Teclast X19HD (now available)
Jan 5, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #151 of 234

Quote:

Here is the story summarised:

- I pay for X19HD on 4th of November ($67.98)
- receive X19+ in damaged box 15 days later.
- I send them an email, they admit their mistake and say they'll send X19HD via express shipping, and tell me to send the X19+ back to China, at my expense, via airmail.
- I Email them 6 weeks later (today) asking where is my X19HD?
- They say "we are still waiting for you to send back, thanks"

So one theory is, they are (possibly) sending people the wrong units, asking them to send back via airmail to China, and then pretending it's lost in the mail and they say "we are still waiting", then they are easily outside the 30 day paypal dispute threshhold.

Brutal.  I am really sorry to hear of your troubles.  I have been monitoring this thread because I am curious about this player.

Thanks for letting us know about Ownta.com.  

To me, the way that they responded to you is very much rude.   If you paid with Credit card couldn't you say to the Credit Card company that you didn't receive the item and they won't charge you.  It will take care of the $ for  you but you still won't have the DAP.

I really hope that this gets resolved soon for you.  Take care

Jan 5, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #152 of 234

Thanks,

I called paypal asking why it went to "status: case closed" automatically, and they said it's because it's outside of the 45 day timeframe.

Then I explained to them that's because they took 3 weeks to send it to me, then I emailed them and they send they're sending me the correct item, so I had to wait longer...

Paypal said if they receive enough complaints about a particular seller within a 180 day timeframe, they'll file a "black mark" against them and refund everyone, I am assuming paypal forces the money from the sellers bank account.

So now there is nothing I can do except go to my bank (for the credit card I used with paypal) and get my bank to refund me, I guess I will have to take a print out of the email to the bank and everything, seems like a lot of hassle and time.

Even if I sent the X19+ back to China at my own expense with DHL and had a tracking number, paypal would not help me here, so just avoid ownta.com and make sure you contact paypal within 45 days.

The X19HD is much cheaper at mistertao.com anyway, just buy it from there.

End story.

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #154 of 234
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:49:09 +0800
To: xxx
Subject: Re: RE: ownta.com: Order #xxxxxx has been shipped out - paypal "blackmark" on ownta.com

[size=x-small]we are a scammer ??? we agree to offer you a free exchange, but never get your reply, what's going on ?[/size]

[size=x-small]2012-01-05 [/size]

[size=x-small]info [/size]

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #155 of 234
Must be very unlucky of you. X19HD is my third order of DAP from Ownta and they all went smoothly.

Jan 5, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #156 of 234
I runned test of x19hd and it lasted 27 hours with 128kbt mp3. x19+ for sure can run at least 50 hours.
SQ is better that any ipod without doubt. Let see how it compares with cowon c2 when i will recieve it.

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #158 of 234

Quote:
19HD 30 hrs  vs  19/19+ 70 hrs. pretty a downside , but the HD supports flac.. ?

flac,ape yes, but the sound from this tiny dap is...

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #159 of 234

Quote:
Quote:
19HD 30 hrs  vs  19/19+ 70 hrs. pretty a downside , but the HD supports flac.. ?

flac,ape yes, but the sound from this tiny dap is...

that bad 
00llorar.gif
???

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #160 of 234
Quote:
I runned test of x19hd and it lasted 27 hours with 128kbt mp3. x19+ for sure can run at least 50 hours.
SQ is better that any ipod without doubt. Let see how it compares with cowon c2 when i will recieve it.

In 90+90mW mode it's only 7 or less hours through right?

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #161 of 234
Jan 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #162 of 234

Quote:

Here is the story summarised:

- I pay for X19HD on 4th of November ($67.98)
- receive X19+ in damaged box 15 days later.
- I send them an email, they admit their mistake and say they'll send X19HD via express shipping, and tell me to send the X19+ back to China, at my expense, via airmail.
- I Email them 6 weeks later (today) asking where is my X19HD?
- They say "we are still waiting for you to send back, thanks"

So one theory is, they are (possibly) sending people the wrong units, asking them to send back via airmail to China, and then pretending it's lost in the mail and they say "we are still waiting", then they are easily outside the 30 day paypal dispute threshhold.

sucks. my T51 from ownta.com arrived sooner than I expected. it might have been confiscated in customs... I have heard some stuff about china customs...

Jan 5, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #163 of 234
I've had no problems with any kit purchased from China - it definitely clears their Customs faster than it clears the Australian Customs processing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back