Techno, Electro & Underground Beats
Mar 30, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #1,368 of 9,866
I love psytrance, I attended John OO fleming's 8 hour set few weeks ago. It was a knockout and i had so much fun, chicks love psytrance over here.

It seems like most of the dj's never release their core stuff which they play in raves. It's always more fun to watch them live and party like an animal.

Return To The Source and Escape From Samsara used to be off the charts!
http://www.liquisearch.com/the_fridge/return_to_the_source_and_escape_from_samsara

A bunch of us headed there after Club UK got shutdown
http://history-is-made-at-night.blogspot.ca/2009/02/club-uk-in-wandsworth-love-ecstasy-and.html

"What made Club UK special was a crowd of 1400 people for which the term 'up for it' seems completely inadequate"
Yep. 

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #1,369 of 9,866
Human Experience [CD] by Milena Kriegs 
Human Experience [CD] by Milena Kriegs 

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #1,373 of 9,866
while there is more great electronic music still being made than i can (or have the time,energy or finances to) keep up with, i think my age is finally catching up to me
in that recently (more often than not)  i find myself listening to the oldskool IDM/ Leftfield/ Downtempo/ Ambient/ Glitch/ 8-bit/ Breakbeat/ Techno/ House etc)
- i.e. dug out the first few Ilkae albums last night and was pleasantly surprised at how brilliant they still sound.

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #1,374 of 9,866
  while there is more great electronic music still being made than i can (or have the time,energy or finances to) keep up with, i think my age is finally catching up to me
in that recently (more often than not)  i find myself listening to the oldskool IDM/ Leftfield/ Downtempo/ Ambient/ Glitch/ 8-bit/ Breakbeat/ Techno/ House etc)
- i.e. dug out the first few Ilkae albums last night and was pleasantly surprised at how brilliant they still sound.

Leftfield for sure - their new album is really good. I find the techno being released today to be even better than from the 90's. This board has helped me find some true gems. It's making me want to plan a trip back to London and Berlin. It's rare DJ's such as Ancient Methods and Dax J play my neck of the woods. I did see Juno Reactor a few months ago though in a small underground club over here.

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #1,375 of 9,866

the soft moon | being (ancient methods remix)

wolfsheim | the sparrow and the nightengales (ancient methods remix)

perc | my head is slowly exploding (ancient methods remix)

ancient methods | 5th method a1

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #1,376 of 9,866

Pistachio Island is an old favourite of mine - it's like a buffet, with lots of tiny courses and different flavours! Merck in general was brilliant. Probably the top label of what I'd call the second wave of IDM (considering 90s Warp era the first), but Toytronic was pretty hot too.

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #1,377 of 9,866

ancient methods | 5th method a1

I guess that means we've come full circle: post #1 
biggrin.gif
 Great track though - I reckon 5th Method is still my favourite AM release. They never sounded more brutal. The new EP's good, but almost well-mannered by comparison.

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #1,379 of 9,866

I guess that means we've come full circle: post #1 
biggrin.gif
 Great track though - I reckon 5th Method is still my favourite AM release. They never sounded more brutal. The new EP's good, but almost well-mannered by comparison.

Whoa, yeah you are right!  The Circle of Life.

You have a great memory.  I can't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #1,380 of 9,866

No, I'm the same - all the stuff you mentioned is my first choice in bleep.

I'm just pushing myself to find current techno just now and really digging labels like Semantica/Circular. Seems to be great labels out of Spain now.
Also like Leftfield, I'm finding the current straight up 'techno-techno' better than 90s dance floor oriented stuff. More texture and tangents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back