[TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available September
Aug 24, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #196 of 677
  @piotrus-g I have been looking to buy a Custom Art for quite a while. You create some very impressive monitors. Is there a specific reason that you didn't use silicone this time around?

Thanks! Price, manufacturing time, were key factors, However I really wanted to use big woofers with tuned vents and this wouldn't be possible with silicone.

[Edit]: Someone asked about numbers of sound bores - 2 bores.

Aug 24, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #198 of 677
Of course with our telepathic powers, we both prepared answers at the same time. Hooray! I'll condense into one later this afternoon and update the first post.

Aug 24, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #199 of 677
we gonna wait for September till the Massdrop drop the deal D:

dang can't wait!!! 

i hope i will be able to get one, i am afraid i will go sleep and wake up fining that all the units been reserved T_T 

got to check massdrop for it everyday twice once September starts :p 

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #200 of 677
  we gonna wait for September till the Massdrop drop the deal D:

dang can't wait!!! 

i hope i will be able to get one, i am afraid i will go sleep and wake up fining that all the units been reserved T_T 

got to check massdrop for it everyday twice once September starts :p 

Now that's dedication!!!

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #202 of 677
  @Shini44 if I'm not mistaken, this is a one week drop without a maximum order limit.

thanks for the info ^^

usually some other units have like 25 max, so got me scared :p

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #203 of 677
This sounds really exciting! Any ETA on when the previews might be available?

I hope by mid September Singapore $ regains some strength compared to US $. Current conversion rates are pretty bad. :-/ 

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #204 of 677
question : can this model be demo in music-sanctuary in the future and can i send it to them to claim warranty in the future since they are CA distributor ?

will the price of the universal unit and ciem be the same?

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #205 of 677
  question : can this model be demo in music-sanctuary in the future and can i send it to them to claim warranty in the future since they are CA distributor ?

Doubt it. Usually when you buy something from overseas, the warranty that you claim is from the original seller, not the local distributor. I thought of asking this question before but it doesn't make sense for music sanctuary to carry a demo of a competing unit that they are not selling and is only available exclusively from Massdrop.

But of course, if there are any local shop that are willing to offer to carry the demo, that will be very much appreciated.

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #206 of 677

Doubt it. Usually when you buy something from overseas, the warranty that you claim is from the original seller, not the local distributor. I thought of asking this question before but it doesn't make sense for music sanctuary to carry a demo of a competing unit that they are not selling and is only available exclusively from Massdrop.

But of course, if there are any local shop that are willing to offer to carry the demo, that will be very much appreciated.

since there will be a universal version of this ciem, i dun think it totally impossible for a demo unit.

Aug 24, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #209 of 677

since there will be a universal version of this ciem, i dun think it totally impossible for a demo unit.

Yeah, though that will depend on whether other retailers besides Massdrop will carry the universal model. From what is stated now, the custom version is definitely exclusive to Massdrop.

If the universal model is still only exclusive to Massdrop, then it won't make sense for other distributors to carry a demo unit of what they can't sell unless it's out of the goodness of their hearts. 

I'm definitely interested in trying out this CIEM since it appears to be a departure of what Custom Art usually tunes their CIEMs to. So don't get me wrong, I'll vote for a local distributor carrying the demo unit too, just that I see it as very unlikely for it to be the case.

Aug 25, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #210 of 677

I'm not sure why there are popping comparisons to Kickstarter. This is legit product that you are buying, we are not really hedge funding here.

No intend to offense you, I am sorry.

Needing funds to finance growth is perfectly natural to mee. Crowd funding is a good way to achieve that goal (very good since bank don't lend anymore).
Most important, in my mind, it is a good way to bring an idea or a new product to market, too. And from the few elements we had, it clearly looked like a new product. 

I understand that your reputation is legit and I respect it, believe me. I spent a lot of time on your website and facebook page these weeks and CA will probably be my next move (if you still want me as a customer
confused.gif
) when time comes. But keep in mind that we didn't know that CA was the manufacturer.

The review you announced will surely reinsure some potential customers, if needed.

Nice teasing campaign. Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back