The ____ headphone bashing thread
Oct 3, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #137 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus1100xx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do have the same exact problem, from my first game boy to the latest PSP - all their earbuds hurt my ears after about 30minutes of wearing them, especially when laughing.

Me too.
frown.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #142 of 155
Quote:

I, uh, don't like that brand.

Haha
very_evil_smiley.gif

I don't really hate any hp's I've had a longer "relationship" with. Though I've got sort of a love/hate thing for my Grado SR60's. They're really not that comfortable esp. the headband pushing down on the top of my head. Sound wise it's the same. Every once in a while they sound absolutely gorgeous, other times sharp, thin, extremely sibliant and very fatiguing. Though I blame that more on the source/amp(which is non existent).

Don't really have any love for the Senn 595, Goldring 150, and the AKG K240. But since I don't own them or tried them out in a better environment I wouldn't say I hate them.

Oh, now I've come to think of a few more, but them same applies to them as to the stated above.

Oct 3, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #143 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They *do* suck, don't they? I suggest you come on up to Alpharetta and leave them on my porch.

Then get yourself to Fry's and buy some triports.
plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
Damn! I just can't keep a straight face!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

They have the Triports at Fry's?! I thought all they had were 274 employees just standing around blocking the aisles. Ok I'm on my way over right now.

Oct 3, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #144 of 155
I have said it before and I will say it again, ultrasone is terrible!!! Now maybe the way way expensive version is OK, but the $150 DJ1, $180 HFI-700 and beyond are simply crap!! grah I cannot stand them. no life in the sound whatsoever.

Oct 3, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #145 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BOSE IN EAR EARPHONES ARE NOT EVEN IN EAR!!! DO 10yr OLDS WORK AT BOSE OR WHAT?

Bose in ear-phones are most certainly in ear-phones They don't isolate well, as is the common misconception when looking at their silicone tips, but they certainly sit in your ears and act like any other pair of earbuds.

Oct 3, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #146 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bose in ear-phones are most certainly in ear-phones They don't isolate well, as is the common misconception when looking at their silicone tips, but they certainly sit in your ears and act like any other pair of earbuds.

you see what you just said is what earbuds are designed to do. this is what seperates IEM's (AKA canalphones) from earbuds...and these triport IE are no canalphones, they dont isolate at all, and they do indeed sit on your ear more like earbuds than any other IEM, which is why they are not in the ear.

you are simply saying that earbuds are IEM's when they simply are not, this is why technically IEM's are not called earbuds
rolleyes.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #147 of 155
HD595, killed my music. Music became very dull, details, and the fun lost.

Oct 4, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #148 of 155
WHY oh WHY must the stupid bloody Stax SR-X/MK3s be so unbearably perfect except for having no frequency response whatsoever at the two extremes?? Oh the agony!

As for my ridiculous SR-404 rig, why must it be so squeaky clean that it demands I crank the **** out of the volume, since it never sounds louder, just better... my Magneplanar speakers do the same thing, it's torture.

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:03 AM Post #149 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by feckn_eejit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for my ridiculous SR-404 rig, why must it be so squeaky clean that it demands I crank the **** out of the volume, since it never sounds louder, just better...

Haha, just turn em up till your ears ring like bells!

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:30 AM Post #150 of 155
IEMs: I started this hobby with IEMs and now I can't stand them.
K81DJs: Boomy bass and no detail to sound

Non woody Grados for poor-glued on parts...otherwise it can sound good with good source and amp.

Any over the head cans for giving me head band hair. It's good that I work from home to avoid the embarrassment
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back