The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #136 of 2,251
If you don’t like the more forward raw sound of King, try the Exclusive 5. I tried Exclusive 2,3,5, King, and series 4. I’ve got a good ear for sound and i feel the Exclsuve 5 is the best sounding of all and has the best bass reproduction as well. I bought the exclusive 5 around 2 days ago and using the spinfit cp100 tips, it smoothens out the sound even more. I’m very happy with it.
Agreed, all of them are good
5 is good, just a liitle too bright to me

Nov 3, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #137 of 2,251
Agreed, all of them are good
5 is good, just a liitle too bright to me
Yes it will be a bit bright initially. After about 40-50 hours of burn in you will definitely notice it smoothen out on the highs and using the spinfit cp100 eartips smoother our the highs even more and enhances and tightens the bass. Try it. You’ll be surprised what a 5 dollar tip can do to the sound.

Nov 3, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #139 of 2,251
Yes it will be a bit bright initially. After about 40-50 hours of burn in you will definitely notice it smoothen out on the highs and using the spinfit cp100 eartips smoother our the highs even more and enhances and tightens the bass. Try it. You’ll be surprised what a 5 dollar tip can do to the sound.
Zs5v1 or ex 5 is brighter?

Nov 3, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #141 of 2,251
Nov 4, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #145 of 2,251
I'm hoping to have my review of the My Love II up tomorrow. It uses 12.0 mm dual magnet graphene drivers like other TFZ. It's right up there with the 5 and King as one of the better models they've got (that I've heard). Same detailed, vibrant sound as the King but with the 5's awesome bass peformance. Mids are bit more lush than either. They have a killer sound stage too. I think they're better than the Series 4 which feels somewhat compressed in comparison (smaller staging, less emphasis at the frequency extremities). Still a good iem, but the II is a more impressive listen, and cheaper to boot.

How is it going with the review? I'm looking forward towards it

Nov 6, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #148 of 2,251
Actually the whole TFZ series. Which is the best ? If one is looking for a fun sound and minimal sibilance.

I don't know that I've heard sibilance or harshness from any of the IEMs in the TFZ line. The King is the only one that gets close, but even then I never thought of it as strident or uncomfortable, just not my preferred tuning, and I'm pretty treble sensitive.

IMHO if you're looking for the best "fun sound" IEM in the TFZ line it's the Executive 5s. Great bass, warm and pleasant mids, and enough treble to give good clarity without being strident.

Nov 7, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #149 of 2,251
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back