The AKG K 250 (history, pictures, and a review of this forgotten dynamic K 340/K 241 hybrid)
Feb 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #106 of 234
Thank you for the invitation, it was creative. :)

So, I've just got the k250 five days ago. (I found them on a local ebay like bidding site). I paid ~$60 for them, and they are in a very good condition ( here are some pics of them), the earpads like new and on the body, or on the metal frame it has no abrasions or scratches, moreover it still has the original cable with the original jack, and it also works perfectly.
I've got only one problem. The rubber straps, that holds the leather headband, got loose with time, so the auto adjustment is not so good.  Temporary I could fix it with some black rubber bands (without opening the house). But I know, I should get somewhere new rubbers like the original, open the cup, and fix it. But it's a little hard to find rubber bands like the original.

I was not impressed with it's sound, but I must say, for that price it was rather good. 
I found that, it has recessed highs, and it does not go too deep. It concentrates to the midds. 

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #109 of 234
Of course you can link that album. :)
(Maybe I'll take some more pictures in daylight and upload them there as well.)

Here is a picture from the inside of it.

I have akg K500 as well, they have more highs and less bass, than the k250. :)

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #111 of 234
Oh, I see. Maybe a K240 foam will fit there. (will it?)
Or I will try a superlux foam disc, I can get one easier (k240 parts fit with it.)

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #119 of 234
Interesting and awesome thread! I'm not the only one who loves vintage AKG cans! My personal favs has to be the K340 and my very own K141. Even to this day, vintage AKGs are an absolute pleasure to listen to. Love my K141

Users who are viewing this thread

Back