Technics Premium Stereo Earphones EAH-TZ700
Mar 30, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #151 of 219
An update regarding my comments about the Penon Obsidian cable... Penon saw my post and PM'd to offer instruction that the upper metal barrel on the cable, at the connector, actually threads back away from the end of the break-away plug to reveal a bulged ring, helping it lock together better. With that tip, the plugs are definitely holding securely! Kudos to Penon for their service as always!

Anyway, back on track w/ the TZ700....

Mar 30, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #152 of 219
I guess it’s the entire package from materials to tuning but it makes you wonder why people don’t put the effort into single DD drivers anymore. Someone would rather throw 12 BAs in a shell than spend the time with the lone DD. Maybe it’s an easier sell?

Mar 30, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #153 of 219
I guess it’s the entire package from materials to tuning but it makes you wonder why people don’t put the effort into single DD drivers anymore. Someone would rather throw 12 BAs in a shell than spend the time with the lone DD. Maybe it’s an easier sell?
Well there are some who make excellent DD as well.
For example the Senheisser IE series!

Apr 7, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #154 of 219
In case anyone has trouble finding tips to keep these in their ears securely, you might give the Sennheiser Pro tips for the IE 40/400/500 a try. I got some to try with my IE600s and liked them so decided to try them on my TZs and they work well. I have been using the Spinfit W1s which I like as well, but the Sennheiser tips seem to fit a bit more securely.

Apr 16, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #155 of 219
I bought from a store called Hifi Team in Austria but it was the last one.
Late to the party, but I really don't recommend dealing with this guy (Hifi Team). Long story short: taking a look at the product page yesterday, displayed as on sale at 827€. Shoot an email to inquire about the availability, answer's positive. Going back to the page, they're now at 989€. "An error". Sure, pal... Next, as is displayed on their site, not being in Germany or Austria, I do ask for a shipping quote to Belgium. After the bloke takes you on a hike for several emails, he finally drops he doesn't ship outside of these two countries. Store's a complete joke with dubious business practice as showed with the overnight price hike, and the guy's just a time waster. AVOID.

Apr 16, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #156 of 219
Late to the party, but I really don't recommend dealing with this guy (Hifi Team). Long story short: taking a look at the product page yesterday, displayed as on sale at 827€. Shoot an email to inquire about the availability, answer's positive. Going back to the page, they're now at 989€. "An error". Sure, pal... Next, as is displayed on their site, not being in Germany or Austria, I do ask for a shipping quote to Belgium. After the bloke takes you on a hike for several emails, he finally drops he doesn't ship outside of these two countries. Store's a complete joke with dubious business practice as showed with the overnight price hike, and the guy's just a time waster. AVOID.

A very different experience to what I had, mine was flawless in terms of communication, friendliness and professionalism - they even held my TZ700 for a couple of weeks as I was on holidays, I asked if they wanted a deposit and they said it was fine.

Out of two different experiences, hard to know if I was just lucky, or you got a not so nice staff member.

Still loving my TZ700 by the way, using Symbio F tips at the moment and LPGT Ti as a source, excellent synergy.

Apr 16, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #157 of 219
Out of two different experiences, hard to know if I was just lucky, or you got a not so nice staff member.
Dunno. My guess is the shop's owner, since he bounces emails back and forth on a weekend. Nevertheless, I found his communication terrible as well, terse two-words sentences don't exactly inspire confidence, on top of everything else... YMMV.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #159 of 219
Couldn’t resist and got these gems back. Up there with the best I’ve ever heard and last piece of my iems collection.

Now burn in begins, what I noticed straight out from the box (new pair) compared with my previous (pre-owned) pair is that the soundstage seems smaller with less separation and less holographic effect and bass is less controlled and warmer so I advise new users to give a proper burn in before judging :)

F67E5E24-0D82-40F6-986A-E73A8D36D225.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #162 of 219
Love mine still, amazing with my newly arrived LPGT Ti - such incredible detail and bass definitely well controlled.

Get the hours on the clock @HarlanDraka :)

They definetely need some hours to open up. I already know what to expect since my previous pair had already quite a bit of hours :)

@BooleanBones that should be ddhifi 2.5 to 4.4 adapter. You can find it on amazon:wink:

Apr 30, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #164 of 219
In case anyone has trouble finding tips to keep these in their ears securely, you might give the Sennheiser Pro tips for the IE 40/400/500 a try. I got some to try with my IE600s and liked them so decided to try them on my TZs and they work well. I have been using the Spinfit W1s which I like as well, but the Sennheiser tips seem to fit a bit more securely.
After A/Bing, the W1s sound much better/fuller than the Senny Pro tips for sure. Back to the spinfits :)

May 10, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #165 of 219
Well I just got in a Cayin N7, and with one brief listen of the TZ700 on that DAP, I went and quickly unlisted my set which was for sale. The bass is so much better controlled, and the scale of sound jumped way up. The full and rich vocals on the N7 do wonders for the slightly recessed presentation on the TZ700. The little gem really scales with better quality sources, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back