Thanks Tyll, from HeadRoom!
Apr 6, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #16 of 61
Tyll,
Quite a shock that you are leaving Headroom. Through your eloquent and enthusiastic discussions and writing you have generated much excitement about all things headphone and especially about the excellent products offered by Headroom. This change will take some getting used to! Best of luck in your new adventure.
Tom

Apr 6, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #17 of 61
Tyll,

You're the face not only of Headroom but of this hobby itself.

Thanks -- and best wishes from your many friends!

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #18 of 61
Although I have never used headroom as a gear supplier, it did supply me with great information about headphones when I was starting in this hobby. Best wishes to you Tyll, looking forward to listen your new creations (whatever they may be) in the near future. Another thing man, keep on dancing!

Sorry, I couldn't help it
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #19 of 61
I had always equated "HeadRoom = Tyll". Still can't fathom this news.
Tyll, definitely take this as an opportunity to something bigger and better. You had been the man behind headphone audio, thanks for everything and I wish you the very best.

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #22 of 61
Good luck with the new endeavours.

Methinks this may require a modified head-fi title! Should we now add 'Homus Tinkerus' to your title?
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #23 of 61
This is all news to me. I have heard great things about the legend, but haven't had the pleasure of meeting him in person.

Here's hoping I get the chance sometime.

Good luck on all your future endeavors!

P.S. - You know what, Tyll? Sounds like you'll be doing what many people will never get the chance to do: work at what they love. For most, work is more a means of sustenance than enjoyment. It's good to hear stories when a person joins the two. You're already on a level most people will never and can only hope to be.

Apr 6, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #24 of 61
thank you tyll for your great efforts and what you have done regarding this hobby and the head-fi community. i am also a little sad about this (I am an amotional person generally) because you were always symbolised headroom for me, because at first,when I just got into this hobby (3 years ago) you were the most domoinant in this forum, and as you already know I have always adored headroom and all of you guys because of your great gear and service, so it is like saying goodbye to a goodfriend. I truly can't say enough thank you for tyll and the rest of headroom which brought so much joy into my life.
anyway,enough with the emotions,we are all happy for you ,whishing you good luck in the road, and keep in touch in the forum man!
smile.gif

it is so good to have headphone fanatics like you tyll
beerchug.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #25 of 61
What a shock. It's tough for a company to lose its public face and the personal goodwill Tyll brought to HeadRoom. One hopes management took that into consideration.

Still, I hope HeadRoom finds its way and does well.

And I am very much looking forward to Tyll's second act.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #26 of 61
I've only been fortunate enough to have interactions with HeadRoom and its staff a few times, but each time has been a great experience. I have a fantasy in which I win the lottery, travel to Bozeman, and buy at least one of everything there.
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks and good luck!

Apr 7, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #28 of 61
Truly the end of an era. I remember many years ago when Headroom was the headphone industry. They made the only headphone amps and tirelessly supported the headphone approach to listening to music. Those ads in Stereophile over a decade ago talking about crazy things like portable amps and crossfeed, that no one had ever heard of before, for sale only by mail order (before the internet!) created an entire industry.

The spectacular growth of headphones is down to three converging factors: the iPod, Jude starting Head-fi, and Tyll Hertsens making portable headphone amps available. All happened at the same time and all three were necessary and Tyll was one of the driving forces.

Now there are literally hundreds of headphone headphone amps available, and many websites selling amps and headphone gear, and all owe a major debt to Tyll.

This is starting to sound a bit too much like a eulogy so I will finish by wishing Tyll well in the future.

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #29 of 61
Headroom was my starting point for the headphone hobby and I'll always have an ear to what Tyll has to say. If Headroom hasn't pushed for this market in the internet media, I might never have found the sound I have today. And Tyll is really friendly, I remember that much from the 2006 meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back