW, the Annie is currently just over $400 on almost all sellers on Amazon. Looks like the price is starting to settle down.

May 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #260 of 6,345
Quote:
Thats the same price as the Annie at MSRP.

Same MSRP eh? 

I thought the K712 would be lower being that it's a non LE/AE edition.

Whatevs

May 7, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #262 of 6,345
I also wish the K612Pro was made in Austria....just to make me feel warm and fuzzy. All my AKG, including K601 are made in Austria. Id like to keep it that way.

Re Apple, I have just purchased a new iMac and superdrive (apple) The superdrive is needed as there is now no built in disc drive. The superdrive is very average regarding uploading audio cds. Some it just wont, others very poorly. I now feel that my sound quality has been degraded though out....Thats alot of time im never getting back (over 300 cds)

I hope the K712Pro takes off and prices come down :)

May 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #263 of 6,345
Is the only difference between the Annies and the regular K702 the 3dB bass increase, out of curiousity? And is that the main gripe people have with the K702, the almost nonexistant bass? I know that's technically a fault, but I can't sympathize with people wanting to pay that much more for something that can be solved with a slight EQ tweak.

May 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #264 of 6,345
Quote:
Is the only difference between the Annies and the regular K702 the 3dB bass increase, out of curiousity?

I know that's technically a fault, but I can't sympathize with people wanting to pay that much more for something that can be solved with a slight EQ tweak.

No.

The entire signature is warmer. 

May 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #266 of 6,345
Quote:
They sure are pretty!  Not worth upgrading just for the look and a minor EQ fix for me though

They should probably be looked at as a replacement of their previous K70x/Q701 vs an upgrade. Anyone thinking they'll get that will be really disappointed and then we'll have to deal with pages and pages of people trashing the K712.

wink.gif

May 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #267 of 6,345
Yeah, its a different take on a similar sounding headphone. If you found specific faults you wanted addressed, the Annie/K712 is probably what you want.

May 7, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #269 of 6,345
Quote:
Is the only difference between the Annies and the regular K702 the 3dB bass increase, out of curiousity? And is that the main gripe people have with the K702, the almost nonexistant bass? I know that's technically a fault, but I can't sympathize with people wanting to pay that much more for something that can be solved with a slight EQ tweak.

You can achieve a similar sound by EQing a pair of Q701. It would take a bit of experimenting, and IMO, EQing never replicates the sound and introduces distortion. 

Quote:

No.

The entire signature is warmer. 

"Warmer" isn't in the entire sound spectrum. A warmer sound just has an emphasis on specific frequencies. 

May 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #270 of 6,345
Quote:

They should probably be looked at as a replacement of their previous K70x/Q701 vs an upgrade. Anyone thinking they'll get that will be really disappointed and then we'll have to deal with pages and pages of people trashing the K712.

wink.gif

Ya.

I like to think of it as modified Q701/K70x.  Because that's what is is -  a pad mod.

If you go into it expecting an upgrade you may be dissapointed (or not).  But if you expect a modified sound, that's more realistic.

Quote:

"Warmer" isn't in the entire sound spectrum. A warmer sound just has an emphasis on specific frequencies. 

My point is:  It's not Q701 + 3dB bass

Some people still seem to think it sounds exactly like the Q701 (or K70x, whatever...) but with 3dB bass added. 

It doesn't. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back