Techno, Electro & Underground Beats
Jul 10, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #62 of 9,788
Have you guys heard any tracks from RGC Label? Andrew Weatherall released a mix album - From the Bunker. Top notch stuff, their sound easily stands out from the sea of generic tracks that are out there. Someone mentioned dopplereffekt here, gesamktunstwerk is one of my favorites albums as well! Speaking of bunkers, Bunker records nethernlands released this gem in '07, Nimoy - Untitled, has some quality tracks on there. I'm sure it's mentioned elsewhere if not here, the self titled mix by Voices from the Lake is definitely worth checking out if you haven't already. 

Jul 10, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #63 of 9,788
  Have you guys heard any tracks from RGC Label? Andrew Weatherall released a mix album - From the Bunker. Top notch stuff, their sound easily stands out from the sea of generic tracks that are out there. Someone mentioned dopplereffekt here, gesamktunstwerk is one of my favorites albums as well! Speaking of bunkers, Bunker records nethernlands released this gem in '07, Nimoy - Untitled, has some quality tracks on there. I'm sure it's mentioned elsewhere if not here, the self titled mix by Voices from the Lake is definitely worth checking out if you haven't already. 

Rotters Golf Club? I know a couple of things on that label - mainly Radioactive Man - good stuff. I wasn't impressed with Voices from the Lake personally... sounded kinda like weak sauce FSOL, circa Lifeforms era to me. It garnered a lot of praise on RA and elsewhere though (think it did get a mention on here already too), so I'm probably out of step with the consensus there. Ho hum. Will have to check out that Nimoy - cheers for that!

Jul 13, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #68 of 9,788
Wow! I'm so far behind.....I'm probably going to go OT as soon as I quote anything!! 
basshead.gif

Loved the techno/synth sound alllllll my life; I was a little'un when my mother used to play Autobahn and Isao Tomita, when they were first released!!!
Somehow, despite my love of this genre, I've never managed to become aware of what's out there and get a proper collection; I've just made do with an occasional blast of Kraftwerk or FSOL, or satiated my techno needs with other electronica (which I love equally) such as Yello, Massive Attack or Orbital etc. I just got hooked into the mainstream, I guess.

Love the 'Developer- Trade Beliefs' track, posted earlier in the thread. Where can I find the flac?

(Sorry for any OT)

Keep on digging. 

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #69 of 9,788
  Wow! I'm so far behind.....I'm probably going to go OT as soon as I quote anything!! 
basshead.gif

Loved the techno/synth sound alllllll my life; I was a little'un when my mother used to play Autobahn and Isao Tomita, when they were first released!!!
Somehow, despite my love of this genre, I've never managed to become aware of what's out there and get a proper collection; I've just made do with an occasional blast of Kraftwerk or FSOL, or satiated my techno needs with other electronica (which I love equally) such as Yello, Massive Attack or Orbital etc. I just got hooked into the mainstream, I guess.

Love the 'Developer- Trade Beliefs' track, posted earlier in the thread. Where can I find the flac?

(Sorry for any OT)

Keep on digging. 

Hey there! FSOL was my route into techno as well - then discovered Kraftwerk was the source (like everyone else 
bigsmile_face.gif
)

You can get the FLAC (or mp3) for that Developer here: https://semanticarecords.bandcamp.com/album/developer-trade-beliefs-semantica-39

Jul 13, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #70 of 9,788

Hey there! FSOL was my route into techno as well - then discovered Kraftwerk was the source (like everyone else 
bigsmile_face.gif
)

You can get the FLAC (or mp3) for that Developer here: https://semanticarecords.bandcamp.com/album/developer-trade-beliefs-semantica-39

Thanks for the link.

I wouldn't say that FSOL was my route into electronica; I was a fan right at the very beginning. Kraftwerk's Autobahn, even some Donna Summer, had me spellbound listening to my mother's hifi, back in the70's! Maybe FSOL almost hooked back, but I think that I gave up trying to find new stuff even before I got a pc (and internet). I've just never got around to resuming the hunt. And now (for a long time) I feel like there's so much out there, I don't know where to start. So I guess that a thread, like this one, is just what I need. 
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #71 of 9,788

Thanks for the link.

I wouldn't say that FSOL was my route into electronica; I was a fan right at the very beginning. Kraftwerk's Autobahn, even some Donna Summer, had me spellbound listening to my mother's hifi, back in the70's! Maybe FSOL almost hooked back, but I think that I gave up trying to find new stuff even before I got a pc (and internet). I've just never got around to resuming the hunt. And now (for a long time) I feel like there's so much out there, I don't know where to start. So I guess that a thread, like this one, is just what I need. 
wink.gif

I'm no spring chicken, but I must confess I was barely old enough to listen to the sound of a rattle back then! I reckon Megablast (Bomb the Bass) was one of the first records I ever bought and thought it was the ultimate at the time. Subsequently learned that electronic music (and indeed sampling) was nothing new, of course, and that I was just late to the party!

Guess this is going OT, as you predicted, but what the hell - I always like chewing the fat!

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #72 of 9,788

I'm no spring chicken, but I must confess I was barely old enough to listen to the sound of a rattle back then! I reckon Megablast (Bomb the Bass) was one of the first records I ever bought and thought it was the ultimate at the time. Subsequently learned that electronic music (and indeed sampling) was nothing new, of course, and that I was just late to the party!

Guess this is going OT, as you predicted, but what the hell - I always like chewing the fat!

Yeah, hands up for the OT. I guess I'd better stop; all kinds of (musical) memories are coming back (from the depths of time!). My final thought: I guess my first techno actual purchase was Tour De France. Bomb the Bass reminded me of the Steve Silk Hurley track- Jack your Body. But the Kraftwerk 12" single was my first purchase. Ooooooh!!! Those were the days.......Afrika Bambaataa- Planet Rock!!! 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back