TDK BA200 Thread
Mar 17, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #751 of 1,509
Quote:
These are the best tips I have come across. They even cleared the sm3 up a little. They were recommended by Dfkt of anythingbutipod. They are a little expensive but well worth it.
http://www.sensorcom.com/product.asp?P_ID=1142&PT_ID=348

I'm really interested in getting these. Are there any U.S. sellers that have these so I can get them faster?

If I really needed them right away, this is one option I see in the U.S.
http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-Hearing-Protection-MusicSafe-Classic/dp/B0032BYCWG

The description at sensorcom mentioned Alpine earplugs, and the ones on Amazon look similar. It's sold as one pair of ear plugs, and way expensive for my needs since I'll probably toss the filters aside. Looks like I'll go the UK route if that's my only choice.

Mar 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #752 of 1,509
Quote:
LOL

Damn, I guess it's the HA-FXT90 for me

I think you can look at the TDK IE800

similar price, same technical level and can wear straight down

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #753 of 1,509
The comply tips aren't uncomfortable anymore, I think my ears adjusted a bit to the hard plastic, or I just insert the tips in deeper.

I did notice a bit of excess silicone in the inner cylinder of the comply tips, the tube that goes arount the tube attached to the IEMs, and that holds the foam of the tips. The end of that tube is a bit edgy, and scratched the inside of my ear canal a bit. So I just took a sharp scissor and cut of that excess silicone. It's less scratchy and I can insert them a bit deeper too.

Those alpine silicone double flangers, they should increase treble. Does anybody here have any experience with them?

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #755 of 1,509
So what's the difference between the 200 and ie800? Aside from looks.

Although i havent tried it, people in other forums say that they pretty much have the same sound signature with a slightly boosted treble.

I would expect probably more/better bass due to the dual dynamic drivers instead of ba

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #757 of 1,509
Quote:
So the IE800 have better bass is what you're saying? That works :)

I just have some concern about the build quality. A lot of people are saying it's pretty bad.

yeah the ba200 doesnt seem too promising either,  i feel like the shell is going to split right in the middle any day now, lmao always have a bottle of super glue :wink:

however the sound you get with these 150 iems are phenomenal, i actually perfer the ba200 over the 535s

unless youre not playing tug of war and actually take care of them, it probably wont be a problem.

and may i know why you not perfer over the ear style?

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #758 of 1,509
Quote:
yeah the ba200 doesnt seem too promising either,  i feel like the shell is going to split right in the middle any day now, lmao always have a bottle of super glue :wink:

however the sound you get with these 150 iems are phenomenal, i actually perfer the ba200 over the 535s

unless youre not playing tug of war and actually take care of them, it probably wont be a problem.

and may i know why you not perfer over the ear style?

I just don't find it comfortable. I hate the feeling of the wire over my ear. And then if I want to wear glasses, that can be annoying as well...

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #759 of 1,509
They have about the same amount of bass. If one is more then it isn't very noticeable. The ie800 has a little more treble and it's mids are slightly back in comparison to the ba200. Both have forward mids (ie800 just slightly forward). But sound about 93% the same tbh. They both respond well to bass eq.

The fit is different with both though. ba200 fits me more comfortable with comply.
IMO, they are equals. ie800 gives a little more bite (treble) on some songs and ba200 seems a little smoother and more rounded off (more relaxing sound). Both have incredible mids and good bass. The ie800 is harder to drive and thus an amp is very helpful but not quite needed. But Eqing the ba200 bass up 2-3db and it's treble about 3-4hHz then it's perfect. I use rockbox for this.

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #760 of 1,509
Quote:
They have about the same amount of bass. If one is more then it isn't very noticeable. The ie800 has a little more treble and it's mids are slightly back in comparison to the ba200. Both have forward mids (ie800 just slightly forward). But sound about 93% the same tbh. They both respond well to bass eq.

The fit is different with both though. ba200 fits me more comfortable with comply.
IMO, they are equals. ie800 gives a little more bite (treble) on some songs and ba200 seems a little smoother and more rounded off (more relaxing sound). Both have incredible mids and good bass. The ie800 is harder to drive and thus an amp is very helpful but not quite needed. But Eqing the ba200 bass up 2-3db and it's treble about 3-4hHz then it's perfect. I use rockbox for this.

Thanks, that really helps. 

Considering I workout with these headphones, I won't be able to use an amp..I'm using an ipod nano to listen. Hopefully it'll be ok.

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #762 of 1,509
That's true. Should be fine. I don't need to shake my insides :)

I think there is a place in NYC that has these...maybe I can try them out...

Adorama which sells them on amazon is located near me in the city, going to stop by there tomorrow.

Mar 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #763 of 1,509
Quote:
They are loud enough for most songs. You know some older songs were recorded with less volume.

or more accurately, have less dynamic compression

Mar 18, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #764 of 1,509
I'm a couple of questions away of buying these..

Is the soundstage closed in ala UM3x?
How is the volume off an iPod Classic?

Thanks in advance

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #765 of 1,509
Quote:
I'm a couple of questions away of buying these..

Is the soundstage closed in ala UM3x?
How is the volume off an iPod Classic?

Thanks in advance

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

I haven't heard the UM3x but the BA200 sounds remarkably open, the soundstage is very impressive. The volume from the sansa clip zip player is more than enough, so the ipod classic should work fine.

I also don't feel the need for boosting the bass, I actually decrease the midbass, gives it a slightly clearer sound. The bass is great on these, punchy, extends very well but never bleeds in the mids. I do like to give them a slight boost in treble though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back