The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
Sep 2, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #1,291 of 6,349
Quote:

Change, you should probably just buy them though, since your AKG-less ATM
wink.gif

I'm not AKG-less yet... it's just sitting in its box waiting for a new home to go to 
frown.gif

and I'm broke ATM!
angry_face.gif

lol

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #1,292 of 6,349
I'm considering it... though with the MA900 at home... those $400 are better spent somewhere else.

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #1,293 of 6,349
Quote:
I'm considering it... though with the MA900 at home... those $400 are better spent somewhere else.

Rid the MA900s too if you ask me. Great cans I'm sure for their price range but we all can agree the K712 will be a better headphone to own even at its higher price. Comfier with its thicker pads, too!

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #1,294 of 6,349
Quote:
I had to eat some depreciation costs in switching them out, but nothing I can do there.

This is what I'm having a tough time swallowing, myself.

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #1,295 of 6,349
Rid the MA900s too if you ask me. Great cans I'm sure for their price range but we all can agree the K712 will be a better headphone to own even at its higher price. Comfier with its thicker pads, too!

That I doubt. And no way I'm getting rid of the MA900. Tha headphone is now and forever gonna be part of my staple, like the Koss clip ons. It's that good. It's too cheap, and won't fetch much money even if I did sell it, and I wouldn't WANT to. It's the ultimate in at LEAST gaming comfort.

The K712 won't be more comfy. No way, no how. The MA900 disappears off my head. It weighs basically nothing, has very little to just enough clamp to stay secure, and my ears breathe more than with any other headphone I have ever used. The pads may be fuller on the K712, but the MA900 pads while thin are basically still near perfect.

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #1,296 of 6,349
True... hopefully I'll get to see for myself when you send them out.

Hmmm... how does that Paypal Bill Me Later work? Do I need a CC?

Also, will I still be able to use the coupon with RD that way?

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #1,298 of 6,349
I just tried paying through paypal bill me later and its not giving me the option to put in the coupon...
frown.gif

Oh well... gotta be patient

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #1,299 of 6,349
Quote:
I just tried paying through paypal bill me later and its not giving me the option to put in the coupon...
frown.gif

Oh well... gotta be patient

How far through the checkout did you go? 

I know paying with paypal diverts you away from the "coupon page", but I didn't go far enough to see if it returns for the option to put in the coupon later.

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #1,300 of 6,349
I got it to work. I got denied, though...
frown.gif

Bad credit from my younger days I guess
tongue_smile.gif

Gotta be patient like I said

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #1,302 of 6,349
Quote:
I may just have to get rid of the X1. Looks like if I sell them and desire just a bit more SQ than the MA900, the K712 Pro may make it's way to my hands if it ever goes down to the sub $400 range like the Annie once did.

I still have no plans of getting rid of the X1. 

It does way too many things right: comfort, fun + balance, bass + soundstage, immersive.  Still one of the best and most impressive combinations of traits I've heard in a single headphone.  And it's a great value on top of that. 

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #1,303 of 6,349
Sep 2, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #1,304 of 6,349
I still have no plans of getting rid of the X1. 

It does way too many things right: comfort, fun + balance, bass + soundstage, immersive.  Still one of the best and most impressive combinations of traits I've heard in a single headphone.  And it's a great value on top of that. 

Trust me, I NEVER thought I'd sell the X1. But after having been neglected for essentially two weeks, and then jumping in to it today exclusively, I've noticed the mid bass just giving me headaches. I mean, it was always a thin line between it being too much for me, but I know now for sure, it's problematic to my ears.

The X1 has my FAVORITE sound signature out of any and every headphone outside of the D7000.

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #1,305 of 6,349
Quote:
I've noticed the mid bass just giving me headaches. I mean, it was always a thin line between it being too much for me, but I know now for sure, it's problematic to my ears.

That's too bad. The X1 is a great headphone. 
frown.gif

They held out for pretty long at least.  How many months did they make it for?

Maybe the MA900 will be the one to make it a full year...*fingers crossed*   
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back