The public beta firmware of Android 5.1 for FiiO X7(FW3.0beta) is coming!
Oct 6, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #32 of 133
  I have reported a number of issues/bugs/features on the other FiiO forum.  I have reverted back to FW2.0 and all is working normally again now.  Not a happy experience.

thats why its called a beta 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #35 of 133
Experienced the same thing as RuFrost - no output sound on some mp3 tracks. The file is indeed playing. Tried fast forward and rewind, checked volume, adjust volume up - still no sound.

Hi, karloil.

Could you please provide some related MP3 tracks which can not be played normally on the new firmware? It will be helpful for us to find the reason and fix the bug. 
Please send the tracks to me by the private message if you are convenient. 

Thanks for your cooperation in advance. :)

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #36 of 133
Is it only possible to install the beta with windows? I´m on a Mac, and connecting my X7 to my Mac by holding the volume button doesn´t work.

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #37 of 133
  All my music is in an 1 TB. Kingston HyperX pendrive.

1. Navigating through folders in my OTG device is very slow compared with FW 2.0. and when i click on any sound file on any kind the Fiio music exit with "Ooops..." error message. I can't play any file if access through folders. Only plays accesing from media library or recent music files.
2. Updating the entire media library for the first time takes more than 30 minutes. In FW 2.0 only 3 minutes.
3. Can't equalize DSD files. I think i can do it in FW 2.0.
4. Not detect, in my case, Spanish characters of folders or files names.
5. Not estable. Constantly crashing.
6. The Fiio App player is the same. Same UI, same theme, same features. No new features or improvements except two: Change the order of folders and no white background on m3u8 playlist.

Expected and not see in this new release:
1. No posible to see or read the entire folder or file name if it is more long than the screen.
2. Not detect more than one genre, artist, etc. in the ID3 tag separated by semicolon ";".
3. Only searchs song, no genre, artist, albums, etc.
4. Mark a song to be the next to play and then continue to play the order of the marked song like the next song of that song album.
5. Subtitles of folders continues to be in a dark gray color imposible to read.
6. No read lyrics in tags. No sync lyrics.
7. White Text without shadows on the album image like quality or lyrics imposible to read if the album image is much lighter or white.

I expected in this new version at least all the features and customizations options of apps like Neutron or JetAudio. 

Hi, JaviAl.

1.If you play the music files by ES explorer, you still get the "Ooops..." error message?
2. How many songs in totall are in your pendrive?
3. You meant the EQ is enabled when playing DSD files in FW2.0?
The EQ is not enabled when playing DSD files, not matter in FW3.0Beta or FW2.0.
4.Please provide the file names which can not be displayed normally for us. 
5.The new firmware can not run stably? Could you please inform us what operations will cause the crashing issue?
6.We are designing the new UI/theme for the FiiO Music app. 

1. Could you please send the long file name you mentioned to us?
2. As I know, most standard ID3 tag only has the sigle genre or artist, ect. Kindly send the related songs to us for testing.
3. We will add the new function of searching artist/album on next firmware. 
4. You meant the Playing queue function? And this playlist only takes effect once?
6. At presnet, the X7 can not support the lyrics in tags.
5&7. We will make the new UI for the FiiO Music app.

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #38 of 133
  Is it only possible to install the beta with windows? I´m on a Mac, and connecting my X7 to my Mac by holding the volume button doesn´t work.

Hi, haiku.
Yes, it is the only possible to install the beta version with Windows, and it can not work on Mac. Because the driver of the SoC RK3188 is only compatible with Windows, but not Mac. 

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #39 of 133

Hi, haiku.
Yes, it is the only possible to install the beta version with Windows, and it can not work on Mac. Because the driver of the SoC RK3188 is only compatible with Windows, but not Mac. 

Ok, but once the new firmware is ready, I can get it via OTA download, right?

Oct 7, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #40 of 133
  Hi, JaviAl.

1.If you play the music files by ES explorer, you still get the "Ooops..." error message?
2. How many songs in totall are in your pendrive?
3. You meant the EQ is enabled when playing DSD files in FW2.0?
The EQ is not enabled when playing DSD files, not matter in FW3.0Beta or FW2.0.
4.Please provide the file names which can not be displayed normally for us. 
5.The new firmware can not run stably? Could you please inform us what operations will cause the crashing issue?
6.We are designing the new UI/theme for the FiiO Music app. 

1. Could you please send the long file name you mentioned to us?
2. As I know, most standard ID3 tag only has the sigle genre or artist, ect. Kindly send the related songs to us for testing.
3. We will add the new function of searching artist/album on next firmware. 
4. You meant the Playing queue function? And this playlist only takes effect once?
6. At presnet, the X7 can not support the lyrics in tags.
5&7. We will make the new UI for the FiiO Music app.

1/1. I can't try with ES Explorer because i return to FW 2.0, but the same file accesing via the library plays OK. Any file accesing via folders close de Fiio Player with an error.
1/2. The are about 9.000 songs and 950 Folders. Runs perfectly in FW 2.0.
1/3. I can enable EQ is DSD in FW 2.0 but i don't know if runs. I try in the past with a beta firmware 1.x and i think it runs with DSD.
1/4. Characters not displayed well in FW 3.0 : á é í ó ú ñ and more international characters.

2/1. For example i have two albums in two folders with this folder names:
2016 L'Arte del Violino (Locatelli Violin Concertos) (DSD128 2.0 Bin) - Lisa Jacobs, The String Soloists
2016 L'Arte del Violino (Locatelli Violin Concertos) (DSD128 2.0) - Lisa Jacobs, The String Soloists

The first album is in DSD128 Binaural format, and the other in Stereo. Navigating through folders i cant see the full folder name. The same for files.

2/2 The vast mayority of music players programs admit more than one artist, genre, etc. like MediaMonkey, Foobar, JRiver, etc. For example a file with a genre "Pop; Rock" appears in Pop and in Rock genre; artist like "Herbert Von Karajan; London Philarmonic Orquesta" appears separatly like two diferent artists by searching or navigating through artist. Another example in Classic music is for example an album that the artist is two or three like "Herbert Von Karajan; London Philarmonic Orquesta" and the composer is Ludwig Van Beethoven or more than one composer separated by semicolon. Interesting to see the option to explore "Composers". More interesting tags are Year, Original Year and Rating.

2/3 Thanks.

2/4. An example. I play an album through folders. The folder is  "04 Pop\Michael Jackson\1982 Thriller (DSD64 2.0) - Michael Jackson" and the file is "05 Beat It - Michael Jackson.dsf". The next file to play is the next file that is the next track: "06 Billie Jean - Michael Jackson.dsf". I talk about the posibility when playing for example the file "05 Beat It - Michael Jackson.dsf", to mark any other song on other album like "15 New Age\Mike Oldfield\1983 Crises (Deluxe Edition) (R2013) (96 KHz) - Mike Oldfield" and file "01 Crises - Mike Oldfield.flac" and when finish the 05 Beat Song then continue with marked song "01 Crises - Mike Oldfield.flac" and then continue with the next track in this album/folder "02 Moonlight Shadow - Mike Oldfield.flac" if there is no more marked songs to be played.

This same function when searching by library or by folders.

2/6. All my lyrics are in tags.

2/5&7 I'm expected for the new UI.

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #41 of 133

Yeah, I just did right now.

Using PHH's root + V4A

could you give some more info on 'PHH's root' and how it is to be done? i want to get off Mr Kingroots' wild ride.

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #42 of 133
Fiio guys, is it possible to rearrange favourite song or playlist already made? (for example, rearrange track 3 to track 1 in playlist create by Fiio music player) If it still not possible I would like to suggest this option in the next FW or later. Thank you.

Oct 8, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #43 of 133
Fiio guys, is it possible to rearrange favourite song or playlist already made? (for example, rearrange track 3 to track 1 in playlist create by Fiio music player) If it still not possible I would like to suggest this option in the next FW or later. Thank you.

Hi, ReizeiMako

The funtion you wanted is not supported by the FiiO player now. We will consider adding it in the later firmware. Thankyou for your feedback.

Maybe you can create a external playlist in order to rearrange the songs in the playlist. How to create external playlist: http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40017&page=1&extra=#pid105482

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 8, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #44 of 133

C. However, there are still some unsolved bugs on the FW3.0 Beta version:
6. Small ratio of playback noise at certain operations (can be fixed by changing tracks or replay); App might exit abnormally (can be fixed by opening the App again);
7. Impulsive sound might be heard when turning off the X7 with AM2/AM2A;

Looking forward to your feedback!

Regarding bug 7 on AM2 and AM2A, the impulse pop sound also occurs when changing tracks.

When connected on coaxial output to the Chord Mojo, the sampling frequency light on the Mojo will keep flashing when the track playback is paused, when the track resumes playing the light returns to being lit continuously. What does this mean?

Oct 8, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #45 of 133
FiiO please correct this in FW3.0:

Conditions:
Single FLAC file (album)
.cue file

Browsing by artist, album view:

-Playing on album only plays 1st track
- Opening album only shows/plays last track, shows track -1/1

Browsing by album:

- Shows all tracks
- Playing tracks individually works ok but shows track -1/21 (there are 9 tracks in album)
- Can't skip to next track when a track ends it skips to another album

Browsing by folder, opening the cue file:

- shows/plays all tracks correctly and with correct number 1/9, 2/9, ...

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back