TH-900 Fostex EZ-Simple Mods and other Fostex Dynamic Variants X00...Denon..More Bass ? Mid ? Soundstage ? Smooth trebles ?
Sep 27, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #185 of 216
Lol! Mine were never glued and so as many others, when did u buy your ? Was it new ? If so when was a it manufactured ?

I bought from My friend last week who just use it around 2 hours. He bought it brand new about 1 or 2 years ago and not the mk2. Serial number is 1100. Just now I asked him, he never open or do mod to the headphone, when the package arrived, open, listen and back to the box. Hmm.. strange

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #186 of 216
I bought from My friend last week who just use it around 2 hours. He bought it brand new about 1 or 2 years ago and not the mk2. Serial number is 1100. Just now I asked him, he never open or do mod to the headphone, when the package arrived, open, listen and back to the box. Hmm.. strange

Could be some technicians faults to put on the foam rings too quickly when the hot glues (a lot of it ) used for the cables inside was not dried throughoutly ?

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #188 of 216
Just tried rotating the foam disk, but I think I liked the #3 position on my Ebony TH-X00. Nice simple, reversible mod! Enjoying it with ZMF Omni pads, though I don't feel like trimming it, yet. :wink:

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #189 of 216
Great to see somebody with ebonies testing this out. I will be getting mine this Friday. I am going to be testing out these foam mods. I have some ZMF pads and brainwave hybrid pads to work with as well. Also planning on trying out some lawton style mods with my leftover mayflower mod kit. I will let you know how it goes in this thread for everyone's knowledge. If it really increases quality that much, I will make my own thread and link it. 

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #190 of 216
TH-X00 Ebony
This is so far what works best for me: Position 4, Brainwavz Hybrid Pads. Haven't done any internal modding yet. I am not sure if I need to. Need to play more with music to see if the bass needs tightening or not. 

EDIT:
ZMF angle pads with stock position is my new favorite. The highs are a little better with this set up. 

Jul 9, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #192 of 216
I purchased a used TH900 MKII. I found the treble mostly unbearable, with strong sibilance, even after performing all of the EZ mods, (including rotating the white stuffing in the cup). Some vocal recordings on YouTube were painful to listen to.

I wanted to put an additional filter in front of the driver, so I ended up cutting a pair of circles out of Bounty paper towels. The circles are smaller than the outer diameter of the foam disc, but larger than the inner diameter. I used the paper tape to affix the paper towel filters to the back of each foam disc, pulling the paper as tight as I could while taping it down:

nU09NP.jpg

nU0CY1.jpg

This, surprisingly, solved all the problems I was having with elevated treble. I don't know if there are any long-terms issues in doing this (like lint buildup), but the immediate results are very good.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #193 of 216
I purchased a used TH900 MKII. I found the treble mostly unbearable, with strong sibilance, even after performing all of the EZ mods, (including rotating the white stuffing in the cup). Some vocal recordings on YouTube were painful to listen to.

I wanted to put an additional filter in front of the driver, so I ended up cutting a pair of circles out of Bounty paper towels. The circles are smaller than the outer diameter of the foam disc, but larger than the inner diameter. I used the paper tape to affix the paper towel filters to the back of each foam disc, pulling the paper as tight as I could while taping it down:

nU09NP.jpg

nU0CY1.jpg

This, surprisingly, solved all the problems I was having with elevated treble. I don't know if there are any long-terms issues in doing this (like lint buildup), but the immediate results are very good.
You using a dap, amp, ?

Jul 10, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #195 of 216
I'm using a Schiit Bifrost Multibit and Asgard 2.
Could just use eq and lower the treble. The TH900 works great with a good eq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back