The AK320 thread
Jul 27, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #496 of 743
Very happy owner of AK320. Compared both the 300 and the 320, and chose the latter. The 320 sounds more brighter, wider, and sparkly in my ears. Love it especially with Kaiser. I also own an IE800 but it sounds a bit dull and the mid range is too much v-shaped sound.

My ak320

+1​, I upgraded to the Kaiser K10 some months and couldnt be happier with the sound, I still keep my ie800 for excercise or any other heavy duty things, but the sound sounds artificial now compared to the kaisers.

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #498 of 743
+1​, I upgraded to the Kaiser K10 some months and couldnt be happier with the sound, I still keep my ie800 for excercise or any other heavy duty things, but the sound sounds artificial now compared to the kaisers.

Same for me! I use IE800 on the go or when I exercise. It is a nice IEM but with too much vocal backing.

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #500 of 743
  Anyone finds that the UI gets sluggish when you do USB output on the new firmware?

It does seem to run warmer, but not less sluggish. I have another problem.

Anyone else experiencing problems with USB playback via Chord Hugo with AK3**? I am getting a sound like intermittent static with the high bit-rate input on the Hugo. This is not replicated with iPhone 6s or Pioneer XDP. I thought it might be something to do with SD card reading / scanning, but have eliminated that as a cause as well. Have also tried with different USB cables, also not the cause. Any ideas?

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #501 of 743
It does seem to run warmer, but not less sluggish. I have another problem.

Anyone else experiencing problems with USB playback via Chord Hugo with AK3**? I am getting a sound like intermittent static with the high bit-rate input on the Hugo. This is not replicated with iPhone 6s or Pioneer XDP. I thought it might be something to do with SD card reading / scanning, but have eliminated that as a cause as well. Have also tried with different USB cables, also not the cause. Any ideas?

Yes, it does not work properly with Hugo or TT but no problems with Mojo.

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #502 of 743
Yes, it does not work properly with Hugo or TT but no problems with Mojo.

OK, so not just me. Stange that it works on the other USB input, but that just operates at 48 and downscales anything bigger. Still, for CD rips this sounds better than optical to my cloth ears, hope they can fix this.

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #503 of 743

OK, so not just me. Stange that it works on the other USB input, but that just operates at 48 and downscales anything bigger. Still, for CD rips this sounds better than optical to my cloth ears, hope they can fix this.

It was similar as well on the Onkyo DP-X1 to Hugo when it came out but definitely not as bad as the current AK firmware for USB out.

Subsequent firmware updates improved the stability. So we can only hope for AK to also continue to improve the stability in future firmware.

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #504 of 743
Anyone have recommendations on a mini toslink cable that will work with DSD transfer sizes?  I'm not looking to spend an arm and a leg but I want something that will work with all file types and I've heard that some cheap optical cables have bandwidth limits.

Aug 1, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #506 of 743
I went for AK320 because it comes with a free AK Amp promo. Otherwise I would have gotten the AK300.

Wow I tried the 300 vs 320 and it was not a hard decision. Now in the waiting game for my unit. For me it was a very close call between the 120ii and 320 until JHRII came into play. Ordering my 335DW to go along with the 320 this weekend...I guess I'll be stuck with my SE535 for the time being

Aug 1, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #507 of 743
Hi,

I'm new here and i would like on honest opinion of the following:

Considering which to buy, the AK240 or the AK320 both i can get new for the same price here in Hong Kong.
I want to combine this with a pair of Audeze LCD-XC cans
Im only interested to play FLAC files up to 24/192

Im getting really indecisive to buy the AK240 or the AK320 with the dedicated amp.

The more i read the more confused i an getting, would really appreciate some help guys.

I can't seem to find any decent review that compare to 2 units.

Regards
Darren

I would get the 320...then again that's me. I tried the 240 as well on PCM and find the 320 to be more "superior" for the songs that I play.

IMHO you should just take your preferred C/IEM or HP along with a couple of your favorite songs with 2-3 genres in your own micro sd card and compare the 2.

I personally took 1 month to try the JR, 100ii, 120ii, 240, 300, 320 and Onkyo DP-X1 until I came with the decision on the 320, CIEM did play quite a huge role. My budget was 1.5K and now I am spending 5K, luckily I used my company's cc so that wife wouldn't be able to see the actual price.

Aug 1, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #508 of 743
Wow I tried the 300 vs 320 and it was not a hard decision. Now in the waiting game for my unit. For me it was a very close call between the 120ii and 320 until JHRII came into play. Ordering my 335DW to go along with the 320 this weekend...I guess I'll be stuck with my SE535 for the time being

AK320 with the MH335DW? Damn, that sounds like one heck of a combo. Only thing left is to get that SR upgrade on the FitEar. :D

Aug 1, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #510 of 743
Hi, anybody tried the Samsung Pro+ Micro SD card on their 320? Any problem with it?

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/memory-cards/micro-sd-pro-128gb-memory-card-w-adapter-mb-md128da-am/

Feedbacks are appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back