Thank you HeadRoom!
Jun 18, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #16 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank You Tyll for giving me a job where I can be myself.

You're so very welcome!

Quote:

Thanks for the Amphion Ion's that you're going to give me.
evil_smiley.gif

Only when the Harbeths arrive (which should be in a couple of days), and only if I like the Harbeths better.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'm taking a shower, and will be in by 10:15. (Those speakers better still be on my desk, damit. I need a lock on my door!)

Jun 18, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #17 of 110
Thank you Headroom for the mug I won at the Nottingham meet in Feb 2005 - it's still in daily use at the office and relatively unique.

Watch out for it on Antiques Roadshow in the years to come
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #18 of 110
Thank you Jaime!... for all the questions answered (how does this sound? if I am looking for this kind of sound which xxx should I buy? etc). Thany you for watching over my K701 order and then replacing them so quickly (one of the drivers went). Also thanks for always remembering, "we are in this for the music."

Jun 18, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #20 of 110
Thank you for crushing my wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously, you guys rock. Excellent products + reasonable prices + outstanding customer service makes for successfully companies. It's amazing how few really understand that.

GAD

Jun 18, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #21 of 110
Thanks Tyll for being the visionary and driving force behind bringing this great hobby to the masses! Thanks for also supplying me with my first pair of Etymotic 4S's!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jeff (flashbak)
P.S And thanks for the HeadRoom coffee cup at the NY show, was that in 2001?

Jun 18, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #22 of 110
I'll say thank you to Headroom for the consistenly good advice I've gotten from them, and the fast replies to all my questions. I've spoken in e-mail to Jorge C. there, and he's been on the spot with good advice.

The Senn HD555's were a great choice for what I wanted and the shiny new DT990's a Millet Hybrid are wonderful.

There's a lot of advice here on head-fi, but it is not alway as grounded in reality and practicality as that I've gotten from Headroom. I'll be happy to get anything I need from them.

Jun 19, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #23 of 110
My undying thanks to Headroom, for providing my first experience with headphone Hi-Fi. It was the mid to late 90s, and I happened to see an ad in an audio magazine for your gear. At the time, I was on commercial flights at least 6-8 times a month, and NEEDED a way to bring high quality tunes with me. One pair of Ety ER4s and Senn HD580s, a Headroom Supreme amp, 4 'D' batteries
eek.gif
, a Traveler bag, and my PCDP and I was set. Air travel was never the same for me after that. Sure, gear has gotten better, smaller and longer lasting since then, but what you guys did at the time was nothing short of visionary
waytogo.gif

Thanks also to you specifically, Tyll, for your generousity and hospitality in Bozeman last month. The sample CD is a fantastic tool that I intend to make good use of in auditioning new gear. All in all, it was great to get a tour of our hobby's birthplace, and to chat with you about what the future may hold. Your personal Desktop Speaker setup is to die for, not to mention your

RACK!
IMGP0231.jpg

[Mel Brooks]"It's good to be the King"[/Mel Brooks]

Jun 22, 2007 at 10:21 AM Post #24 of 110
Thanks Tyll and the HeadRoom crew for introducing me to the space right between my ears.

After spending all my money on music as a teen, the occasional portable player and earbuds (because the packed in headphones were crappy), seeing the SR-60 on headphone.com came like an epiphany. I had no idea there was more to music equipment than the tape/cd players and headphones at the local electronics department.

Then I put my brand new pair of SR-60's on my ears...

My epiphany was fully realized; my love and enjoyment of music blossomed.

It's been a great journey through all the headphones and amps I've owned and listened to. (Including the ER-4p's that I saw on my first visit to your site and thought were the weirdest and most expensive earphone I had ever seen - and which I've since bought, enjoyed and lost.) I am constantly looking forward to the next bit of music I get to discover and the superb equipment I get to use to do so.

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #25 of 110
I bought my first High end Cans from Headroom, the RS2's. I'm sure Tyll had to deal with the "what? headphones? who cares!" or "how much for those dumb headphones?" or, "what's wrong with the ones that come WITH the player?" that we all hear from people who don't understand. I would love to see Headroom make a really cool tube headamp in the future! With lots of tubes and maybe some wood! I'd buy one!
cool.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #26 of 110
Thanks for all the product info and images you supply. Very informative when making choices, and consciously part of my decision to order from you when I can.

And thanks for babysitting my kids last Saturday.

And thanks for saving my 2nd and 4th marriages (and thanks for ending the 3rd!).

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 23, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #27 of 110
I doubt that you remember, but my wife and I visited your shop last October and ordered an AKG 701 and a maxed out Desktop. Although having customers in the shop was not the usual thing, we were treated tremendously well and auditioned many different headphones. I still LOVE the Desktop and many times find that the office system is my best sounding system (much to the chagrin of my boss who would rather me work hard than listen and be captivated by the music). My thanks to all of your front office staff that made my wife and myself feel so at home at your company!

Jun 23, 2007 at 9:12 AM Post #28 of 110
Tyll & the hard working HeadRoom Crew,

Thank you so much for your super fantastic customer service.
I remember many, many years ago, long before I discovered Head-Fi.
I bought a pair of Sennheiser noise canceling phones, that broke on my first trip with them.
mad.gif

But after calling HeadRoom and talking to customer service, they took back the Sennheisers and recommended the etymotic ER6. Wonderful phones that I've had for years.
etysmile.gif

And at the last Head-fi meet, when I was interested in listening to the total bithead, Tyll ran to the store just to buy some batteries, so I can listen to them. And thank you for the wonderful coffee mug, that I use daily!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #29 of 110
HeadRoom,

I found your site a few years ago when I was searching for better headphones. I loved that you had performance graphs and the comparisons and reviews seemed to be inline with what I may expect to hear from the 'phone (e.g., warm or overly bright, etc.). I ended up getting a set of Sennheiser HD650s for my birthday and have enjoyed them for the past few years with a home designed amp that used a 4-D battery pack and a MOSFET output. However, it lacked volume controls and a DAC, etc. and I kept going to your website and lurking over the amps, until ...

"Desktop Portable + DAC + Travel Bag"

Thank you for the quick answers to my pre-sales questions and for the terrific follow-up on getting my order. I am impressed at the rugged build quality of the amp and love the traveler bag. HeadRoom's team of sales persons and engineers were terrific and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #30 of 110
I want to give a big thank you to Headroom for sending damn near their whole product line to the MD/VA/DC Regional meet. We had:

Max Balanced
Desktop Balanced
Micro amp and DAC
Bithead
Airhead
Destop amp and PS
Balanced K701

Thanks so much for the great gear and for making the shipping and reshipping of gear super easy.

You guys rule!

Big thanks to Andrew for making it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back