Techno, Electro & Underground Beats
Mar 31, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #1,381 of 9,752
  Return To The Source and Escape From Samsara used to be off the charts!
http://www.liquisearch.com/the_fridge/return_to_the_source_and_escape_from_samsara

A bunch of us headed there after Club UK got shutdown
http://history-is-made-at-night.blogspot.ca/2009/02/club-uk-in-wandsworth-love-ecstasy-and.html

"What made Club UK special was a crowd of 1400 people for which the term 'up for it' seems completely inadequate"
Yep. 

Haha, I remember my period of psy-trance (aka Goa techno with reverb overload/neon vinyl pressings) around that time - about 1 year.
Do you remember Spiral Tribe  ? Psychic Warriors ov Gaia gigs ?
Wonder where all those crusty Goa psy-trance travellers are now ? Probably using the ping pong/childrens' slide/hammocks at google HQ and rolling in equity. SELL OUTS, just like the hippies.

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #1,382 of 9,752
Entering Transistor Bay [CD] by Underjack

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #1,383 of 9,752

Haha, I remember my period of psy-trance (aka Goa techno with reverb overload/neon vinyl pressings) around that time - about 1 year.
Do you remember Spiral Tribe  ? Psychic Warriors ov Gaia gigs ?
Wonder where all those crusty Goa psy-trance travellers are now ? Probably using the ping pong/childrens' slide/hammocks at google HQ and rolling in equity. SELL OUTS, just like the hippies.

Yeah Spiral Tribe for sure. You used to ring some phone number at around 11pm (I think) to find out where the party was. One particularly memorable event was in a disused cinema in Camden. 

It was Spiral Tribe that introduced me to the scene really. I was in London in 1988, but didn't really get into Acid House, but after stepping into the rave tent being run by Spiral Tribe at Glastonbury (1992?) on magic mushrooms I never looked back. Their music sounds a bit dated now, but it was very fresh at the time.

The authorities cracked down pretty hard after this little event. Which simply drove it into the clubs and then places like Club UK and countless other clubs in the UK (and probably world wide) sprung up.

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #1,387 of 9,752
On Scuba: I was blown away by Triangulation when it came out and Personality hit the mark as well, even though it attracted some criticism for moving too far away from the template of atmospheric dubstep. I really felt he dropped the ball with Claustrophobia though, so be interested to hear what he puts out next.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #1,392 of 9,752

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back