TDK BA200 Thread
Mar 11, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #737 of 1,509
If you haven't amped it.  Try that it will do what you are describing above and beyond, plus add a sweet liquidity to the whole frequency range, and improves the dynamics.
 It sounds quite a bit better with my Neco V3.  The linearazation stuff may or may not be true, but I like it much better with an amp in front of it. If I want a bit more linear bass punch the Neco has a nice linear eq built in that you can switch on or off. Use that with my QLS QA 350 which is just a bit bass light.  Punches it up nicely.  On my computer I don't use the EQ.

I agree the rolloff is very musical and preferable to the mostly over bright sibilance I hear in other IEM's.

Happy Listening,

jgwtriode

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #738 of 1,509
Quote:
BA200 + Bass Impact = SM3
BA200 + Bass Impact + Durable Design = Anything BUT the SM3
smily_headphones1.gif

Hilarious!  Would be nice if there was a DD based IEM that had sound similar to the BA200.

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #740 of 1,509
Quote:
^actually TDK DOES have a dual dynamic, the IE800 (not to be confused with sennheisers)... they say it's quite close to the BA200

According to ClieOS in this post the IE800 is more mid-centric with less bass.  If anything, I'm looking for a warmer/more bassy sound than the BA200.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #742 of 1,509
The ba200 responses well to eq. Boosting the bass does wonders and keeps the rest of the frequency the same.

sony walkman-clear bass 1
rockbox-bass up 3db (and treble up 3-4 db)
fiio e11- bass 1

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #743 of 1,509
Quote:
The ba200 responses well to eq. Boosting the bass does wonders and keeps the rest of the frequency the same.

sony walkman-clear bass 1
rockbox-bass up 3db (and treble up 3-4 db)
fiio e11- bass 1

I got them today, and I've been listening to them all evening.
I don't think it needs any eq-ing actually, a if the source is a bit dry sounding it could use a little boost on the highs.
But I'm using them on the hisoundaudio rocoo p, and it sounds very good, bass is excellent, highs are actually sparkly (fast brain burn in ftw) and the mids are very very nice. 

It's a keeper!

Btw, does anybody know any replacement tips? The comply tips are a bit big for me.

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #744 of 1,509
Quote:

I got them today, and I've been listening to them all evening.
I don't think it needs any eq-ing actually, a if the source is a bit dry sounding it could use a little boost on the highs.
But I'm using them on the hisoundaudio rocoo p, and it sounds very good, bass is excellent, highs are actually sparkly (fast brain burn in ftw) and the mids are very very nice. 

It's a keeper!

Btw, does anybody know any replacement tips? The comply tips are a bit big for me.

These are the best tips I have come across. They even cleared the sm3 up a little. They were recommended by Dfkt of anythingbutipod. They are a little expensive but well worth it.
http://www.sensorcom.com/product.asp?P_ID=1142&PT_ID=348

Mar 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #745 of 1,509
Mar 16, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #746 of 1,509
Does anyone know an eartip that has maximum isolation on these iems?
Does the etymotic foam tips work? I've heard they have -42 db of isolation. Did anyone try it out?
I'm absolutely terrified of flying if I hear one little squeak from the airplane ill probably go pale

Mar 16, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #747 of 1,509
Quote:
Does anyone know an eartip that has maximum isolation on these iems?
Does the etymotic foam tips work? I've heard they have -42 db of isolation. Did anyone try it out?
I'm absolutely terrified of flying if I hear one little squeak from the airplane ill probably go pale

Sorry I havent, but the stock tips should work fine I think? Someone could drive through my house but I doubt I hear anything wit the BA200s in my ears.

Today I wore them on the bike :x It's probably dangerous but I don't want to take them off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back