TF10 remold or UM Mage?
Sep 17, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #16 of 25

Quote:
hmm, im from singapore, and i was quoted around 900+ for the UM Mage by stereo..
is 768 the price fom null audio??

anyway i would also like to hear comments from ppl who own both the remolded tf10(6drivers) and um mage, im also stuck in a choice between both...i am afraid the 6drivers would somehow messed up tf10 sound sig and um mage although being 4drivers, is a true custom built from scratch...

any comments ppl before i sink my money in??

Quote:
The 768 price is from the null-audio site. I think the actual price is slightly more though, as null audio quoted me a slightly higher price than whats stated on their site for remolding services. I'm leaning towards just remolding the TF10s without the addition of drivers, as i LOVE the sound signature as it is. Mainly a fit and isolation issue. Than save up for a aero, mage or miracle, thereby getting 2 monitors with different sound signatures. 
beerchug.gif

curiously, I can't get onto the online store. Any idea how much they are selling miracles for?

Sep 17, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #18 of 25
Does the bass of the TF18 overwhelm the treble and mids? Cause i really love the treble on the TF10, and its my biggest worry if i remold it to the TF18.

Quote:
It's all about the sound signatures and what you like. The Mages are described(I haven't heard them) as light and crisp, while the TF18s more powerful/ bass heavy. For example, before I got my TF10s remolded I always thought of my IE7's as having very smooth and deep bass. I can't even listen to them anymore because they pale so badly in comparison to the remolded triplefis. IMO that's what you're getting with the 6 driver remold.

Sep 17, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #22 of 25
You can try jaben. They probably have it as well as a bunch of other stuff to demo which makes me very jealous :T

Sep 17, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #23 of 25

Quote:
You can try jaben. They probably have it as well as a bunch of other stuff to demo which makes me very jealous :T

For custom, i think they only carry Livewires, JH and their house brand...
UM's "agent" in sg is null audio and stereo but i don't think they have universal demo set for Mage...
I also look at this thread cos a fellow TF10 using with the itch to reshell!

Sep 17, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #24 of 25
I'm probably not going to add any driver to the TF10s when i remold them. I love the sound signature as it it and i don't want anything to change it much. I would really love to hear a demo mage though.. i used to think i was a bass-head until i heard the treble on the TF10s.

Nov 17, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #25 of 25
Even though I'm not the Singapore distributor, I guess I can help as well.

Here's a frequency chart for the TF10x4:

Here's the one for TF10X6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back