[TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available September
Sep 28, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #391 of 677
It sounds like its going to be a fun CIEM to have around...    thanks for the help here...

I was fairly surprised to see that the four previews actually went in the same direction, being in fact very close to one another.
If you take into account the differences in sources and music listened to, that should give you a pretty solid base of opinion to start with.

Please also understand that I personally usually dont go all 'Oooooohhh and Aaahhhh' when I buy a new item because I don't like to hype people. In this case, being a reviewer reinforces that even more : I really tried to be a cold fish when taking my notes, in order to provide the future buyers with information as opposed to drool.

Anyway, if there is anything more you want to ask don't hesitate to ask it in the main thread or pm me (a couple guys have already done it).
Feel free to ask any question re specific tunes / genres / reproduction characteristics.

Sep 28, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #392 of 677
  Its a shame that there are units sent out for review before the drop to share with folks all the info on this new CIEM and not a whole lot came out from it..  the drop is tomorrow.... not next week

as @twister6 said. No one is pushing anyone for purchase. If you are not convinced or want to see other folks' opinions, just wait a month or two. This drop will hopefully be rerun every now and then, so there will be plenty time to get it in upcoming months. This is not a one time thing so you don't have to impulse-buy it.
We actually delayed the kick off by a week to make sure we have enough early impressions.

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #393 of 677
Just ordered, and for the custom art i contacted Frank about it, some people are confused with it since there is no upload custom art for face plate option

for me i sent mine to frank directly.

Sep 28, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #394 of 677
  as @twister6 said. No one is pushing anyone for purchase. If you are not convinced or want to see other folks' opinions, just wait a month or two. This drop will hopefully be rerun every now and then, so there will be plenty time to get it in upcoming months. This is not a one time thing so you don't have to impulse-buy it.
We actually delayed the kick off by a week to make sure we have enough early impressions.

I hope that you will give us (me particualary) the opportunity to apply for Ei.XX by Chrismas.
This drop is too early for me but I am pretty sure it will reach its target based on CA reputation, the good feedbacks we received from preview samples and this well managed teasing campain :wink:

Sep 28, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #395 of 677
BTW. There is a mistake in the check out form.
Effect Audio Thor cable is not free of charge - it costs $129. We will contact you at the end of the drop to either remove it or charge you additionally.
Basically we will contact everyone upon receiving ear impressions and we will be confirming your orders, add changes or remove them and stuff so don't stress too much :wink:

Sep 28, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #396 of 677
  BTW. There is a mistake in the check out form.
Effect Audio Thor cable is not free of charge - it costs $129. We will contact you at the end of the drop to either remove it or charge you additionally.
Basically we will contact everyone upon receiving ear impressions and we will be confirming your orders, add changes and stuff so don't stress too much :wink:

I also would like to add that Piotr made a good suggestion in one of his replies on MassDrop (under Ei.xx Drop): if you are not sure about the cable, get the default one. 

You can always upgrade later, and it really makes sense to get adjusted to CIEM sound sig with a default cable so you can appreciate the upgrade later.  Ei.xx uses 2-pin universal connector, so there are plenty of options, and between different wire material (pure copper, pure silver, gold-plated silver, silver plated litz, etc) you can fine tune the sound to add more revealing details or bass enhancement or more warmth, and so on.

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #401 of 677
Will wait for the second or maybe third drop. I need more review on the mids.

Anyway, 40 spots left. My gut tells me this is going to be a successful one!

i bought over 7 CIEMs, trust me Peter's tuning and even the fit of his CIEMs, are second to none, its simply epic, and Peter knows what he is doing, i was about to buy an SE846 but i skipped it for this CIEM. 

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #402 of 677
I have got Linum cables before, however I see that there are options for Linum BAX, Music, etc. as connector options. What are the difference of these as connector options? They are not different like 2-pin vs MMCX right? 

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #403 of 677
Quick-exhaustive connector/cable combination list

2-pin cable stock
2-pin Linum Music
2-pin Linum BaX 
2-pin Thor Effect Audio
T2 Linum Music
T2 Linum BaX
MMCX Linum Music
MMCX Linum BaX
MMCX Thor Effect Audio
T2 Balanced 2.5 Linum BaX
2-pin Balanced 2.5 cable stock.

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #404 of 677
  I have got Linum cables before, however I see that there are options for Linum BAX, Music, etc. as connector options. What are the difference of these as connector options? They are not different like 2-pin vs MMCX right? 

Please visit www.linum.dk for differences in connectors and versions.

T2 is small coax (Cosmic Ears, ACS) it's only available through Linum (no, after market cable)
MMCX is bigger coax standard (Westone, Shure)
2-pin is regular IEM standard (JH, 1964)

Music - standard higher impedance cable single wired.
BAX - dual twisted, lower impedance
Balanced - cable with 2.5mm plug and two independent ground pins for Astell balanced output.

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #405 of 677

that was the deal with Harmony 8 drop but not any more.
After getting hit with custom taxes on import we actually ended up loosing money on it lol

Sorry up front if I'm asking dumb questions... because I'm a bit confused ...

One of the drop options is for the Effect Audio Thor SPC cable....  this is not a Linum cable ? 

nor do I see a Linum cable as an option... this would exclude the Linum capabilities to enhance the CIEM ?

The test units that were sent out for review...  what cable is on them ?

I only ask because the connector choices are options for a Linum cable... and a link to the Linum website was supplied on the Drop Comments page to show the different connector types....  

a few considerations exist there...  

do I want a Effect Audio Thor SPC cable or a Linum cable?  I'm thinking they will sound different with these CIEM
do I want a cable connection that matches my other CIEM so I can swap cables

Users who are viewing this thread

Back