TDK BA200 Thread
May 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #991 of 1,509
Nice about the analysis. None of my spare silicone tips sound nearly as good as the included dual flanges.

May 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #996 of 1,509
Quote:
ok the golden ring in one of the drivers got loose !!!!

What???   what can i do to stick it in place? Do i need to use an adhesive tape, glue or something else? Do i actually need it? Should i contact imation? Is this covered by the warranty? The last thing i want is for the IEMs to start falling apart! Its not even a month of use!

ok durability maybe an issue here while definitely doesnt seem to be in the first place
tongue.gif

on the other hand i am getting better and better everyday with the silicone tips. now i found a better way to fit them in order to reduce itching.

i really like the bass decay. it may not rumble but its soooo smooth. CSD definitely shows the right picture in the decay process!

It happened to me too. I just used two components glue. I think it will happen to pretty much every pair eventually so.

May 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #998 of 1,509
I have try both iem , vote go to BA200, so I brought BA200. BA200 far smooth in sound signature then xba4, the upgrade version xba40 haven't try before.
Anyone try xba40 before? 
Westone 4R VS Ba 200 i own both ba200 sound signature is 80% like W4 only a bit losing up for the Highs and Music Instruments that all both lovely

May 25, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #1,001 of 1,509
Holy balls.

So I've been on a bit of a request to find something to complement my typically analytical IEMs - ended up getting the HE-400, GR07 mk2 and the XBA-30's.

They were all quite great in their own right and was happy with my choices - the HE-400 in particular standing out - but nothing really blew my ass out of the water. Well, the only IEM i did not buy was the BA200 and I eventually caved in to my temptation and ordered it online - a decision i was regretting.

Well I received them around an hour ago - no burn in - straight from my iPhone 5 out and well - wow. Mind absolutely blown. It actually sounds like music - like crisp, organic, pristine music. So smooth, yet so crisp and detailed. I can feel the instruments play around me and the vocalist crooning in my ears. So delicate, so classy.

Really, haven't been wow'd like this since i first heard the hifiman RE0 coming from JVC Marshmallows.

A big thank you to Flysweep, Inks, Tomscy and ClieOS for pointing me towards it, and lachlan, swimsony and eke for their help!

May 26, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #1,002 of 1,509
I wondered if anyone has experience of using the BA200 with an unamped Samsung Galaxy S2? I have a £150 Amazon gift card to use and am contemplating the BA200 (£140) and the Shure SE425 (£168).

I wonder if the BA200's impedance stabiliser circuit might help cope with the Galaxy S2's slightly higher output impedance (49Ω) without the use of an external amp, as I want to use these portably? Otherwise, I'm a bit torn between these two models.

Any thoughts or opinions would be gratefully received! Cheers!

May 26, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #1,003 of 1,509
Quote:
I wondered if anyone has experience of using the BA200 with an unamped Samsung Galaxy S2? I have a £150 Amazon gift card to use and am contemplating the BA200 (£140) and the Shure SE425 (£168).

I wonder if the BA200's impedance stabiliser circuit might help cope with the Galaxy S2's slightly higher output impedance (49Ω) without the use of an external amp, as I want to use these portably? Otherwise, I'm a bit torn between these two models.

Any thoughts or opinions would be gratefully received! Cheers!

I know this is the BA200 thread, but I feel like saying get the BA200 on the impedance issue alone. I just tried mine out on low and high impedance outputs and the difference isn't anything crazy after volume matching. without any in depth analysis or critical listening, there maybe a slightly more forward midrange and peakier treble and an ever so slightly more hollow sound, but I wouldn't even hold myself to those observations knowing there might be expectation bias. But that's probably a ton less damage than that huge output impedance would do to the SE425.

Then again, did you read about the BA200 sound signature and like what you hear? Have you taken a look at any dynamic driver based IEMs?

May 26, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #1,005 of 1,509
Quote:
I have the SGS2 and the BA200, and via PowerAmp app, it sounds great. there is a lot of clarity and details, even knowing that the SGS2 is not the best sounding phone. 

Have you tried noozxoide? I have a SGS2, and noozxoide's "line out monitor" works pretty darned well on it (via either poweramp or neutron player). One setting is "enable virtual surround" and if you select the "live II" option, it really increases the soundstage. It's a free app, and well worth seeing how your BA200's sound through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back