The AK320 thread
Apr 21, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #377 of 743
Just added the Cradle to my AK320, connected via XLR interconnects to a Ragnarock, sounds great.  One thing I've noticed is that the volume control on the AK320 is still active on the audio through the XLR's when the AK320 is in the Cradle, and Cradle mode has been selected in settings.  I would have thought this would be an automatic line out volume through the Cradle and XLR's.  Any suggestions please, am I missing a setting?  As I'm bit concerned that having the volume at 150 for Cradle XLR connect, could be a bad surprise if I accidentally insert the headphones after removing the ak320 from the cradle and forget the volume is at 150. thank you

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #378 of 743
  Just added the Cradle to my AK320, connected via XLR interconnects to a Ragnarock, sounds great.  One thing I've noticed is that the volume control on the AK320 is still active on the audio through the XLR's when the AK320 is in the Cradle, and Cradle mode has been selected in settings.  I would have thought this would be an automatic line out volume through the Cradle and XLR's.  Any suggestions please, am I missing a setting?  As I'm bit concerned that having the volume at 150 for Cradle XLR connect, could be a bad surprise if I accidentally insert the headphones after removing the ak320 from the cradle and forget the volume is at 150. thank you

do you mean the amp itself? isn't it to be on line out? 

Apr 22, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #379 of 743

Hi, yes it's the connection from the AK Cradle XLR out to the amplifier, appears not to be a fixed volume line out, but instead the volume out from the AK through the cradle is set by the volume control on the AK320, even though the AK320 system has been set to line out mode. 

Apr 22, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #380 of 743
  do you mean the amp itself? isn't it to be on line out? 

Thanks Denzelwng4 Just discovered that I think the issue is that the Cradle feature appears to control the volume output the wrong way.  When you activate the Cradle mode you get an announcement that the volume has been reduce to protect you, however when you deselect the cradle mode you get no announcement and the volume stays at 150. Any thoughts? user error :wink: ?

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #383 of 743
I think the AK320 is so low profile was due to the fact that it is too similar to AK380, just without DSD support. And people who would pay that much for a AK320 will probably paid a bit more for the AK240, or even AK380, which support DSD playback. Hence, very few people would be interested on the AK320.

The AK300, as mentioned, is a single DAC version of AK320, which should be cheaper than the AK320. Apparently, AK want to expand their market share by different lines of similar products.

There is also a AK recorder coming soon, maybe they want to compete in the recorder market also...

Apr 30, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #384 of 743
Am being a bit dumb, a friend is bringing Mojo and iCan over and I am struggling to find whether 3,5mm output jack to two RCA male or single jack will work? I am assuming it will as wouldn't I only need the 2,5 if connecting to a balanced amp? Scratching head. This is with AK320. Thx.

Apr 30, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #385 of 743
Am being a bit dumb, a friend is bringing Mojo and iCan over and I am struggling to find whether 3,5mm output jack to two RCA male or single jack will work? I am assuming it will as wouldn't I only need the 2,5 if connecting to a balanced amp? Scratching head. This is with AK320. Thx.

Mojo cannot accept an analogue signal, is is a DAC with a gain stage. You would use the digital optical out.

Apr 30, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #386 of 743
Mojo cannot accept an analogue signal, is is a DAC with a gain stage. You would use the digital optical out.

I'm OK with the digital out as this I do with Hugo, but the iCan takes an analogue in via a 3,5mm jack or twin RCA. The AK manual yes you can use the 3,5 and 2,5 together to connect to amplifier, but I think this means as a balanced signal. Does the 3,5 work on it's own for a single ended (unbalanced) solution? Am on the road so can't try with main rig / preamp.
Thx for response though

May 1, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #387 of 743
I can't seem to find any comparisons anywhere. Can you good people help me out?

What's the opinion regarding an ak240 v/s an ak320?

May 1, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #388 of 743
I tried both the ak240 and ak320 side by side with Shure se846, I liked both products. The ergonomics of the two are different to me and you may find you have a preference. I took my own memory card and loaded this into each product, it may have been an issue with the ak240 I tried, but the loading time on the ak240 was noticeably longer and I found the user interface slower. I am sure there is a sound quality difference, but for me, with the demo units I tried, the ak320 was just slicker and made me feel more confident about the purchase. I've had the ak320 for only a month, I'm very happy with it, and I may be bias on the ak320 as I own it :)

May 1, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #389 of 743
I can't seem to find any comparisons anywhere. Can you good people help me out?

What's the opinion regarding an ak240 v/s an ak320?
I tried both the ak240 and ak320 side by side with Shure se846, I liked both products. The ergonomics of the two are different to me and you may find you have a preference. I took my own memory card and loaded this into each product, it may have been an issue with the ak240 I tried, but the loading time on the ak240 was noticeably longer and I found the user interface slower. I am sure there is a sound quality difference, but for me, with the demo units I tried, the ak320 was just slicker and made me feel more confident about the purchase. I've had the ak320 for only a month, I'm very happy with it, and I may be bias on the ak320 as I own it :)
First
Previous
Last
Next

May 1, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #390 of 743

Users who are viewing this thread

Back