TempoTec Owners Thread
Nov 18, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #92 of 173
Around 22k..But the delay they did is not reasonable. Retailers are getting it faster than the ones we backed before the launch. But I'm ok with it, at least I got the tracking info now. Still have to wait a week or two I guess.
Thanks for all the advice. I went ahead and bought the Fiio M11 Plus ESS. Arriving in a few days

Nov 25, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #93 of 173
I got mine this week ordered last Tuesday and come Monday (6 days) a nice player very clean does not have loads of bloat and feels chunky but not too chunky in the hand drives the Fiio FH3 I have nicely bass and drums have a nice kick USB Audio Player works and can unfold MQA with the correct plug in only gripe I have is with Hiby Music why does this player not support wavpack?

Nov 25, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #94 of 173
And i am still waiting on my kickstarter one to arrive. Provided phone number on 11/04, got tracking number on 11/18. Currently between Hong Kong and US. Not very happy with Tempo Tec, will probably sell unopened.

Nov 26, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #95 of 173
My Kickstarter V6 arrived today. My wife wouldn't let me test that it works. Got to wait a month for Xmas. Also got the AQ4 to look forward to. Hopefully will be a good match with the V6.

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #96 of 173
Just bought one of these after a long hiatus from buying any music players. Will let you all know what it’s like when I get it. Bought it for somewhere close to $280 with AliExpress discounts from the Tempotec store.
can you guys that have one pleas post more pictures and with what you like to use it with best? Eyecandy always makes a thread more fun!

Nov 30, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #98 of 173
7C73723C-15CC-491A-96AB-87014F04CA86.jpeg

Variations V6 is the dark horse that will disrupt the order of things in the DAP space.

Dec 1, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #100 of 173
As far as what positive reviews are floating out there, it's pretty spot on. It's power hungry tho. A larger DAP purchase wasn't really in my plan as I prefer small wearable DAP when I'm out an about. But for it's asking price and what you're getting.. it was too good to pass. It's far from perfect as a DAP as it's still pretty buggy. Sometimes while the screen is off and you pause the music via physical button no sound will come out as you hit play again, removing and reinserting HP jack fixes it. Hopefully TempoTec is good at releasing firmwares and fixes.

Dec 17, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #102 of 173
Dec 18, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #103 of 173
Any Sonata MHD owners here? I'm a bit curious about how you are liking it. I just ordered one from HiFiGo (seem to be sold out on Tempotecs official website).
I bought it primarily because of the volume control. Does it work well? I like the fact that the volume controls are on the side and not on the front, seems like it's easy to reach when the device is in your pocket. Other than that, are you liking the sound quality? Will be using it primarily with my LetShuoer S12 which is a bit hot in the treble, does the Sonata MHD emphasize the treble a lot?

Dec 28, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #104 of 173
I ended up buying the Sonata HD III instead because I don't need MQA and it was way cheaper. I'm liking it, but I had a big problem when I installed the latest firmware. I followed the instructions and everything seemed to be OK. However, after installing the firmware I had no sound output. The dongle was recognised in windows and in android but no sound. So I tried flashing the firmware again but it didn't work. I finally tried installing the Sonata BHD firmware and that made it work again as before. I'm just wondering what the difference is between the HD III pro firmware and the BHD firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back