Technics Premium Stereo Earphones EAH-TZ700
Oct 11, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #182 of 219
I have seen them as low as 900 USD on Amazon. 1k is reasonable to me and a good price for them and is what I paid for mine.
There have been several on the Head-Fi Classifieds for $600-700. Just need to keep an eye on listings or make periodic searches.

Oct 11, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #184 of 219
Thank you. By the way I noticed all of you changed to different cables. Are stock ones that bad? They have too much microphonics? If I get these all I'm interested is 3.5mm unbalanced. Amp/dacs I have Topping NX4, NX7 amp, hip dac, xduoo xd 05 plus and lately got a Chord mojo 2 which is exceptional.

Oct 11, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #186 of 219
While I have also tried different cables as an experiment, the stock cable is as good as anything I have tried. Choosing the correct tips are of far more importance for both fit and optimum sound. Needless to say, fit directly affects the sound as does the choice of wide or narrow tip bore. Ultimately, the results come down to personal preferences!

Oct 11, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #187 of 219
TZ700_2.png

ZX507-pouch.png

Using mine with a PW 1960s straight cable. Excellent SQ, light and comfortable

Oct 12, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #188 of 219
Thank you. By the way I noticed all of you changed to different cables. Are stock ones that bad? They have too much microphonics? If I get these all I'm interested is 3.5mm unbalanced. Amp/dacs I have Topping NX4, NX7 amp, hip dac, xduoo xd 05 plus and lately got a Chord mojo 2 which is exceptional.
The stock cable is good, don't need to replace, I'm using a satin because I like the aesthetic :)
I have a mojo 2 and is a great pair with these iems

Oct 17, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #189 of 219
One thing not mentioned yet is If these can be used in public places or not. Do they leak sound when listening loud using the proper size ear tips for a good seal on individual's ears? Since most people don't know their price, I wouldn't mind taking them with me while traveling😂 Etymotic ER2XR I have are perfect in this regard. I can blast them and they leak nothing outside when using foam tips. They are tight sounding overall which I like and have a little forward high mids which don't like. Also, they lack bass impact for my taste, and the highs are not well extended. Foam tips have gotten very comfortable over time. They're pretty good for their price but I think I will upgrade to TZ700. Please, make a test. Listen the TZ700 somewhat loudly and record with your phone outside. That way you'll hear in the recording If they leak sound.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #190 of 219
Mine do not leak sound.

Nov 6, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #195 of 219
After having the IE900 alongside the TZ700 for a week I've concluded that they are complementary. I find the IE900 to have superior resolution and imaging, while the Technics have a more natural timbre and a smoother tuning that works better across more genres and poorer recordings. The IE900 made me analyze music while the TZ700 made me dance. Both have impactful bass and are among the most comfortable iems I've worn. I'll take the Isabellae over both for vocal-centric music. I love that the technics can be used around the ear or straight down and have been easier to get a proper seal with all sorts of tips. currently settled on the divinus velvets. Now to fight the urge to buy the much-hyped Singularity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back