Tequila!
Jan 27, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
I have a friend whos mother is mexican and he spent almost two years living there a few years ago...anyway, he brought back some tequilla and showed me how all his cousins drink tequilla and I really liked it. So what you do is pour a half shot glass of lime juice, and a shot glass of tomato juice. first you shoot the lime, then the tequilla, then the tomato juice. Now I hate tomato juice in general but you really can't taste it and it's actually a nice taste after the tequilla goes down...anyone wanna try it and let me know what they think? None of my other friends tried it and all think it sounds disgusting...lol

I've been is a couple Tequila bars that serve something similar as a side when you order a nice shot of Tequila for sipping. It comes in an oversized shot glass and has a lime wedge and tomato juice that is slightly mixed with something else. The Tequila is served in what looks like a small wine or champagne class. I didn't care for it myself but if I was drinking a cheaper Tequila I can see how it would be nice.

Jan 27, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #32 of 40
Cazadores Reposado and Anejo. Nice
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
I've been is a couple Tequila bars that serve something similar as a side when you order a nice shot of Tequila for sipping. It comes in an oversized shot glass and has a lime wedge and tomato juice that is slightly mixed with something else. The Tequila is served in what looks like a small wine or champagne class. I didn't care for it myself but if I was drinking a cheaper Tequila I can see how it would be nice.

Just got back from [too much] drinking tonight.

Guess what the bartender turned me on to? He called it a "Sweaty Mexican" -- basically it was a shot of tequila plus tabasco sauce.

It was interesting, but i don't think I'll be asking for it again anytime soon.....

too sweaty
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #35 of 40

Quote:
I love tequila. It's my drink of choice and for my money, you just can't beat the buzz. Makes my "huevos caliente" as well, which is why I buy the good stuff and save it for special company!

The best bang for the buck I've found is the Don Julio Anejo. It's about $50 a bottle here and it goes down real smooth. All you need is a little salt and a slice of lime!

Another that I used to like but haven't seen in NC is Sauza Triada. I used to get it in Northern Va but here they top out at Tres Generacions which I don't care for at all.

I've never tried the Patron but I'll give it a shot if I can find a bottle that's both Anejo and 100% Agave. I won't drink any tequilla that doesn't have both those words on the label.

NEVER DRINK TEQUILA THAT DOESN'T SAY 100% AGAVE
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #39 of 40

NEVER DRINK TEQUILA THAT DOESN'T SAY 100% AGAVE
biggrin.gif

On one level, I completely agree. Agave and reposados are remarkable for sipping.

On the other hand, I went through some $1 tequila shooters in Cabo last week (I will not reveal the number, mostly because I do not remember :D) and had a helluva good time.

Jan 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #40 of 40

Quote:
On one level, I completely agree. Agave and reposados are remarkable for sipping.On the other hand, I went through some $1 tequila shooters in Cabo last week (I will not reveal the number, mostly because I do not remember
biggrin.gif
) and had a helluva good time.

At CanJam, I will definitely want to be hanging with you after the main events. 
biggrin.gif

EDIT: YES THE CHAIN-QUOTING IS GONE THANK GOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back