[TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available September
Aug 25, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #211 of 677

since there will be a universal version of this ciem, i dun think it totally impossible for a demo unit.

If, and only if this version becomes available to the mainstream market, then yes, I do foresee the local distros carrying the unit.

But, I sincerely doubt that, and do not agree that the local distros should be obliged to deal with you seeking warranty claims should you purchase it through massdrop. Its not as if CA pays their distro for every CIEM sold in their region......

If you want it cheaper off massdrop, deal with the problems, if any, should they appear subsequently, on your own. There is a reason why some folks still prefer dealing with the local distros, simply because of the after sales service a brick and mortar shop provides. 

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #212 of 677
  question : can this model be demo in music-sanctuary in the future and can i send it to them to claim warranty in the future since they are CA distributor ?

will the price of the universal unit and ciem be the same?

I don't think Piotr will offer us a demo unit of the Ei.XX since it is a model that is a tie-up between Massdrop and Custom Art.

However, if in the event that you have problems with in the future like channel imbalance, loss of sound on one side or whatever problem you have with a Custom Art product, please bring it down to us and we will assist you in getting the product serviced, whether you bought it from us, directly from Custom Art or through Massdrop.

Regards,
Calvin

Aug 25, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #213 of 677
  question : can this model be demo in music-sanctuary in the future and can i send it to them to claim warranty in the future since they are CA distributor ?

will the price of the universal unit and ciem be the same?

As I see Music Sanctuary already chimed in. We can probably ship a demo to them once we figure out how to make these in universal shell. But please note you'll be able to purchase Ei.xx only through massdrop. This is just the same as with AKG K7xx

Any recommendations on how do you want us to take the ear impressions?

In short: Full concha, past the second bend, mouth open with bite block silicone material, preferably Dreve Otoform AK (green putty)
  No intend to offense you, I am sorry.

Needing funds to finance growth is perfectly natural to mee. Crowd funding is a good way to achieve that goal (very good since bank don't lend anymore).
Most important, in my mind, it is a good way to bring an idea or a new product to market, too. And from the few elements we had, it clearly looked like a new product. 

I understand that your reputation is legit and I respect it, believe me. I spent a lot of time on your website and facebook page these weeks and CA will probably be my next move (if you still want me as a customer
confused.gif
) when time comes. But keep in mind that we didn't know that CA was the manufacturer.

The review you announced will surely reinsure some potential customers, if needed.

Nice teasing campaign. Congrats.

None taken. Surely you can still be customer :wink: and thanks for interest in our products.

Aug 25, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #215 of 677
  @piotrus-g : since the Ei.XX will only be available in Massdrop, do you have a rough idea of the number of drop that will be available? (Like 2-3 batch per year)

As answered previously, I hope we could run this continuously. Naturally we have limited lab capacity so we don't want to end-up with 500 orders at once, but limited quantity drop each week is totally possible on our side.

Aug 25, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #216 of 677
Really excited for Piotrus-g and Massdrop, good luck guys!
I just ordered a mid-price CIEM from CustomArt (impressions arrived, should be a few more weeks). I might have to make the Six my next CIEM.

QUESTION: If I sent my impressions recently, are they destroyed in the process of making a CIEM? Or could you make a second pair of CIEMs or custom earplugs from the same impressions?

Aug 25, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #217 of 677
Really excited for Piotrus-g and Massdrop, good luck guys!
I just ordered a mid-price CIEM from CustomArt (impressions arrived, should be a few more weeks). I might have to make the Six my next CIEM.

QUESTION: If I sent my impressions recently, are they destroyed in the process of making a CIEM? Or could you make a second pair of CIEMs or custom earplugs from the same impressions?

Well, your IEMs are nearly finished so more like few days rather then weeks :wink:

Onto the question... No! Impressions are not destroyed during the process and we store them for up to two years, unless specifically told to ship them back with order. We make cIEMs, plugs and ear tips from the same set of impressions.

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #218 of 677
Good news on both questions, thanks!!
I didn't remember how far along the 330 v2 would be. Feel free to put photos up on your Facebook if you want!

I'd love it if you could hold onto my impressions for a bit :wink:

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #219 of 677
Question: how does the purchase work? I'm assuming that payment will be through Massdrop, but the impressions? Do I have to ship it over by myself or can I rope in the local distributor to help me ship it over to Poland? If have to do it, is there a recommended way to pack and ship these impressions?

Aug 26, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #220 of 677
Question: how does the purchase work? I'm assuming that payment will be through Massdrop, but the impressions? Do I have to ship it over by myself or can I rope in the local distributor to help me ship it over to Poland? If have to do it, is there a recommended way to pack and ship these impressions?

Deal appears on Massdrop - you join the drop fill in design form and payment and shipping infos. Then you wait for the drop ends, in the meantime you can arrange impressions with your audiologist, or ship them to our lab in Poland if you already have them (please note we always advise to send pictures of impressions for first evaluation). When the drop ends your credit card or paypal account will be charged with amount equal to your IEM+options+shipping.

If you are in US, we recommend bubble envelope or small box and First Class (10-14business days) which should be around 10-15usd or Priority International (5-7days) which is more like 20usd. We also ask you to declare value of the impressions at $10 as technically we are not purchasing them and getting them out from customs is troublesome (it takes 1.5h drive across the city to fill all documents and then few days for package to be released).

After receiving your impressions we need around 4 weeks to complete your order.

[Edit]: I'm not sure if your local distributor will be willing to ship your impressions to us, because you are not purchasing from them. I'd say it's up to distributor and I would personally understand if they refused to do it.

Aug 26, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #222 of 677
How different is the sound signature of the Ei.XX versus the Ei.3?

Ei.xx is more of a continuation of Ei.3 signature. So the difference in signature is not huge. Ei.xx is more bass heavy with more stress on sub-bass. mids are more dense but vocals are more upfront and forward. Highs are greatly improved, there's more presence and more resolution. Highs texture is also in higher tier.
Ei.3 sounds more flat in comparison.

There will be reviews by those who have Ei.3 and they will be able to post more direct comparisons i think

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #223 of 677
Where can I go to figure out customization and how much it will cost? Thanks

Aug 26, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #224 of 677

Here. But you have to choose different model and start from there. Propalby Ei.3 as it is also acrylic. But cable options are not there (the linum ones).

Aug 26, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #225 of 677

Here. But you have to choose different model and start from there. Propalby Ei.3 as it is also acrylic. But cable options are not there (the linum ones).

Pretty much this ^
Customization options are going to be cheaper then normally and there will be a new color introduced - white transparent (as in promo pictures) as Massdrop standard color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back