Teclast X19HD (now available)
Jan 6, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #166 of 234

Quote:
You are mixing up import and export.

Import is to take it out, export is to put it inside, in China it is very difficult to put it in.......................................

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #168 of 234

Quote:
I don't use hifi mode, because i don't hear any noticable diffrerence.

What, are you kidding me, the sound DB will almost double!!!

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #172 of 234

Quote:
clieos compared it to the c30. and he compared the c30 to the clip+ in the past... so you can get an idea

Can you link me clieos thoughts?

Btw guys is it me or mr.tao webpage is crap? i am trying half an hour now to buy the X19HD since its dirty cheap and i want an mp3player for running but i gave up.. i dont want to come back for customer support and having the site givining me errors instead of help.

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #174 of 234

Quote:

Today is the first time that has happened to me at mistertao.com, they are most likely updating servers or something.

There's many vendors at mistertao so I'm not sure which one to buy from.

Thats good to know.. maybe i try later.. did clieos posted a review for this player? i cant seem to find anything

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #175 of 234

No ClieOS only posted some random comments.

He said the T51 sounds better than both X19HD and Cube C30 but didn't go into much detail.

Go back in this thread to user "weibby" he compares the X19HD to Clip+ and also says it can drive the LCD-3 fine.

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #176 of 234

Quote:
Thats good to know.. maybe i try later.. did clieos posted a review for this player? i cant seem to find anything

No, I haven't posted my review of X19HD yet, just some impression. Between C30, Clip+ and X19HD, C30 is still my default on-the-go choice. Comapring X19HD to Clip+, I 'll say Clip+ is slightly more detail and has better sparkle, but also more forward on the vocal. X19HD sounds more neutral overall and has better bass texture (without the bass boost). X19HD's bass boost is much more useful than the EQ on Clip+ stock firmware, but not quite as versatile than the RockBox's EQ. As much as the stock firmware on Clip+ isn't considered to be great, it is still easier to use (and overall more sensible) than the firmware on X19HD.

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #177 of 234

Can you shift the bass boost enhancement like on the X19+?  I found around 100Hz sounded good, and also the SRS effects were quite deep and more interesting than an equalizer.

Is the C30 the same as the Hippo gumstick?  I think the X19+ and Hippo gumstick sound quite similiar, I don't find the power levels of either very significant though compared to my Sony gumstick which is 10mW+10mW.

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #178 of 234

Quote:
No, I haven't posted my review of X19HD yet, just some impression. Between C30, Clip+ and X19HD, C30 is still my default on-the-go choice. Comapring X19HD to Clip+, I 'll say Clip+ is slightly more detail and has better sparkle, but also more forward on the vocal. X19HD sounds more neutral overall and has better bass texture (without the bass boost). X19HD's bass boost is much more useful than the EQ on Clip+ stock firmware, but not quite as versatile than the RockBox's EQ. As much as the stock firmware on Clip+ isn't considered to be great, it is still easier to use (and overall more sensible) than the firmware on X19HD.

Thx for your thoughts. As i said i need a cheap player to be my sports companion. Either one of these little fellas or a sansa fuze so i can start experiementing with amplifiers. I wish they had line out.. maybe i go with Fuze after all.. it can be found for 25gbp in ebay. (refurbished)

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #179 of 234

Quote:

Can you shift the bass boost enhancement like on the X19+?  I found around 100Hz sounded good, and also the SRS effects were quite deep and more interesting than an equalizer.

Is the C30 the same as the Hippo gumstick?  I think the X19+ and Hippo gumstick sound quite similiar, I don't find the power levels of either very significant though compared to my Sony gumstick which is 10mW+10mW.

Bass boost on X19HD is hardware based (set by two resistor) so you can't change it. You can only select to enable it or not.

Hardware wise, C30 should be the same as Hippo Gumstick on hardware (though C30 supports BBE while Gumstick doesn't). IIRC, C30, Hippo Gumstick, X19 series (including the HD) and Sony gumstick are all based on the same series of SigmaTel chip set (which handles decoding, a.k.a. DAC's job), so naturally they all sound similar to each others (at least to a certain point). The difference is C30 / Hippo Gumstick / H19HD don't use the SigmaTel internal amp and instead add another opamp to increase output power. Cube claimed 150mW @ 32ohm, which is the theoretical number for the opamp they use. I don't think it is that high, but it should be higher than what Sony gumstick is capable (I had seen rough measurement done on both to compare the max volume. note: output power doesn't directly equal to volume, as you still need to know what kind of gain is on the amp section).

Jan 9, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #180 of 234

Yeah the Studio V uses SigmaTel too, STMP3770, it seems it's the exact same chip in C30, X19+ and......... Sony B152F.

I didn't know that.

Of course the Studio V has a mystery opamp section and there was some unpretty raging about it on Chinese forums according to what I'm reading now lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back