TDK BA200 Thread
Jun 26, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #1,036 of 1,509
Quote:
Oh dear, I'm so delightful that I picked up TDK BA200 instead of Xba-3/30! The harsh and metallic treble from my previous Xba-1 is gone and I gotta say that TDK BA200 produce a signature which I prefer much more than Xba! The instrument separation is right there and none of them are dominating as opposed to the Xba-1, which gradually just hassle you by that treble. Soundstage is wider, but honestly not as large as I excepting. However, the imagining is just about there, I could at least get a grasp of where are the performers and which direction are the sounds come from. The details are much better too, a lot of instrument I didn't get to hear are now presented within my field of recognization. I was quite worried about the buds since it doesn't look that comfortable (how is it called? Bi-flange or double flange?) but man, I was wrong! Then I tested the comply, and wow, it totally give me a better presentation overally! Not to mention that isolation! I think I won't need another pairs now until it is broken!

I agree but the comply make the sound darker. treble is even less than with the silicone tips.

isolation and comfort goes to comply goes without saying.

Quote:
actually biflanges are only uncomfy at first, after about a couple of weeks, it's either your years get used to it or it softens up.

I agree. (fortnately). i'd say that you have to find the right spot for your ears. to me I was shifting the silicone tips to all directions until I found the right spot to have isolation and to stop making my ears itch!.

its a trial and error thing. but I also think that silicone tips will start loosening up with frequent use

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #1,038 of 1,509
Hey guys/girls, I just bought the TDK BA200 a couple days ago. Do I need to worry about burn-in with these or are BA drivers immune to burn-in.

You should never "worry" about burn in. It'll never make or break anything. But to answer your question, the general consensus you'll find around here is that BA drivers don't change with burn-in.

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #1,041 of 1,509
Originally Posted by jarrett /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I ordered a TDK BA200. Amazon had them back on sale for $120 when I checked tonight. See my profile for my IEM inventory to see what I'm coming from. What I've wanted for a long time is a dual BA.

Nice choice.  I've owned a lot of the phones you have (GR07/MKII, RE0, MH1C, Silver Bullet, etc), so if your taste is anything like mine, the BA200 will be among the top of that heap.  Make sure you get a deep insertion/seal, too.. that's pretty important to hearing the BA200 in all its glory.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #1,043 of 1,509
Quote:

Nice choice.  I've owned a lot of the phones you have (GR07/MKII, RE0, MH1C, Silver Bullet, etc), so if your taste is anything like mine, the BA200 will be among the top of that heap.  Make sure you get a deep insertion/seal, too.. that's pretty important to hearing the BA200 in all its glory.

I'm expecting these to make a great complement to the rest. What I've noticed is my collection leans toward treble presentation and detail, with none in particular being wildly coloured or v-shaped (the PR401 needs a one notch EQ fix, but it is such a nice sounding headphone). Many are good all-rounders. I haven't spent this much on an IEM since the GR07 of two years ago! To me the GR07 is flawless, but as I said I wanted a high-end BA too. Hope we can keep up the BA200 discussion
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #1,046 of 1,509
My BA200 arrived today, and I was pleasantly surprised that it came with a 4' cord instead of an extension
etysmile.gif

One quick thing to clear up - GR07 lovers will like these and treble extension is just fine. You get bags more detail, rich tonality, and great soundstage depth.

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #1,047 of 1,509
So I just got my pair last Friday and I have to say that I am quite impressed. It's been a couple years since I had a pair of Shure SE420s but from my memory these are at least on par and at the current Amazon price far cheaper. Even though I have always enjoyed high quality audio gear I don't have the eperience to accurately articulate the shortcomings/ outstanding details of anything so I will refrain from a full on review but here are my impressions:

The detail on these is amazing, maybe not perfect but I can easily identify elements intracks that I was unable to hear with my recent pair of headphones.

The instrument seperation is also very good, with it being easy to discern all the different instruments and being able to pick out indvidual notes instead of it becoming mudled together.

The bass to me isn't lacking and in fact for everything but dubstep I think it's pretty much perfect. It produces the right feeling but lacks the umph, if that makes sense, although I'm not sure any headphone can really produce dubstep how it's meant to be heard as so much of it is that feeling you get in your chest from the bass but I digress.

Now for the part I think might be more usefull coming from me. I volunteer at an animal shelter and as I'm sure you can imagine a concrete building full of barking dogs is quite loud. I have started wearing these instead of earplugs. I am quite impressed with the noise isolation, they don't entirely block out the dogs but I'm not sure there is anything that could. They reduce the dogs to a tolerable level and I can still clearly here the music with out turning it up beyond my normal listening levels.

While handling the dogs I have had zero problems with microphonics and no problems with the earphones themselves staying in, although I did have a little bit of a problem intially with one of the wires staying looped over my ears. It has since not become an issue and may have originally been caused because of my glasses.

Overall I am extremly happy and impressed with with these. On a side note a few people have said they recieved a set with a 4' cable instead of the extension but mine still came with an extension which doesn't really bother me as it just makes the cable easier to replaceshould it become worn out.

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #1,048 of 1,509
Sold my BA200 (V1 with extension cable) and was planning on getting the W4's. After listening, I couldn't justify the price over the Ba200. So I left the store and just bought a Fiio E12. With money left, I can still get the new BA200 V2 and a few new CDs maybe next week.

By the way, this girl from XFactor 2012, Carly Rose Sonenclar, sounds amazing through the BA200. Search YouTube and play the HD versions. I especially like this one:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=mPAUGh9GHn8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmPAUGh9GHn8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back