The ____ headphone bashing thread
Aug 18, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #62 of 155
Wow, I never thought this thread would get this far before being locked, Kudos!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 18, 2005 at 5:35 AM Post #63 of 155
I dislike the ER-4s for the comfort issues. I can't never get comfortable of wearing anything that deep and the way they exerted pressure in my ears.

Aug 18, 2005 at 11:54 AM Post #65 of 155
I normally don't work myself through 4 complete pages, but this time, it was really fun.

My hate is the AKG 501.
wink.gif
I found out that its developer in Austria suffered from overwhelmig thrill when his wife left him, so the starting point was the poor man's intention to create something totally calming, boring and unspectacular. Guess he succeeded.

I hate Sennheiser as a company, because they stubbornly ignore that there are new music styles that came up after 1990 (typical german attitude in general). And I would LOVE to have a can with Senn look & comfort combined with the DT770 sound.

Aug 22, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #67 of 155
Is anyone going to bash the SR-200? I'm planning to buy the woody at headphile (course, I'm just _planning_ to buy it... which means I won't have the cash to buy it for a very long time
frown.gif
)

Aug 22, 2005 at 8:31 AM Post #68 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro69
pretty funny though....

seems like ive bought the worse headphones for a noob

first bought sennheiser hd497's... they were OK but the cord shorted on it so a new 1 ran for $18... after the speakers gave out on it *rolls eyes* i bought Bose Triports... they seemed a pretty good pair compaired to the 497's... mind u im not an audiophile dude... hehe anyways 2 days after using them the band snaps on the left side... after wrapping tape around the left side the right side gave out... so i said SCREW THIS!!!! and i got myself some HD590's... recieved them about 2 days ago and i need to break them in and all... also waiting on my amp to arrive.... been over a week now
confused.gif

SO... worse headphone experience BOSE TRIFART HEADPHONES

Yet another person with broken TriPorts...it is simply ridiculous that Bose won't address this issue. I mean, do any of them NOT break?
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I hate the Sony V900. I purchased a pair from eCost because they got like a 4.5/5 rating on AudioReview--they were one of the highest rated cans on there. I wanted big bass for gaming, and they delivered that. However the side effect was that they were WAY too boomy with music. (I realize now that the DT 770 would have been perfect for my purposes!) The bass was so overpowering with the V900s and I found that I wanted a more balanced headphone. I returned them, bought some SR80s, fell in love and that was the start of my hobby.
smily_headphones1.gif
It was also one of the primary reasons I started visiting Head-Fi!

Aug 22, 2005 at 10:46 AM Post #70 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
Yet another person with broken TriPorts...it is simply ridiculous that Bose won't address this issue. I mean, do any of them NOT break?
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I hate the Sony V900. I purchased a pair from eCost because they got like a 4.5/5 rating on AudioReview--they were one of the highest rated cans on there. I wanted big bass for gaming, and they delivered that. However the side effect was that they were WAY too boomy with music. (I realize now that the DT 770 would have been perfect for my purposes!) The bass was so overpowering with the V900s and I found that I wanted a more balanced headphone. I returned them, bought some SR80s, fell in love and that was the start of my hobby.
smily_headphones1.gif
It was also one of the primary reasons I started visiting Head-Fi!

The V900, in my experience, isn't especially "bassy" per se (the bass doesn't extend particularly deep), but is in fact very thick sounding. The lower mids, in fact, dominate the sound from that 'phone.

Aug 22, 2005 at 2:15 PM Post #71 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma
Is anyone going to bash the SR-200? I'm planning to buy the woody at headphile (course, I'm just _planning_ to buy it... which means I won't have the cash to buy it for a very long time
frown.gif
)

Sorry man you won't hear any bashing of that can from me hehe
smily_headphones1.gif
I owned SR200s for quite a while and loved them all the way up to the point that I got the HP2. The only complaints would be that it doesn't have as much soundstage (all narrow-housing Grados have that issue) and bass (well compared to my other cans, DT770 lol) and treble extension (pick a sony, any sony, and i prefer the SR200 treble over the John "Grato" treble) as other cans, but that's stock. The woody recable probably addresses all of those categories, in which case I reserve bash judgment until you hear the modded versions.

Aug 22, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #73 of 155
I won't "bash" the Grado rs 1; alot of things it does well, but it is just a bit too colored, bright and unconfortable for me! I like the drive of the Grado's though.

But, with a good interlink and amp, the hd650 can come alive too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back