The AK320 thread
Aug 1, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #511 of 743
Wow I tried the 300 vs 320 and it was not a hard decision. Now in the waiting game for my unit. For me it was a very close call between the 120ii and 320 until JHRII came into play. Ordering my 335DW to go along with the 320 this weekend...I guess I'll be stuck with my SE535 for the time being

Not exactly the same comparison but having recently purchased the AK320 and comparing it to the AK100II, it really is no contest.  AK100II sounds wonderful but the AK320 is just that good.  Definitely glad I bit the bullet this time.

Don't have a pair of fitears coming in but waiting for some Noble Katanas instead.

Aug 1, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #512 of 743

Not exactly the same comparison but having recently purchased the AK320 and comparing it to the AK100II, it really is no contest.  AK100II sounds wonderful but the AK320 is just that good.  Definitely glad I bit the bullet this time.

Don't have a pair of fitears coming in but waiting for some Noble Katanas instead.

I tried the Katanas with the AK320 and Cavalli Liquid Spark.  I think I want a Katana now too...

Aug 1, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #513 of 743

Agree...AK100ii to AK320 is a huge leap IMHO. Haven't tried any of the Noble IEMs, would love to try one of these day after I get my AK320.

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #514 of 743
Agree.  I have my AK100ii on sale in the classifieds.   The AK320 is pretty awesome.

The latest firmware SEEMS to have fixed the USB DAC audio lag, making it functional for watching videos.  I have yet to test it over a long period of time though.

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #515 of 743
Wow I tried the 300 vs 320 and it was not a hard decision. Now in the waiting game for my unit. For me it was a very close call between the 120ii and 320 until JHRII came into play. Ordering my 335DW to go along with the 320 this weekend...I guess I'll be stuck with my SE535 for the time being

How are they different? I have AK300, and I'm pretty happy with it. It's very different than Cowon P1. I hear some users say they can't hear a difference between 320 and 300. I'm using Westone ES60 with it.

Aug 2, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #516 of 743
  How are they different? I have AK300, and I'm pretty happy with it. It's very different than Cowon P1. I hear some users say they can't hear a difference between 320 and 300. I'm using Westone ES60 with it.

I don't hear much difference as well using my Roxanne. In the end I went for AK320 because a.) double the internal storage. b.) I got a deal with the free amp so it's a versatile compact source for full-size headphones.

With the price they are charging for these DAPs I think AK should have doubled the amount of storage across the range. Considering there is only 1 micro SD slot.

I am still holding on to my AK100 MK2 because it's a perfect match with Mojo and has 2 microSD slots which can hold more storage and AK320 can. 

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #517 of 743

@gordec, spot on...the difference is 99.9% indistinguishable. I ran both models on 5 different songs across 3 music genres, and they all sound the same...until that 5th song came into play. The vocal and the background music seemed to "mesh" together on the 300 whereas on the 320 the vocal was separated from the background music. Then again it could've been my ears and mind playing tricks on me. My original budget was to just buy the AK100ii/AK120ii, now I've ended buying the 320 and the MH335DW/Monet (getting the fit this weekend)

Don't get me wrong, the 300 is a great piece of DAP and I don't claim to have golden ears. I'm just taking a chance here and bit the bullet (and risking an additional $1400 + $2700 for the CIEM)

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #518 of 743
I don't hear much difference as well using my Roxanne. In the end I went for AK320 because a.) double the internal storage. b.) I got a deal with the free amp so it's a versatile compact source for full-size headphones.

With the price they are charging for these DAPs I think AK should have doubled the amount of storage across the range. Considering there is only 1 micro SD slot.

I am still holding on to my AK100 MK2 because it's a perfect match with Mojo and has 2 microSD slots which can hold more storage and AK320 can. 

The AK100ii has 2 microSD slots? Does that mean the AK120ii also has 2 microSD slots too? I remembered them to only have 1...but if they do have 2 slots then I'll probably get them as well. They're both great devices and very on the go friendly.

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #519 of 743
The AK100ii has 2 microSD slots? Does that mean the AK120ii also has 2 microSD slots too? I remembered them to only have 1...but if they do have 2 slots then I'll probably get them as well. They're both great devices and very on the go friendly.

AK100 Mk II is not the same as AK100 II.
Yes, the name can get confusing.

Aug 3, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #521 of 743

@gordec, spot on...the difference is 99.9% indistinguishable. I ran both models on 5 different songs across 3 music genres, and they all sound the same...until that 5th song came into play. The vocal and the background music seemed to "mesh" together on the 300 whereas on the 320 the vocal was separated from the background music. Then again it could've been my ears and mind playing tricks on me. My original budget was to just buy the AK100ii/AK120ii, now I've ended buying the 320 and the MH335DW/Monet (getting the fit this weekend)

Don't get me wrong, the 300 is a great piece of DAP and I don't claim to have golden ears. I'm just taking a chance here and bit the bullet (and risking an additional $1400 + $2700 for the CIEM)

​Thanks. I'm running ES60 99% of the time. No need for extra amp power if all is equal.

Aug 3, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #522 of 743

AK100 Mk II is not the same as AK100 II.
Yes, the name can get confusing.

AK100 MK2 was released later to fix the high output impedance of the original AK100. AK100II is a different DAP which has only single microSD slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back