The public beta firmware of Android 5.1 for FiiO X7(FW3.0beta) is coming!
Oct 9, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #49 of 133
Hi, JaviAl.

Thanks for your replies. I will pass them to our software engineers. 

For the issue of failding to play files through folders, pls go access the Settings on FiiO Music, then try to set "Play through folders" to OFF, then try to play files through folders again.  

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #50 of 133

Ok, but once the new firmware is ready, I can get it via OTA download, right?

Hi, haiku.

Sorry for the late reply. 

As we said, "since the underlying design of the firmware is very different from the Android 4.4, the firmware upgrade can only be realized by burning with the desktop upgrade tool". That is to say, you will not get it via OTA download when there is the new firmware(Android 5), if your X7 is still running Android 4.4. 

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #51 of 133
  Hi, haiku.

Sorry for the late reply. 

As we said, "since the underlying design of the firmware is very different from the Android 4.4, the firmware upgrade can only be realized by burning with the desktop upgrade tool". That is to say, you will not get it via OTA download when there is the new firmware(Android 5), if your X7 is still running Android 4.4. 

Ok, but then I can expect the upgrade tool will work for Apple OSX?

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #52 of 133
@FiiO Please consider in the next FW3.x revision:

- The problem I previously reported about playing single file albums separated with .cue file
- Scanning music (manual) on pure music mode doesn't work properly (only finds about 50 tracks on +1700)
- I don't know if its only me, I have good eyes but the color of captions under artists, albums etc, its TOO DARK - have reported it many times and its a 5 min fix, unless you have brightness at MAX, and even so, its too dark - a few more grey points please...

Best Regards

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #53 of 133
Another bugs that I found:

. The cover art didn't load on artist list, some appear only on the play screen
. Some music don't play, appear to start but no sound.
. The search function are not good, very slow and bad.
. Some slowdowns and crashes in the Fiio Music app.

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #54 of 133
@FiiO, can I make a small suggestion? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Long track names in player scroll for full name, great - scrolling speed is fine too.

But... you should introduce a delay of about 3 to 5 seconds before scrolling (initially and after looping), its better to read - when track names are really long you don't notice the effect, but if i.e. track name is just 1 or 2 characters longer there is a weird "jump" effect that makes it harder to read.

My 2 cents

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #57 of 133
  @FiiO, can I make a small suggestion? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Long track names in player scroll for full name, great - scrolling speed is fine too.

But... you should introduce a delay of about 3 to 5 seconds before scrolling (initially and after looping), its better to read - when track names are really long you don't notice the effect, but if i.e. track name is just 1 or 2 characters longer there is a weird "jump" effect that makes it harder to read.

My 2 cents

And how about using multiple lines instead of scrolling?

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #58 of 133
And how about using multiple lines instead of scrolling?

I can't speak for FiiO but IMHO:

Space constraints, maybe still not enough ...
No need to redesign or change anything visually, just a "sleep" timer

FiiO is in a run to fix big things in FW3 so I wouldn't suggest anything to add more stress, this is a simple fix.

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #59 of 133
I'm currently trying to update my x7, and hold volume up for a while before connecting it to my windows 10 laptop. I have already disabled driver signature validation  btw.
It shows the Fiio starting up animation and the the batery charger display, about a second later after the display goes off, my laptop detects a USB device called Android.

I try to update it and it says that the newest version of the driver is already installed. No rockusb driver or anything like that. Can any one help me please ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back