TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM
Jan 24, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #317 of 386
  Are there any fake TDK IE800? whats the least price for them ?

I'm not aware of any fake IE800. It's a really good IEM though, but the fit is a bit negligible.

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #318 of 386
I actually reacquired the IE800 after selling it to IEMagnet a while back and have to say I'm glad I did.  I actually think I may like it more than the BA200, it just has great midrange and clarity and with a little bass boost through my Fiio E12 is exceptional...!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jan 24, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #319 of 386
  I actually reacquired the IE800 after selling it to IEMagnet a while back and have to say I'm glad I did.  I actually think I may like it more than the BA200, it just has great midrange and clarity and with a little bass boost through my Fiio E12 is exceptional...!

Sweet to hear. You know, i sold the IE800 to fellow headfi'er roy_jones, and he loved it. I ended up selling him the BA-200 as well, and he loves that one too, so it's been a journey for that IEM, but it found a home where it's been appreciated. I loved the BA-200 myself, but with the DUNU, Piston, UE 700, OM Audio IEP, and the B3 coming, there was just no place for it. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #320 of 386
Wow!  First listening session with these iems today and I'm impressed!  I got them for a present a couple of months ago, but just haven't had to time to try them out.  My only experience with a dual dynamic is the M-duos that I've had for almost a year.  Out of the box I can say the TDK's sound stage and imagining jump out at me in comparison.  I think the M-duo's win for sheer quantity of bass, but the lows are definitely very satisfying with the TDK's.  Great clairity and lots of detail.  Anyway, I'm a happy camper.  Lots of great info and impressions in this tread as I listen.

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #321 of 386

I have your original IE800s!  We always talk on this forum about bang-for-buck, but I challenge anyone to come up with an IEM that beats the IE800 for the $60 it seems to go for nowadays. 

I got the BA200 a couple of weeks back, but haven't given them as much time as I'd like because I'm really hooked on the IE800.  I describe them as a pair of Grado RS-1s shrunk down to IEMs. 

The IE800 made me an instant convert to dynamic IEMs.  I'm curious to try a hybrid, but I suspect my preference will continue to be for dynamics going forward. 

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #322 of 386
Anybody checked back at Ross or TJMaxx for some of the crazy deals people were getting on these right before the holidays? Got mine for 30 bucks (plus shipping) thanks to a generous HeadFier who bought them but  preferred the sound of his BA200's.

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #325 of 386

I have your original IE800s!  We always talk on this forum about bang-for-buck, but I challenge anyone to come up with an IEM that beats the IE800 for the $60 it seems to go for nowadays. 

I got the BA200 a couple of weeks back, but haven't given them as much time as I'd like because I'm really hooked on the IE800.  I describe them as a pair of Grado RS-1s shrunk down to IEMs. 

The IE800 made me an instant convert to dynamic IEMs.  I'm curious to try a hybrid, but I suspect my preference will continue to be for dynamics going forward. 

Yeah I actually paid $150 for those back when they came out and thought they were still a great value at that price!  The BA200 is great but the IE800 sound sig suits me more I believe.  Just a little different than the BA200 with a similar FR. 

My ASG-2's are still my best IEM's but I do get a lot of pleasure from throwing the IE800's on.  Glad someone is enjoying my old TDK's!

PS - I stopped at a Ross and TJ Maxx in Florida on my trip last weekend and as stated above, they didn't really have anything in stock headphone wise.  Must have been a holiday thing...=(

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Feb 13, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #326 of 386
Hi guys, I'd be really interested in buying these iems, but there are some questions I'd like to get an answer to.
- I'm actually using a Sansa ClipZip, playing mp3 files at 320Kbps. I've read that the IE800 need much power to be driven, so would my ClipZip be able to drive them, possibly without pushing volume too high?
- Also, most of the time I listen to metal music: from what I read in this thread, it sound like they could be fine for this kind of music. Could someone confirm me?
- I could buy them from Amazon.de for 65 euros (I'm from Italy, if you know any trusted online shop in Europe selling them for less, I'd be glad to take a look), how do they perform when compared to Hifiman RE 400 and Fischer Audio Silver Bullet (considering audio quality and price, 100 euros for RE 400 and 90 euros for Silver Bullet)?
- Last question, I promise: I read that they don't always fit well for everyone...At the moment, the only tips I have at home are the ones from my dead Klipsch S4. If, once bought, I'd discover that the TDK provided tips don't fit well for me, what would you suggest? Comply foam tips? Specific tips I should buy?
Thank you very much in advance! :wink:

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #327 of 386
1. I have a Sansa Zip Clip + that works fine but you do have to turn it up a bit. (It's about 3 notches difference but you can still get them loud enough to hurt your hearing.)

2. I think the TDK IE800's sound great with metal. I don't listen to a lot of metal, but when I have, they've been great. I listen more to blues/classic rock. Really good mids and guitars and vocals sound great.

3. I don't have or have listened to the iem's you listened to, but I considered the RE-400 but bought the TDK's due to price/performance ($55 on Head-fi). I think it's the best $55 I've spent, almost as good as the $25 I spent on SR-60's.

4. No fit issues for me, but I don't usually have issues. Hybrid tips work fine.

I hope this helps.

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #328 of 386
Thank you very much for your reply, it definitely confirmed me these are going to be 99% my new iems! I'd just like to hear if anyone can answer to the question about the comparison with Hifiman and Fischer Audio, but I'm already pretty much sure about TDK! :wink:

Feb 14, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #329 of 386
It's punchier than the RE400 and Silver Bullet. Maybe a bit less bass than the SB, and more treble sparkle than the RE. Pretty big soundstage. Quite bulky, but light (unlike the SB). By the way, €90 is far too much for the SB. I've been trying for ages to sell mine here for €35, and no one has shown any interest.

Feb 14, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #330 of 386
It's punchier than the RE400 and Silver Bullet. Maybe a bit less bass than the SB, and more treble sparkle than the RE. Pretty big soundstage. Quite bulky, but light (unlike the SB). By the way, €90 is far too much for the SB. I've been trying for ages to sell mine here for €35, and no one has shown any interest.

Interesting...So I should let down the Silver Bullet. This gets me to the final fight: would you reccomend IE800 over RE 400 (also considering the music genre I'm going to use my iems with and the different pricing)?
Thank you very much for your reply btw! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back