Tequila!
Jan 26, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #17 of 40
I don't normally drink Tequila but when I do it's usually Patron Reposado which to me goes down really smooth. If not Patron then Cabo Wabo Reposado will also do. Also would recommend Sauza Tres Generaciones Reposado though it's not as smooth as Patron and Cabo but still goes down easy. I currently have a bottle of Gran Patron Platinum that was given to me as a gift and am waiting for that special occasion to open it.

Jan 26, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #18 of 40
Jose Cuervo. I am not a tequila expert and i didnt know tequilas could run that expensive.
tongue.gif

Jan 26, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #19 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris
Jose Cuervo. I am not a tequila expert and i didnt know tequilas could run that expensive.
tongue.gif

Then you've never had tequila...

Jan 26, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #20 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris
tongue.gif

Yuk, I wont even put that in my mixed drinks... try some Patron, Don Julio, or Herradura my friend.

Jan 26, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #22 of 40
My first experience with Tequila was Cuervo and man what a nasty trip that was. Never sicker in my life the next morning that I wanted to die. Never touched the Jose Cuervo brand in large amounts again.

Jan 26, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #23 of 40
I love tequila. It's my drink of choice and for my money, you just can't beat the buzz. Makes my "huevos caliente" as well, which is why I buy the good stuff and save it for special company!

The best bang for the buck I've found is the Don Julio Anejo. It's about $50 a bottle here and it goes down real smooth. All you need is a little salt and a slice of lime!

Another that I used to like but haven't seen in NC is Sauza Triada. I used to get it in Northern Va but here they top out at Tres Generacions which I don't care for at all.

I've never tried the Patron but I'll give it a shot if I can find a bottle that's both Anejo and 100% Agave. I won't drink any tequilla that doesn't have both those words on the label.

Jan 26, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
...All you need is a little salt and a slice of lime!

real tequila don't need no stinkin salt n lime.
wink.gif

Jan 27, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #25 of 40
I have a friend whos mother is mexican and he spent almost two years living there a few years ago...anyway, he brought back some tequilla and showed me how all his cousins drink tequilla and I really liked it. So what you do is pour a half shot glass of lime juice, and a shot glass of tomato juice. first you shoot the lime, then the tequilla, then the tomato juice. Now I hate tomato juice in general but you really can't taste it and it's actually a nice taste after the tequilla goes down...anyone wanna try it and let me know what they think? None of my other friends tried it and all think it sounds disgusting...lol

Jan 27, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
Makes my "huevos caliente" as well, which is why I buy the good stuff and save it for special company!

Am I the only one who got that?
biggrin.gif
None of you guys speak spanish huh? Where's Onix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back