tell me about the Sennheiser hd428
Jul 19, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #16 of 19
Enjoy your new cans mate! 
beerchug.gif

As for maintenance, you can wipe the earpads from time to time with baby wipes/towelettes. I'd suggest you avoid putting them on or taking them of by stretching them, they may become a bit wobbly over time, as they adjust to your head. My HD448 did, no big issue though. Try to slide them on/off your head.

You'll get used to the new bass eventually, especially if you listen to bass-heavy music. If you need more bass, there is a reversible mod you can try out. Check it out here (scroll down). I've reverted to stock, I find the mod makes the bass too boomy.

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #17 of 19
i agree. at first, the bass isn't strong enough, despite sennheisers claim that they are their bass-heavy model, in terms of closed headphones. however, after a decent break in the bass comes out a bit more, although not as much as one would like. good buy nevertheless

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #18 of 19
I am a bit late I guess. WayTooCrazy recabled a HD428 which I bought, it is one of the best headphones I have: neutral, bass is well extended and well defined, bass impact is good, mids and high somehow sound better although slightly, very versatile headphone.

I can still live with my standard HD428 but it has to go in time. For the HD428 I guess true to the source sound and detail was more important than bass, somehow... Oh well, it is a mighty fine sounding headphone. 

Jul 26, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #19 of 19
again...thank you for the good advice...recabling and the other mods sound like cool ideas
I will check those out...but as far as the headphone quality, they are awesome.

Thank you all,

Sincerely,

Mathew Kurian

This thread can now be closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back