Tennmak IE800

Tennmak Piano
Tennmak Banjo
Tennmak Turbo

Tennmak Pro

Tennmak ???
Tennmak Crazy Cello 

Paul

Crazy Cello is the name of their flagship model? 
popcorn.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #213 of 1,026
Just wanted to say that after a week with the dulcimers they just get better and better!

I've just been going back and forth with my. Akg k545s and whilst there is more (well controlled) bass in the dulcimers they are just as revealing as a well reviewed £175 headphone!

Is it madness to say i prefer my £7 dulcimers because i do?

I am gobsmacked at the bang for buck they offer.

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #214 of 1,026
Just wanted to say that after a week with the dulcimers they just get better and better!

I've just been going back and forth with my. Akg k545s and whilst there is more (well controlled) bass in the dulcimers they are just as revealing as a well reviewed £175 headphone!

Is it madness to say i prefer my £7 dulcimers because i do?

I am gobsmacked at the bang for buck they offer.

+1. i find myself reaching for the dulcimers as much as my $100 iems--they really do no wrong + their comfort and isolation make 'em perfect for on the go. at the very high end you might detect a bit of sibillance/coarseness compared to the tmak pros (or much pricier models), but they do bass as well as any and overall coherence is quite extraordinary. i've cycled through a bunch of the so-called $10 giantkillers, and like a number of them, but these are on another level.

Jun 20, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #217 of 1,026
Considering the low price I think the Porcelain are a very good pair of earphones, only downside is they look a bit feminine - anyone else tried these?

Of the others I'd say the Banjo is my favourite as I don't like the cable on the Piano. The only Tennmak I haven't experienced yet is the Pro's will probably order a pair soon though - does the pro come with the same style of cable as the piano? 

I wonder if there's a cultural issue between the west and the Chinese. When I've bought stuff from them and it's been faulty or hasn't been sent it always seems a challenge to get the money back, Gearbest are a seller I won't be using in the future based on my last experience.

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #218 of 1,026
  Considering the low price I think the Porcelain are a very good pair of earphones, only downside is they look a bit feminine - anyone else tried these?

Of the others I'd say the Banjo is my favourite as I don't like the cable on the Piano. The only Tennmak I haven't experienced yet is the Pro's will probably order a pair soon though - does the pro come with the same style of cable as the piano? 

I wonder if there's a cultural issue between the west and the Chinese. When I've bought stuff from them and it's been faulty or hasn't been sent it always seems a challenge to get the money back, Gearbest are a seller I won't be using in the future based on my last experience.

Yeah porcelain are very good too IMO, I dont find the whites as feminine as you say or at least as feminine as any apple white earbud  
biggrin.gif
Soundwise I would say they are very similar to Dulcimers with a bit less emphasis in the whole bass spectre, I would not be surprised if they have the same DD drivers.
Imo in this price range they are very hard to beat as I consider them in the same ballpark as the best Kz's, Piston`s or mannhas. They are also quite comfy.

Jun 20, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #219 of 1,026
  [Tennmak update]

Starting from 6/10, Tennmak Dulcimer/Banjo/Piano/Pro

will come with a better pouch, packaging, and a warranty card.

Paul

This new packaging is a bit of a disappointment for me, although I know I'll be alone on this. The one thing I liked about the Tennmaks was the compact box which meant I could ship these as a 'large letter' in the UK which is a lot cheaper than the usual large carton that other earphones come in. 

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #220 of 1,026

I haven't tried yet, but yeah I also heard that Porcelain are very good for their price. Gotta try them out someday.. 
ph34r.gif

This new packaging is a bit of a disappointment for me, although I know I'll be alone on this. The one thing I liked about the Tennmaks was the compact box which meant I could ship these as a 'large letter' in the UK which is a lot cheaper than the usual large carton that other earphones come in. 

Actually, that applies to the wholesalers too. Bigger packaging is good for the customer, sad for the seller. 
ksc75smile.gif

Paul

Jun 24, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #221 of 1,026
Got my pianos on Tuesday and they're amazing; I can hear so much detail in my music that i haven't heard before. Coupled with my new xduoo x3 I am one happy person!

They also have a very wide soundstage for iems almost as wide as my sennheiser hd 518s which are open.

Jun 24, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #223 of 1,026
great to hear your enthusiasm! now you,me and @crabdog can recommend them together :)

I'm never certain whether to recommend the Piano, as it depends on preference a bit. They probably have more treble extension and clarity subbass to midrange to treble than maybe any IEM I have under $80, but at the same time, they have a treble peak around 5 Khz that can be annoying for some music, unless you fix it with EQ.

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #225 of 1,026
Don't know how they make them for the money.

As a heads up Tony told me there will be a new cable mid July for the pianos.

That's great because it's the only fault I can find is the cable.

@carltonh I've not noticed any peak in mine. I find them fairly neutral with a slight boost in highs and a significant boost in sub bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back