The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
May 8, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #6,346 of 6,349
I picked up a 712 last year because I really enjoy my 702, but I gotta admit, I'm kind of struggling to enjoy the 712. The 702 is this airy, clean, clear, spacious, and delicate thing that greatly enhances mellow listening sessions. The 712, though... sure, it still preserves the wide sound stage and airiness, but hoo boy it's just so grainy in comparison. It reminds me of my Philips X2HR, where sure, it's engaging and energetic, but it's like pouring sand in your ears.

I've tried it on a variety of amps that tend to smooth over grain for me, but nah, I just can't seem to smooth it out enough to really be enjoyable for me.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

May 8, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #6,348 of 6,349
I picked up a 712 last year because I really enjoy my 702, but I gotta admit, I'm kind of struggling to enjoy the 712. The 702 is this airy, clean, clear, spacious, and delicate thing that greatly enhances mellow listening sessions. The 712, though... sure, it still preserves the wide sound stage and airiness, but hoo boy it's just so grainy in comparison. It reminds me of my Philips X2HR, where sure, it's engaging and energetic, but it's like pouring sand in your ears.

I've tried it on a variety of amps that tend to smooth over grain for me, but nah, I just can't seem to smooth it out enough to really be enjoyable for me.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Any song you can share to show the graininess?

May 8, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #6,349 of 6,349

Users who are viewing this thread

Back