TF10 replacement
Sep 9, 2010 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

taize

Head-Fier
I have a set of TF10's that I've enjoyed a lot. Unfortunately no matter what tips I use I just can't get them to stay in for long period.

I've only had UE IEM and enjoyed the sound from them - but I have nothing to compare them to.

I'm thinking of changing to something else that is more compfortable and I'm after suggestions. I listen to a wide range of music from jazz, to rock and classical. I don't really want to upgrade in the sense of paying more. I've been thinking about the Monster coppers but I'm open to other suggestions

Kym

Sep 10, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #4 of 6
To get a little more information, is there something you wanted to change in the sound signature of the Triple.Fi 10s is the fit the primary reason for the change?  The Monster Coppers don't sound similar to the Triple.Fi 10s.  The Copper's have a more forward mid range and a different bass that, while sounding full and deep, is not a punchy as the Triple.Fi 10s.  They also have a bit recessed treble compared to the Triple.Fi 10s.  To my mind, the Triple.Fi 10s are more revealing of the music details and ambiance, they're a bit more realistic.  I did a quick comparison for this write up while listening to some recordings by Babby Mason, a gospel crooner.

I know what you mean about fit issues with the Triple.Fi 10s.  The Monster Coppers are an improvement since they don't stick out so far, but they do have heavy drivers which might slide out after a time.  The sound tube of the Monsters is also roughly the same diameter as the Triple.Fi 10s, so if brute diameter has been an issue, the Monsters won't bring you heavenward.  Interestingly, the Comply tips made for the Monster's have a larger diameter than those for the UE, meaning they're a bit to easy to slide on and off--not sure I like that.

Sep 10, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #5 of 6
Can't help you there lol. I am planning to get a used tf10, than remold and add drivers in a couple of months. A 6 driver remold would cost me less than a JH16 or UE18. Cheers. 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I was hoping to have a very small change over price - sell the tf10's and pick up something else.

I guess I could get custom tips for the TF10's - last time i checked they cost AUD$120

Sep 10, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
To get a little more information, is there something you wanted to change in the sound signature of the Triple.Fi 10s is the fit the primary reason for the change? 

Its the fit that is the primary reason. I like the sound signature (not that I've had much to compare it with). I love the overall clarity - especially in the treble - and the punchy bass. While I could get custom tips I'll still end up with phones that stick out heaps. I was hoping to get something a little smaller if that's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back