TDK BA200 Thread
Aug 27, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #1,472 of 1,509
Bass light? Who said that? They are the most bass emphasizing IEMs that I have. Certainly too bassy for my taste, but I'm kind of bass shy. Extension could be better, though.

Wow, I am hearing this for the first time! I would say the BA200 bass is near neutral, may be slightly emphasized but much lighter than other typically bassy iems. 

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #1,473 of 1,509
  Yes, the BA200 has pretty good bass, but not really bassy in the conventional sense.This is the reason why most people say they are bass light. How did you buy yours? I thought they have been discontinued since quite long.  

I'm coming from CK100PRO. Which the bass is kind of hard hitting and decay real fast. BA200 is pretty warm for me which is good. As it isn't as warm sounding as the FX850. I bought mine locally. For around... Approximately120-130USD.

Quote:
Bass light? Who said that? They are the most bass emphasizing IEMs that I have. Certainly too bassy for my taste, but I'm kind of bass shy. Extension could be better, though.

Well i kind of agree it sound warm.. But have you tried JVC FX850. That is like a few fold much warmer than BA200. Which I doubt you will like it.
Hmm, If that is the case. Maybe try changing the Acoustic filter? I believe i read somewhere back the stock is sonion 2200ohm. Try go lower like 1500ohm perhaps? I didn't mod the BA200 yet but soon i would.

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #1,475 of 1,509
Just want to clarify whether i get the correct product. In the box there is:
2 pair of comply tips, 1 pair of small bi flange, Clip, Replacement filter 2 pair.
No sight of extension cable and airplane adapter,  is a Y cord configuration. It also does't have the Tool that is use to extract the filter.
So is that all it consist of in the Rev2 of the BA200?

Aug 27, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #1,476 of 1,509

I found them slightly bass light for my preferences, particularly sub bass thump.  Do you listen to pop and EDM?

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #1,478 of 1,509
  Just want to clarify whether i get the correct product. In the box there is:
2 pair of comply tips, 1 pair of small bi flange, Clip, Replacement filter 2 pair.
No sight of extension cable and airplane adapter,  is a Y cord configuration. It also does't have the Tool that is use to extract the filter.
So is that all it consist of in the Rev2 of the BA200?

Basically, except it also comes with a pair of medium biflange tips. There were many reports of durability issues with the extension cable, so they switched from having a short cable + extension cable to having a full length cable.

Aug 28, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #1,479 of 1,509

Basically, except it also comes with a pair of medium biflange tips. There were many reports of durability issues with the extension cable, so they switched from having a short cable + extension cable to having a full length cable.

So it only have 2 double flange silicon tips, S and M? I feel that the tips are too small even on the M tip for me.. They should make more tips perhaps... I don't have the cleaning tool too. Is it normal?

Aug 28, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #1,480 of 1,509
So far i have about 11 hour of burn in on the BA200.
I thought i might give some impression on this bad boy!

Test track- Kenny G By the time the night is over.

The BA200 have a more wide 3D like sound stage compare to my CK100PRO. The bass on the BA200 are very natural, but lack of impact. Instrument like the saxophone sound a bit thin.
Lack of energy. Vocal did present nicely on the BA200.
I guess the BA200 shine much better on pop genre type of song.

Will let it burn in see how it improves overtime. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #1,481 of 1,509

So it only have 2 double flange silicon tips, S and M? I feel that the tips are too small even on the M tip for me.. They should make more tips perhaps... I don't have the cleaning tool too. Is it normal?

Yes, you're not missing any of the accessories that came with the revised version. Mine didn't come with a cleaning tool either.

Aug 29, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #1,484 of 1,509
Sep 7, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #1,485 of 1,509
So i have around 81 hours on them. I have also change the acoustic filter on them. From red 2200ohm Sonion filter to the Knowles 1500ohm green. But the filter refuse to go in. Which i need to force it in. The problem is if i force it to blend into the housing. I would probably cannot take out the filter. So i just put it like half way in.

in 2200ohm it sound very bassy imo. But not overly. Just tat it is also pretty much track dependent. After having change to the 1500ohm, the high seems more prominent. Sound better imo. As the saxophone and instrument sound more energetic . I have also tried with the 3300ohm orange and 330ohm grey. In the 3300ohm bass is overly muffle. It cover up the mid range too much.
As for the 330ohm it sound very life like. But on high pitch it does have sibilant. Bass is like reduce by 60% by using the 330ohm filter.

So far I'm still liking this iem. Just that the cable really get in my way sometimes. How do i make them flat without being so prone to tangle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back