TF10s broke, Omg need some help!
May 9, 2011 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

xXFallenAngelXx

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, its a very sad day..the wiring on the right side of my tf10s broke off..so I 'm not getting any sound out of the right side..I pulled on the detachable cable carefully, it was fine on the left, but on the right it tore off......I got these during the amazon sale for $100 last november so they should still be under the 1 year warranty..I'm just confused who should I contact and if they will replace them for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

May 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 16
I would try amazon in first place for a replacement then Ultimate Ears/Logitech.
The help page of amazon is one great place to start.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

May 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 16
Umm well you can allways buy a new cable.. not sure if the cable would be classed as normal wear and tear?

May 9, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 16

Quote:
Umm well you can allways buy a new cable.. not sure if the cable would be classed as normal wear and tear?

Its not the cable..when I was removing the cable from the socket you plug it into..the right socket came out with it and the wires that connected the earphones to that part teared off

Quote:
I would try amazon in first place for a replacement then Ultimate Ears/Logitech.
The help page of amazon is one great place to start.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

I was thinking that too cuz amazon has great customer service compared to all the things Ive heard about logitech..what section would I have to go to though..the damaged products seem to have to be already damaged prior to getting the item
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_557204_exchange?nodeId=557204#exchange 

Keep the advice rolling guys and thanks in advance! 

May 9, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #5 of 16
If you can't get UE to replace it (they have very good customer service btw. give them a call), you can always get them reshelled

May 10, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #7 of 16
This would go under warranty by UE wouldn't it since they were bought in November and past any exchange Amazon has.

You can always sell them for cheap (to me :p) as another option or venture into customs if you have not done so.

May 10, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #8 of 16
I'll probably have to contact UE then..I'll post some pics later cuz if I do want to turn them in to customs ..I want to make sure its possible since the wires are no longer connected to the socket..Hopefully everything goes smoothly..prob post pics later tonight then...and you guys can be the judge of that

May 11, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #9 of 16
Hey guys here some pics
I'm a little busy so I'll probably contact UE on friday...in case they won't replace it for me, tell me if its possible to turn them in to customs in their current condition
Google Chrome is being weird so each pic will be in a different post...
Pic 1..right side with two wires sticking out unattached to socket
Pic 2..left side..normal you can see the socket
Pic 3-normal cable
Pic 4-right side cable..you can see that the the socket is stuck on the cable..don't want to try pulling as it may cause further damage
Pic-5- a pic of someone else's customs..if you look at the right ear piece..you see the blue and red wires connected to the socket..mine are not

Sorry for the bad pics..just using a 5mp phone camera for convenience 
Please leave your thoughts and thanks again for helping me out.

May 11, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #10 of 16
pictureview

Users who are viewing this thread

Back