Thank you HeadRoom!
Feb 19, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #46 of 110
Guys- I have had great experience with HR over the years, which has caused me to think of you all as my go-to source for all things headphone - and to recommend you guys to a bunch of folks.

First, a decade ago I bought a little more power from you and proceeded to exchange it twice for issues that were probably in my head. Never a hint of annoyance on your part.

Then, a year ago, I called you all up as one of my UE SF5 drivers quit. And I was looking for a new set of cans. Rather than selling me a new kit, you all told me about UE's great warrantee service, and they replaced the phones no questions asked.

Your honest and straight-forward approach is so rare in business today. The goodwill that you created during those incidents is now directly translating into a Maxxed Desktop sale for you all, and I hope that some of the folks who I've referred to you have bought stuff as well.

Keep up the good work. Your customer service has been exceptional for over a decade.

Best of luck for your continued success.

-Gian

P.S. Your stuff sounds pretty good, too. :wink:

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #47 of 110
I just wanted to also thank Headroom for allowing me to listen to great stuff over the years. I started out with the bithead --> cosmic amp --> base station one --> micro --> micro dac --> total bithead --> desktop w/dac portable with the red brick --> desktop max, max dac --> a few t-shirts --> DPS (a must) Oh by the way, the base station one works good with the max/max dac...

So, I guess I like HR stuff. The last purchased which I just made a few months ago allows me to use my SACD players like I wanted to. With 2 sets of RCAs in and one out, I can hook it up to my external blah (whatever I'm in the mood for) or just RCA inputs from my killer SACD player....

Again thanks for all the confidence in keeping my musical interests alive!!!

Craig..

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #48 of 110
It's always a little embarrassing to come read the accolades here, but satisfying, too. I can't tell you how hard it is to pull this stuff off. We more often see the areas in which we could improve or the various mistakes we make --- it does happen. But we rarely notice the stuff we do right because it's just in the flow of the day, it just disappears in the road behind us.

So thanks for all your comments; keep them coming here in this thread, it's a great reminder for us that we do a good job and have come a long way. But also don't hesitate to give us a call or send an email when we've fallen short---we want to fix that when it happens. It's better not to handle customer service issues in threads here. Not so much because it makes our faults apparent, but more because we're set up to handle it that way and can be more effectively responsive. Also, sometimes the customer is at fault and we'd rather not embarrass anyone, and because sometimes we're more generous than we'd want the world at large to know about and take advantage of. Anyway, best to handle customer service issues through email and phone.

Thanks guys! It's been a pleasure doing business with you over the years; I'm so happy we've managed to satisfy you over the years; and I look forward to having lots of fun playing with audio stuff in the years to come!

Mar 13, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #49 of 110
I just had my first experience with Headroom's repair department, and I am VERY IMPRESSED!!! My vintage 1998 Headroom Home amp was damaged by careless movers - the potentiometer shaft snapped! I sent it to Headroom, and within a week was notified that, not only was my amp repaired, but it was also updated to 2004 internals - and all for a VERY fair price. Now, its better than new and ready for another 10 years of trouble-free service. THANK YOU!

Mar 13, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #50 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by angelo225544 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just had my first experience with Headroom's repair department, and I am VERY IMPRESSED!!! My vintage 1998 Headroom Home amp was damaged by careless movers - the potentiometer shaft snapped! I sent it to Headroom, and within a week was notified that, not only was my amp repaired, but it was also updated to 2004 internals - and all for a VERY fair price. Now, its better than new and ready for another 10 years of trouble-free service. THANK YOU!

THANK YOU for your kind comments, Angelo.
smily_headphones1.gif
No question, Mike & the entire crew do a simply wonderful job back in our Build & Repair Dept!

And, of course, "Sorry About Your Wallet!" ...
eek.gif

(traditional first-post Head-Fi greeting!)

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Mar 14, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #51 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's always a little embarrassing to come read the accolades here, but satisfying, too. I can't tell you how hard it is to pull this stuff off. We more often see the areas in which we could improve or the various mistakes we make --- it does happen. But we rarely notice the stuff we do right because it's just in the flow of the day, it just disappears in the road behind us.

So thanks for all your comments; keep them coming here in this thread, it's a great reminder for us that we do a good job and have come a long way. But also don't hesitate to give us a call or send an email when we've fallen short---we want to fix that when it happens. It's better not to handle customer service issues in threads here. Not so much because it makes our faults apparent, but more because we're set up to handle it that way and can be more effectively responsive. Also, sometimes the customer is at fault and we'd rather not embarrass anyone, and because sometimes we're more generous than we'd want the world at large to know about and take advantage of. Anyway, best to handle customer service issues through email and phone.

Thanks guys! It's been a pleasure doing business with you over the years; I'm so happy we've managed to satisfy you over the years; and I look forward to having lots of fun playing with audio stuff in the years to come!

Hi Tyll,

I have a question that I was wondering if you can please answer for me. I have also asked this question in a different posting so sorry for the dup..

There are a few audio engineers that have been discussing the sound enjoyment from the desktop max\max dac. So here goes the question:

In your opinion, if using the same source, which do you perfer using; the usb or optical dac input?

Assuming that you are using the pimped out desktop....There is money on this. Several of us have placed a very small bet and I think you maybe the key to unlocking this agrument.

See, there are some that think usb is jitter free and there are some of us that think the max dac does wonders with optical from a cd/dvd source.

Please help!!!

Thanks....

LOL
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #52 of 110
I am now the proud owner of a 2007 Micro Stack and I have been thoroughly enjoying its sonic goodness for a little over 2 weeks now. I would like to give a special thanks to Jorge for being very helpful with my pre-purchase questions and for prompty responding to all my e-mails.

I also would like to thank Mike for answering my many technical questions, again, always promptly and with great knowledge and advice.

Thanks guys, my experience with Headroom has been fantastic! Keep up the great work, great service, and the great products!!!
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #53 of 110
So hey:

I spent a number of years cultivating a love of music listening through headphones. I like the experience more than using loudspeakers. For about a decade, I've been working my way up the ladder from so-so phones to pretty darn decent cans. Well finally, as a midlife crisis present to me, I decided to man up last summer and ordered a Desktop Max Amp/DAC rig and a pair of Grado GS1Ks from our good friends at Headroom. All arrived in grand shape and I stepped into audio nirvana for about 8 months. Ooh La La.

Then, for reasons mysterious, the amp blew and the cans went with it. No, I didn't plug/unplug phones with the volume up. I didn't play them at top volume for any length of time. I didn't pour coffee in it. I didn't use any part of the setup for tire chocks. It just worked one Sunday and didn't Monday night. I contacted Headroom and the gentleman on the line said send it back and we'll look at it.

Couple days later, Mike Olson, who runs the repair shop out there, calls me up personally and says something like "Yep, the amp was shot but it's fixed now and we're gonna send you a new pair of GS1Ks 'cause we can handle returning them to Grado and it'll make life easier on you."
"Your kidding," I said, stunned.
"Nope. We'll handle it."
"No questions asked?"
"Nope. None."

Okay, so I expected to hear something like I'd have to send the Grados back to Grado myself and deal with the manufacturer directly and it's not our problem and all the ragwater most dealers pour down your neck when you have a problem. I nearly passed out. Unconditional service. Didn't know it existed any more.

Mr. Olson handled everything and shipped everything back in a flash. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

But wait. There's more.

Turns out, the GS1Ks he sent had a wee problem. The left earcup assembly came away from the headband in my hands. Popped off like a broken flower bud. I emailed Mike in a panic. He said "Holy cow, that's inexcusable. Send 'em back and we'll replace 'em. No questions."

Now I'm spoiled.

I shipped 'em back and a couple weeks of close communiques later still no headphones. The GS1K shipment somehow had been delayed or waylaid and it'd be a while until they showed up. Mike promised to keep an eye on the problem. I had no doubts.

Then one day some customer unknown canceled an order which included a pair of GS1000s. Mr. Olson scooped them up and sent 'em to me, late shipments be damned. Now it's like I'm back to square one but better. Now I know I have some heavy duty audio gear, which believe me leaves me something in awe. But more importantly, it's all backed by some of the nicest, most dedicated and diligent people who will take care of you, watch your back, and make you feel like you're their only customer, no matter what.

See, I work in a funeral home near Baltimore, and in this way of life you get all of one chance to make it right for the folks you help out. Service is everything. Lose sight of that, and you lose your business. The folks at Headroom know this like I know the color red, or the sun's up, or that Miles Davis plays stuff I never heard before this rig, and by golly I can't ever go back now.

Thanks Mr. Olson, who sounds too young to look like Santa Claus, but I bet he's got a big white beard and red suit tucked away somewhere. And thanks
Tyll, for knowing how it goes.

Mike Marano
Headroom Customer for Life

Apr 2, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #54 of 110
Hiya Mr. Marano!

Sorry about your wallet!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for a very nice comment. mate. Mike's a solid guy, and I'm glad we done you right.

Happy Listening!

Jun 2, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #55 of 110
Many thanks to you Headroom for getting me involved in this incredible audiophile hobby! I decided back in October to upgrade from my Sony headphones. Did a little web search and bam, there is Headroom. I started out slow, spent roughly $350 for a multitude of things. After 8.5 months, I am completely overjoyed with my music. I recently trialed two wonderful tube amps, and since I couldn't make up my mind which I liked more, I'm keeping them both. You weren't kidding with that sorry about your wallet stuff.

I have always had a deep passion for listening to music, and due to your wonderful website and sales people, it has been taken to a completely new level (say, an $8K level). I have loved every minute of it, and can't wait to listen some more. Thanks for getting me pointed down this glorious path.

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #56 of 110
More embarassment for the Goodguys....I recently purchased my first Grado's from HR and two days later. Bliss. What to say? professional & prompt, but most important to me (consumer); painless-dummy proof shopping. Careful Headroom you guys just might spoil me.
wink.gif

Something tells me this might be the beautiful beginning of a wonderful relationship.

Thanks

hcw

Jun 6, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #57 of 110
Tyll for prez...after he sends me a balanced desktop!!!

And wheres my Max balanced home? omg get me tracking =)

Jul 17, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #58 of 110
Just a quick Thank You to Mike in Service for upgrading my DT Amp with DAC module. Very attentive to questions, and got my amp back to me in a wk. Thank you Sir! Tremendous work!!!

Oct 8, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #60 of 110
Headroom,
First off I would like to thank you as a collective whole for the microDAC which I think is a wonderful stand alone DAC, and also for truly getting me into this hobby.
Secondly (more recently), I would like to send a special shout out to Mike for some help on an experiment I am working on. Thanks for the information and being so open to communication.
Cheers,
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back