Tequila!
Jan 26, 2006 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
Whiskey and Tequila are my brands of hard liquor. I seldom by a nice bottle but enjoy the occasional $15-$20 large shot for sipping.

I recently tasted Don Julio 1942 which is about $100 bucks a bottle and is supposedly better than the $300+ bottle of Real. It was very very smooth and almost had a honey/walnut after taste. Very nice finish and I highly recommend it for any Tequila lovers.

Anyone care to share some good recs?

Jan 26, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 40
i recently took the leap into tequila and bought a bottle of patron anejo from costco. i was pleasantly surprised at how smooth and good it tasted. a bit spicy on the lips but it had a great floral, agave flavor and went down smoothly. i tried it straight and with some ice but eventually came to the conclusion that ice only dilutes the flavor and doesn't bring out other flavors like it does to a bourbon. i can't say that this is a recommendation but i'm definitely interested in trying other types of tequila now.

Jan 26, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 40
Patron Anejo is my personal favorite. i actually prefer it to the Don Julio 1942, but that's just my taste.

my second favorite would be El Tesoro Paradiso.

Jan 26, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #4 of 40
Second the patron anejo, tho the tequila I generally buy is the top shelf sauza (forget what they call it, I don't buy it often). It's a lot cheaper, but still quite tasty. Mostly my sipping involves bourbon or variants. Right now I'm drinking 40 creek whiskey from canada (I think that's the name). (and by right now, I meant last night).

Jan 26, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #5 of 40
I didn't care much for the Patron, at the same price point I liked the Don Juilio Anejo much more. The Patron seemed more harsh IMO

Jan 26, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #8 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
i'll probably try the don julio next but will probably be a while as i just got the patron.

Go to a good Tequila bar like Agave or something and try by shot, that way you don't commit to a whole bottle before you taste.

Jan 26, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
I didn't care much for the Patron, at the same price point I liked the Don Juilio Anejo much more. The Patron seemed more harsh IMO

you should try the El Tesoro Paradiso... it's pretty smooth. not as citrusy as patron.

personally, i like a drink that bites the uvula on the way down.

Jan 26, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #10 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Go to a good Tequila bar like Agave or something and try by shot, that way you don't commit to a whole bottle before you taste.

good idea. i usually get some type of bourbon like maker's or beer when i go to a bar but next time i'll have to try a different type of tequila.

Jan 26, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #11 of 40
Quote:

Anyone care to share some good recs?

whatever it is Cheech Marin drinks (or did back in the day)
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #12 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
I like the burn, personally...

I like a little burn and bite but my buds are pretty sensative and if it has a lot of bite it seems to overwhelm the initial flavors and then all that's left is the finish.

VicAjax, I'll try the El Tesoro Paradiso nex time I'm there. So much Tequila so little time

Jan 26, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
When I drink tequila, like when I drink bourbon, I sip it, and hold it in my mouth til the burn passes, then swallow.

what, no gargle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back