Teclast T51
Sep 28, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #1,456 of 1,468
  Listen to tpa6120, your business
Here only in case of a supply +-4V tpa6120 won't work in T51....
I am not going to publish all details about the modification, it isn't necessary for me.

As long as there is plenty of current, the TPA6120 works fine with one volt below its spec'd minimum (this is where actually testing the device -- measuring distortion, etc -- instead of just going off the datasheet pays off.)

About your comment "I am not going to publish all details about the modification, it isn't necessary for me." It would be to your benefit to do so, as other DIYers from player.ru already have -- as I noted earlier, you seem to have only repeated their work. Though choice of THS opamp and the PCB layout seems to be your own ...topologically, I bet it's absolutely identical to Symmcat/Storb . ...you even have the same flying electro caps. HINT: if you're going to borrow a DIYer's non-profit design, and charge $130 for it, don't also steal the dead-giveaway external appearance... like here:

Oh ... and speaking of the mod price ... $130.00 ... wow! that's  steep. I orig purchased both my T51 and CK4 brand new for about the same price. And many newer/better models have since hit the Asian market ... for about the same $$.

Sep 28, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #1,457 of 1,468

As long as there is plenty of current, the TPA6120 works fine with one volt below its spec'd minimum (this is where actually testing the device -- measuring distortion, etc -- instead of just going off the datasheet pays off.)

About your comment "I am not going to publish all details about the modification, it isn't necessary for me." It would be to your benefit to do so, as other DIYers from player.ru already have -- as I noted earlier, you seem to have only repeated their work. Though choice of THS opamp and the PCB layout seems to be your own ...topologically, I bet it's absolutely identical to Symmcat/Storb . ...you even have the same flying electro caps. HINT: if you're going to borrow a DIYer's non-profit design, and charge $130 for it, don't also steal the dead-giveaway external appearance... like here:

Oh ... and speaking of the mod price ... $130.00 ... wow! that's  steep. I orig purchased both my T51 and CK4 brand new for about the same price. And many newer/better models have since hit the Asian market ... for about the same $$.

I listened to tpa6120 in case of the under supply - it sounds badly, especially in case of such supply it won't give necessary amplitude on an output, the output cascadeshopping mall it isn't rail-to-rail.
My TekMOD significantly differs from remaining, you have neither education, nor knowledge, mind to understand it, even according to the photo. You give outdate a photo of one my ear amplifier (it was changed already 3 times), thus without comparing others of new guiding? You are adequate? Similar to stupid trolling.
By the way, even (this only thing the general with other MODes) now I use condensers others, look at the last photos of TekMOD.
I don't force you to pay to me $130, any DAP at the cost $ up to 400-450 will concede on quality of TekMOD, ANY.
You are disturbed by my success? You can't calm down in any way?

Sep 28, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #1,458 of 1,468

My TekMOD significantly differs from remaining, you have neither education, nor knowledge, mind to understand it, even according to the photo. You give outdate a photo of one my ear amplifier (it was changed already 3 times), thus without comparing others of new guiding?

Without detailed schematics or better (more updated details or photos) you're all talk. 

I've tried various tweaks with the T51 and CK4 on a breadboard, bench and with o'scope.
My advice to those looking to bring the T51 to very high quality is simply replace the stock LPF opamp with an AD8066 or AD8397. That's mostly all one really needs to significantly improve over stock. And it's something most people with basic soldering skills can easily handle. 

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #1,461 of 1,468
After an intensive week listening with more than 9 hours a day on my SD3, I feel pretty comfortable with this mod and very satisfied, the best sound I could hear with my poor equipments in the audiophile world. 
wink.gif

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #1,462 of 1,468
  After an intensive week listening with more than 9 hours a day on my SD3, I feel pretty comfortable with this mod and very satisfied, the best sound I could hear with my poor equipments in the audiophile world. 
wink.gif

Migoul67 ... we've repeatedly read your comments about how much you like the TekMOD ... and your sig lists several source components that may be used in compare/contrast tests with T51. This would be useful ... even if source components are not exactly in same "category". E.g., TeKMOD vs. iBasso D7, etc.

BTW: Your equipment (if sig line is correct) is hardly "poor" ... both in dollar value or audio quality.   

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #1,463 of 1,468
Thanks but is more low to middle range gears and former for some, apart the SD3 that are my last precious with the T51 mod to compliment it :)

For now the T51 is my favorite portable source, play really well with the SD3, for me the sound is better than the D7, better texture with more details and musicality, a better source or pairing for sure.

Dec 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #1,465 of 1,468
burnwaygta4:
Since you CLAIM to improve the cleanliness of DC-to-DC converter, via your "mod", you need to provide proof. O'scope traces, as noted here in a topical EEVBlog episode...

...will go a long way to proving your case before the court. Be sure to capture before and after mod images. Post them in this thread.

Oh ... and for all the FREE help, you (or somebody reading this) needs to send me sample unit -- for eval (you probably won't get it back). I might help you out on S/H ... but I doubt it :wink:

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #1,466 of 1,468
I've had mine for 4 years now....Battery kinda dying...
Anyone know where I can find a replacement battery?

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #1,467 of 1,468
I have a sflo:2 with a broken screen. Would anyone be interested in buying it / selling one faulty unit with a good screen?

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #1,468 of 1,468
Not a mod, just a fix. Is it very difficult? I have average skills but not the best. Is it possible if you mail me one of those?

Adrian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back