The ____ headphone bashing thread
Oct 3, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #121 of 155
More than likely the most obvious of all, the bastardized tin cans with strings labeled as "SkullCandy". These things stared me down at airport shops and barnes and noble stores with their aggressive color schemes and "rawk" decals. You move closer, simply to look and pet this snazzy set, the pricetags baring its teeth and growling as you approach. Beautiful, they come with a +2 cool points enchantment when they're shoved in your ears. Oh, if only if only if only I could hear the harps of the angels, you think. And then you walk away, torn from your wishes until another day.

A party later on in the week, and lo and behold your kinda-sorta-********* friend is flaunting his new "skullcrushers" whose packages you've been licking at your local swap meet. You approach warily, asking permission for the Holy grail. A benevolent smile of empathy cracking his face. He hands them over while he goes to get a drink with a "yeah, whatever".

They slide around your ears. Hmm, pain? no, it must be pleasure disguised as pain. You fumble with the 3.5 jack near your mp3 as you envision the happy years of purchase, love, and marriage ahead of you. The connection signals sound, and... you are disgusted. What is this foul din which greets my ears? Hath the trojan horse itself parked upon my head? Metal, tinny sounds ofcackles of satan emanate from the headset of the gods, creating a cacophany of bitterness and sorrow in your brain.

You throw the headphones off in disgust, hurtling them closer to their maker. Rage guide your fists as you smash the daemonic device into the soil, farther and farther rubbing more of the expensive paint off of the tin body. A burial resumes, alongside your hopes and dreams. You look around for witnesses, and trudge away, remembering to kill that person who tricked you.

I, uh, don't like that brand.

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #122 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still trying to figure out whether we're flaming at headphones or people here.
rolleyes.gif

What's the difference?
biggrin.gif

OB thread contribution:
I really cannot tolerate my HD-650's veal; and I cannot abide my E500's hi-frequency rolf.

-m
i'm sorry

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #124 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG are the worst POS headphones I've ever had the displeasure to listen to.
mad.gif

They *do* suck, don't they? I suggest you come on up to Alpharetta and leave them on my porch.

Then get yourself to Fry's and buy some triports.
plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
Damn! I just can't keep a straight face!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #125 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by paul walrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More than likely the most obvious of all, the bastardized tin cans with strings labeled as "SkullCandy". These things stared me down at airport shops and barnes and noble stores with their aggressive color schemes and "rawk" decals. You move closer, simply to look and pet this snazzy set, the pricetags baring its teeth and growling as you approach. Beautiful, they come with a +2 cool points enchantment when they're shoved in your ears. Oh, if only if only if only I could hear the harps of the angels, you think. And then you walk away, torn from your wishes until another day.

A party later on in the week, and lo and behold your kinda-sorta-********* friend is flaunting his new "skullcrushers" whose packages you've been licking at your local swap meet. You approach warily, asking permission for the Holy grail. A benevolent smile of empathy cracking his face. He hands them over while he goes to get a drink with a "yeah, whatever".

They slide around your ears. Hmm, pain? no, it must be pleasure disguised as pain. You fumble with the 3.5 jack near your mp3 as you envision the happy years of purchase, love, and marriage ahead of you. The connection signals sound, and... you are disgusted. What is this foul din which greets my ears? Hath the trojan horse itself parked upon my head? Metal, tinny sounds ofcackles of satan emanate from the headset of the gods, creating a cacophany of bitterness and sorrow in your brain.

You throw the headphones off in disgust, hurtling them closer to their maker. Rage guide your fists as you smash the daemonic device into the soil, farther and farther rubbing more of the expensive paint off of the tin body. A burial resumes, alongside your hopes and dreams. You look around for witnesses, and trudge away, remembering to kill that person who tricked you.

I, uh, don't like that brand.

HAHA! Great stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #127 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by paul walrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is this foul din which greets my ears? Hath the trojan horse itself parked upon my head? Metal, tinny sounds ofcackles of satan emanate from the headset of the gods, creating a cacophany of bitterness and sorrow in your brain.

Brilliant! hahahaha
eggosmile.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #128 of 155
I can't stand Grado's bloody cheap build quality. They have to be top of the list for the most uncomfortable "high-end" headphones. I mean, seriously, I'm surprised I even put up with my MS1's (which are held together by epoxy because they've broken in so many places).

Shures piss me off even more! The insane markup you pay for the bloody brand name is almost criminal. And everyone knows how much you have to fork out for a decent-sounding pair; you practically have to buy their top-of-the-lines for great sound. Ridiculous! Seriously, Shure is becoming another Bose in my eyes. /rant

WOW. That felt orgasmic.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #133 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is still going....
blink.gif

Yes, and we both make it going on even longer...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back