The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #481 of 6,345
Quote:
Thanks for video HiFiGuy528

So, the pads on K712 looks the same as the one on Anniversaries and most probably they will be the same sounding as well, can you confirm this please.

THX

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #482 of 6,345
Thanks for video HiFiGuy528

So, the pads on K712 looks the same as the one on Anniversaries and most probably they will be the same sounding as well, can you confirm this please.

THX

Well, not to tease hifiguy, but he initially thought the K702 and Annies had the same pads... and he literally compared them side by side... lol.

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #483 of 6,345
AKG should put extra pads inside, to make the package complete. I would even go further and made one extra leather pair, which will be like AKG K712 PRO  Luxury or PLUS  model, but their marketing guys keeping this for later, I guess.

With EUR 469 as MSRP, PRO's are EUR 399 up here already, how much the rest of the globe?

THX

Jun 11, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #484 of 6,345
Ze_Blitzkrieg said:

[/]

LOL! To be fair, Sennheiser did something similar with the HD580 Jubilee edition and the HD600.

Jun 11, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #485 of 6,345
Quote:
AKG should put extra pads inside, to make the package complete. I would even go further and made one extra leather pair, which will be like AKG K712 PRO  Luxury or PLUS  model, but their marketing guys keeping this for later, I guess.

With EUR 469 as MSRP, PRO's are EUR 399 up here already, how much the rest of the globe?

THX

Don't give AKG any new ideas. You never know, they may come out with an XB712 Monster Bass Edition with giant marshmallow pads that look like huge black tires.
It will have bass like the XB500 and about 50% less treble than the Anniversary Edition (ie almost NONE). It will be all shiny black with gold accents (and gold cable).
I think this is a great idea and I will wear it at the gym attached to my Fiio E1.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #486 of 6,345
So is it safe to say that the K712 is just the Annie with a different paint job?

Has anyone been able to find out yet?

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #488 of 6,345
Hifiguy would be the first to find out, but he did think the Annie and K702 standard sounded the same at first. So... I dunno.

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #489 of 6,345
Maybe this is a stupid question, so I apologize in advance if it is: Is there any reason I could email AKG and just ask them if there is a difference?

Any chance that it could actually work?

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #491 of 6,345
[size=medium]There is nothing wrong with asking AKG, but if I were you, I would ask head office in Austria, just an idea, if you like.[/size]

[size=medium]Folks who may have followed the Anniversaries thread already aware that suspicions about that 65th model was test model, become true, which simply mean that AKG did try-out with it and because many positive reactions, they simply re-release them with differ name such as K712 PRO. This is no criticism, simply a fact, as it happens with many other products to, such as mobile phones etc, so, seems normal these days.[/size]

[size=medium]What does this mean? Should we buy each new released model or should we just turn our back to it? I must say, and again, without any negative meaning, I personally chose latter. As long as AKG still fooling around, I will keep my wallet closed, simply is that, but for those who are dying to find out what kind of sound Anniversary or K712 may have, go and buy memory pads, install them on your present K702 model, if you have one, and you get the picture. [/size]
[size=medium]This is, at least in my mind, the best move you can do. I think, as an consumer, we should be more critical to such strategy and show our disinterest to it, otherwise, we are fooling our self, so, after I got that proof with Anniversary model, I just stop and hoping you will do the same. Listen to those who already been there and play simple, don't buy these as you will not buy anything new, but if you still want walk the old, same path, well, have fun and don't forget to let us know what we already know:)[/size]

[size=medium]THX[/size]

Jun 11, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #492 of 6,345
Ok. We'll I sent off an email to the US address and Austria. We'll see what kind of response I'm greeted with. I'll update if/when they respond. 

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #493 of 6,345
Quote:
Don't give AKG any new ideas. You never know, they may come out with an XB712 Monster Bass Edition with giant marshmallow pads that look like huge black tires.
It will have bass like the XB500 and about 50% less treble than the Anniversary Edition (ie almost NONE). It will be all shiny black with gold accents (and gold cable).
I think this is a great idea and I will wear it at the gym attached to my Fiio E1.

That sounds more like Monster than AKG. . .
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back