Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones - Reviewers Needed!
Jul 25, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #76 of 119

i dont think these are that good to take on piston or even monoprice that big thing , i dont remember the model name its mep8233 i think , sorry if im wrong , correct me please . these twin might have a better fit then monprice but not sound . i will be surprised if these are better then monoprice . leave the pistons out , yes pistons have an over loaded bass but they have better clarity then monoprice too .

The monoprice I have, 109927, the black version of the famous Monoprice 8320, and Monoprice 109396.  They are only around US$ 11 in Amazon. And frankly speaking, they are not as good as many reviews have hyped them.  They ok for the price.  The Xiaomi piston, cost less than US$ 20, here in Singapore.

If the Twinwoofers, at let say, at around US$ 18, is not as good as the Monoprice.... than what's the point for looking for Head-fi reviewers? 

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #77 of 119

i dont think these are that good to take on piston or even monoprice that big thing , i dont remember the model name its mep8233 i think , sorry if im wrong , correct me please . these twin might have a better fit then monprice but not sound . i will be surprised if these are better then monoprice . leave the pistons out , yes pistons have an over loaded bass but they have better clarity then monoprice too .

I think they would be great matches for the Twinwoofers if they ever sound good. I have the Pistons and a few other pairs, and no, the Pistons don't have that much bass (you're either exaggerating or just don't like them).

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #78 of 119

The monoprice I have, 109927, the black version of the famous Monoprice 8320, and Monoprice 109396.  They are only around US$ 11 in Amazon. And frankly speaking, they are not as good as many reviews have hyped them.  They ok for the price.  The Xiaomi piston, cost less than US$ 20, here in Singapore.

If the Twinwoofers, at let say, at around US$ 18, is not as good as the Monoprice.... than what's the point for looking for Head-fi reviewers? 

Friends,

Please do not start off-topic posts over here. What you think about the product is what you can post when you get your hands on them. This thread is about showing your interest in reviewing the product, not what others think about a product they have never used.

And no, Twinwoofers cannot be priced at $18 anywhere. Flipkart has a technical problem with pricing with all other products as well, and we have contacted them regarding this, and they are going to change pricing of all products asap. If you accidentally purchased at a lower price than our MSRP cut-off, then your order shall be cancelled soon.

And the current pricing for Twinwoofers is 49.99usd and you can only get it from Amazon.com if you are in the US.

Kindly stick to the topic! Thanks to all!

Jul 25, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #79 of 119

And no, Twinwoofers cannot be priced at $18 anywhere. Flipkart has a technical problem with pricing with all other products as well, and we have contacted them regarding this, and they are going to change pricing of all products asap. If you accidentally purchased at a lower price than our MSRP cut-off, then your order shall be cancelled soon.

And the current pricing for Twinwoofers is 49.99usd and you can only get it from Amazon.com if you are in the US.

Kindly stick to the topic! Thanks to all!

Noted!

Thanks for the clarification!

Jul 25, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #81 of 119
Hello darshand / Harry1986:

If I may ask the following...that pertains to the Twinwoofers subject,

1) Each iem shell has just one 10mm tek001dynamic driver ONLY? Coz the name bit confuses me (twin woofers) that make me think each shell has 2 micro bass drivers/micro passive radiators due to long tube housings....(bass chamber)

2) since the mobile version is times 1.5 sturdier shell than regular, will an user feel little weight when worn?

3) As the name implies It is purely/truly a real Bass beast? Or is there something else (sound wise) that you want to share.....

TY.

Jul 25, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #83 of 119
Hello @darshand / @Harry1986:

If I may ask the following...that pertains to the Twinwoofers subject,

1) Each iem shell has just one 10mm tek001dynamic driver ONLY? Coz the name bit confuses me (twin woofers) that make me think each shell has 2 micro bass drivers/micro passive radiators due to long tube housings....(bass chamber)

2) since the mobile version is times 1.5 sturdier shell than regular, will an user feel little weight when worn?

3) As the name implies It is purely/truly a real Bass beast? Or is there something else (sound wise) that you want to share.....

TY.

Hi Shawn71,

Thank you for asking. Twinwoofers do not have paired drivers per earpiece, although this was our initial concept, and hence we codenamed it project Twinwoofers - the pet name that we loved, and couldn't afford to change in the later stages of the design (and we had registered its trademark way before we started sketching things up!). Although we figured the hard way that our single driver can give us the desired detailed output, and we had already spent around 2 years developing the TEK0001 driver, we therefore found it convenient and rather practical to implement an all-in-one driver.
Our driver is designed to have a fairly decent spectrum coverage, and if you listen to them, you can easily described it as a wanna-be woofer driver, but in reality you're likely to get a full range driver which is also practical, because a driver cannot be appreciated unless it is well balanced in most cases.

We wanted to make sure that our drivers are good at low frequency production, which is what took us that long to design it. Every product that comes from Tekfusion has a slightly different physical characteristics of the chassis be it our Black, White, or Mic'd Editions of Twinwoofers, although all of them should be comfortable to wear, and the slight differences in weight is not a big deal!

Hope I answered your question.

Jul 25, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #84 of 119
Hi Shawn71,

Thank you for asking. Twinwoofers do not have paired drivers per earpiece, although this was our initial concept, and hence we codenamed it project Twinwoofers - the pet name that we loved, and couldn't afford to change in the later stages of the design (and we had registered its trademark way before we started sketching things up!). Although we figured the hard way that our single driver can give us the desired detailed output, and we had already spent around 2 years developing the TEK0001 driver, we therefore found it convenient and rather practical to implement an all-in-one driver.
Our driver is designed to have a fairly decent spectrum coverage, and if you listen to them, you can easily described it as a wanna-be woofer driver, but in reality you're likely to get a full range driver which is also practical, because a driver cannot be appreciated unless it is well balanced in most cases.

We wanted to make sure that our drivers are good at low frequency production, which is what took us that long to design it. Every product that comes from Tekfusion has a slightly different physical characteristics of the chassis be it our Black, White, or Mic'd Editions of Twinwoofers, although all of them should be comfortable to wear, and the slight differences in weight is not a big deal!
Hope I answered your question.

Yeah ok....coz It made me wonder, how the lenght be if its times 1.5,as already bit long tube,in the picture and if the addl 50% is introduced inside the shell to be thicker walls then the sound signature is bit altered....between the regular and mic versions.

So yeah all is well, appreciate a prompt response though weekend mood.:wink:

TY!

Jul 25, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #86 of 119

Niels Bohr once said, and i quote: "An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field."

We've never claimed to be perfect, and we take every single negative review very seriously to improve our products and service, and that's what makes us strong in competition today.

Secondly, this is not the first time we have provided review units to the world. We've had several youtubers, bloggers, technical editors, and journalists all over India who have reviewed our products. Not to mention that some of the top tech magazines, such as Think Digit (Now Digit) and Exhibit Magazine have covered our product reviews. You can find all this info in our website as well.

Back to the main topic.

Thanks to everyone for participating. We're coming close to the end of the week! You've still got time to sign up!

Happy weekend to all!

Subbed, I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. What bothers me on flipkart isn't the negative reviews, its the positive reviews - they don't seem genuine.
But honestly, this whole thing you're doing will sort it out, so its silly for me to be accusatory. 

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #87 of 119
Seems to be a lot of interesting offerings on the market now. These are nice looking monitors. I look forward to impressions. 

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #88 of 119
I'd be interested! I'd most definitely post it here, but if they're really good I'll post it on Headfonics.

Stuff on here:
http://www.head-fi.org/users/113461/reviews

Some stuff on Headfonics:
http://headfonics.com/2013/11/the-fostex-t50rp-as-envisioned-by-zach-mehrbach/
http://headfonics.com/2013/08/brainwavz-hm9-an-m50-killer/
http://headfonics.com/2012/07/sony-sa5000-sony-analytical-ye/
http://headfonics.com/2014/04/the-hm-700-and-re-600-by-hifiman/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back