[TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available September
Sep 24, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #361 of 677
Alex are you using the stock cable or then Linum Bax with them? I havent tried them with the Bax yet.

BaX only!!!  Once you switch to it, you will not go back :wink:  Btw, from what I understand, Ei.xx Drop will offer an option to buy Linum Music and BaX at a special price.  I would HIGHLY recommend BaX, it has a great synergy with Ei.xx to refine the sound.  The only drawback, with stock or any other cable that has memory wire it makes it easier to remove CIEMs when holding on to memory wire portion.  BaX is super thin without a need for memory wire, so I'm trying to grab a connector when I remove Ei.xx.

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #362 of 677

BaX only!!!  Once you switch to it, you will not go back :wink:  Btw, from what I understand, Ei.xx Drop will offer an option to buy Linum Music and BaX at a special price.  I would HIGHLY recommend BaX, it has a great synergy with Ei.xx to refine the sound.  The only drawback, with stock or any other cable that has memory wire it makes it easier to remove CIEMs when holding on to memory wire portion.  BaX is super thin without a need for memory wire, so I'm trying to grab a connector when I remove Ei.xx.

Witch way do you have the dots facing on the bax up or down? I always take mine out of my ear from grabbing the bottom of the shell and twist them out. I have small fingers and can grab them easily.

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #363 of 677

Witch way do you have the dots facing on the bax up or down? I always take mine out of my ear from grabbing the bottom of the shell and twist them out. I have small fingers and can grab them easily.

I got dots facing up, this way they are facing toward me before I insert shells into my ears.  Yeah, I'm a bit noob to CIEMs, still learning the techniques of removal
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #366 of 677
Compared to the Ei.3, how does the bass sound? Do you really feel it when the bass drops in black widow, because I Hear the bass in The Ei.3 rather than feel it which kind of leaves me wanting something that bangs harder. Thou the ei.3 bass is perfect for tracks like body and the sun by inna

Sep 25, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #367 of 677
Compared to the Ei.3, how does the bass sound? Do you really feel it when the bass drops in black widow, because I Hear the bass in The Ei.3 rather than feel it which kind of leaves me wanting something that bangs harder. Thou the ei.3 bass is perfect for tracks like body and the sun by inna

the aim with Black Widow was to fully recreate vibrations which start at 0:37
For comparisons you have to ask @acain or @MrButchi

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #368 of 677
The bass with the Ei.xx is more wel rounded and goes alot deeper with great detail. You really get a sense of air moving. With Black Widow every time the bass thumps or rumbles I get an instant picture in my head of a speaker moving back and forth. The Ei.3 bass is very good but the Ei.xx bass is definitely more impactful and on another level that none of my other balanced armature iems cant reproduce.

Sep 25, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #370 of 677
The bass with the Ei.xx is more wel rounded and goes alot deeper with great detail. You really get a sense of air moving. With Black Widow every time the bass thumps or rumbles I get an instant picture in my head of a speaker moving back and forth. The Ei.3 bass is very good but the Ei.xx bass is definitely more impactful and on another level that none of my other balanced armature iems cant reproduce.

Need to add Black Widow to my DAP playlist.  After hearing it 10,000 times in the car by my kids request, I got really sick'n'tired of it and deleted it from all of my DAPs
biggrin.gif

Regarding Ei.xx bass, it's quite amazing how it has characteristics of both, BA driver fast attack, punch, impact, and Dynamic driver deeper, more textured, with longer decay sub-bass rumble. 

Sep 25, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #371 of 677

the aim with Black Widow was to fully recreate vibrations which start at 0:37
For comparisons you have to ask @acain or @MrButchi

Ok. I did a quick comparison on Black Widow. Only problem is I don't have equipment to precisely volume match, and at the levels I listen to, it yields significant differences. Bottom line is, since Ei.XX is more sensitive, I used one volume dash less with Ei.XX (4 dashes) than with Ei.3 (5 dashes) on my iPhone + Napster (320). Sorry for the long explanation but I try to give you enough contextual info so that you can make actual sense out of what I'm saying.

In those conditions, I have to confirm acain's comment : the Ei.XX is much more present and impacting than Ei.3. On Black Widow, at 0:37, I have to pay attention on Ei.3 to perceive the rumble (it's there but I have to look for it). On Ei.XX, it is here I feel it directly, no attention needed. On SE5 it is hard, even when looking for it, on H8P, it is absent unless I'm on the Lyr2 (and then it is a little less perceivable than with SE5).

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #373 of 677
  Thank you very much for the replies guys. I am current deciding between getting the Ei.XX or saving up for a few more months to get my end game IEMS-the Fitear MH335DW. Choices choices haha

You do realize that they are very different right ? Fitear MH335DW will be much hotter/darker, with quite a bit less detail, and less colored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back