Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Mar 8, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #2,341 of 2,409
EAFB78DE-E12B-40C5-ADDB-0B00D7F9CE1C.gif

Calling it. Next time I’ll see you looking for amp or big DAP
Likely a dongle-type amp with 4.4mm output, like Fii0 AK2 or something. The Poweramp Android app has decent power, excellent HD audio quality, and lots of storage, so I have about 85gb mostly flac music on my phone -- it's a pretty good all-in-one package.

Mar 9, 2024 at 3:18 AM Post #2,342 of 2,409
Good to know - maybe I need to start playing around with 4.4 mm on my TSMR-X more! I've got a modular cable on it so I'll swap the termination at some point.

Thought this might be interesting to some people here, but I had the ZiiGaat Doscinco arrive today which I've been comparing a little to the TSMR-X. The Doscinco has warmer mids which are also a little smoother (Sonion BAs) and a bit more pleasant, but it comes at the trade-off of having substantially worse treble, detail retrieval, and soundstage (not to mention no tuning switches). On the big question though... I think the bass is more or less comparable between sets. Listening to the TSMR-X on the 011 setting, I don't see the Doscincos offering much over them. The bass on the TSMR-X truly is amazing. Just sharing this to say no need to buy the Doscincos for the bass alone if anyone was tempted - though if you wanted the TSMR-X's bass in a more relaxed set with smoother mids, they're still a good buy.
(disclaimer: I often do like to add a touch more warmth to my TSMR-X using EQ. 1.1 dB of gain in the lower mids @ 460 Hz, Q value 1.00 is all I use for the 010 and 011 settings. This addresses the TSMR-X's only weak point for vocal tracks, in my eyes).
Hmm so the Doscinco bass isn’t comparable with the TSMR using 1-0-0 but rather using the lower switches (though I’m sure TSMR said only one switch should be up at a time)? I’d have definitely thought the Doscinco would be similar to the bigger TSMR bass setting.

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:48 AM Post #2,343 of 2,409
Hmm so the Doscinco bass isn’t comparable with the TSMR using 1-0-0 but rather using the lower switches (though I’m sure TSMR said only one switch should be up at a time)? I’d have definitely thought the Doscinco would be similar to the bigger TSMR bass setting.
I've not had much time to compare, but I just quickly put both in my ears and I would say that the TSMR-X has more bass at 100 than the Doscinco, but it is also bleeding a bit more into the mids. The Doscinco has slightly more bass than the TSMR-X at 011, but they are both similarly satisfying and well controlled at that setting so I think it's the best comparison. I think it might depend a bit on what song you listen to which gets the balance right, and there will be a different in mid-/sub-bass balance between them, but ultimately, they both have similarly high quality bass presentations :) I really like the Doscincos for their bass in tandem with the somewhat smooth and warm mids, whereas the TSMR-X's mids are more about crystalline clarity, but I would not go from the TSMR-X to the Doscinco for bass alone - I think you would be disappointed. Overall I think the TSMR-X are a better set than the Doscinco, given the versatility of the tuning switches and the fact the Doscinco cannot touch the TSMR-X in the treble, detail retrieval and soundstage arenas. Both are great though.

Honestly, I think you guys are missing out by only using one switch on the TSMR-X. 011 is absolutely my favourite setting, being bassier than 010 but better controlled and balanced than 100. Tansio Mirai only suggested 3 settings on their marketing blurb, but that may have just been for simplicity and I've not seen them say anywhere that you should not use more than one switch. Let me know if I'm wrong about that though.
Statuefiddle suggested the switches are just altering resistance through the circuit, which would make sense, and in my experience, switch one makes a big difference, switch two makes a middling difference, and switch three makes a small difference. I don't see why combining the last two switches for an effect similar but reduced to that of the first switch would cause any problems, but I'm no engineer.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #2,344 of 2,409
Honestly, I think you guys are missing out by only using one switch on the TSMR-X. 011 is absolutely my favourite setting, being bassier than 010 but better controlled and balanced than 100. Tansio Mirai only suggested 3 settings on their marketing blurb, but that may have just been for simplicity and I've not seen them say anywhere that you should not use more than one switch. Let me know if I'm wrong about that though.
Statuefiddle suggested the switches are just altering resistance through the circuit, which would make sense, and in my experience, switch one makes a big difference, switch two makes a middling difference, and switch three makes a small difference. I don't see why combining the last two switches for an effect similar but reduced to that of the first switch would cause any problems, but I'm no engineer.
Yeah, I started with 020, played with 100, but switched back to 020, then 023 / 011 -- has a bit more liveliness, IMO than just 020.

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #2,345 of 2,409
Hello,

I'm dropping by to say I've been listening to the TSMR-X on this cable after using the XINHS, and I prefer it also, as it can be purchased with added length.

Graphene 7N OCC Shielding Coaxial Mixed Earphone Cable For 0.78mm BA Westone W4r UM3X UM3RC JH13 High Step 4 core 1.8mm LN007789
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msrnI0e

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:07 PM Post #2,346 of 2,409
Hello,

I'm dropping by to say I've been listening to the TSMR-X on this cable after using the XINHS, and I prefer it also, as it can be purchased with added length.

Graphene 7N OCC Shielding Coaxial Mixed Earphone Cable For 0.78mm BA Westone W4r UM3X UM3RC JH13 High Step 4 core 1.8mm LN007789
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msrnI0e
How does the Graphene affect the sound, compared to the stock Sands cable, assuming you have that?

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #2,349 of 2,409
I've not had much time to compare, but I just quickly put both in my ears and I would say that the TSMR-X has more bass at 100 than the Doscinco, but it is also bleeding a bit more into the mids. The Doscinco has slightly more bass than the TSMR-X at 011, but they are both similarly satisfying and well controlled at that setting so I think it's the best comparison. I think it might depend a bit on what song you listen to which gets the balance right, and there will be a different in mid-/sub-bass balance between them, but ultimately, they both have similarly high quality bass presentations :) I really like the Doscincos for their bass in tandem with the somewhat smooth and warm mids, whereas the TSMR-X's mids are more about crystalline clarity, but I would not go from the TSMR-X to the Doscinco for bass alone - I think you would be disappointed. Overall I think the TSMR-X are a better set than the Doscinco, given the versatility of the tuning switches and the fact the Doscinco cannot touch the TSMR-X in the treble, detail retrieval and soundstage arenas. Both are great though.

I have found the exact same thing, and for me, the X sweet spot. With the switches in this configuration, the massive Bass of the first switch up is brought down just enough to come out of the mids but still prop them up with lots of meat. This is a pretty awesome set, and these switches can make serious differences. But for me now, 011, this is the way!
1000011976.jpg

1000011975.jpg

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #2,351 of 2,409
I have found the exact same thing, and for me, the X sweet spot. With the switches in this configuration, the massive Bass of the first switch up is brought down just enough to come out of the mids but still prop them up with lots of meat. This is a pretty awesome set, and these switches can make serious differences. But for me now, 011, this is the way!
1000011976.jpg
1000011975.jpg
Nice looking cable color combination with the X -- what is that? I think I've seen that searching for a new cable for my X.

I picked this up from HiFiGo, the Hakugei Golden Pohdi Pro OFC crystal copper, mainly for the color -- it's a little more bling than I like, but I had a PayPal balance that was burning a hole in my hand! I think it will go nice with the X and its blue-green coloring.

1710528194328.png

Mar 15, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #2,352 of 2,409
1000011976.jpg
1000011975.jpg
I wonder if it is as easy as this: From Penon site:

Bass enhancement (100 Mode), control factor: 0.51

Standard tuning (020 Mode), control factor: 1.0

Low frequency attenuation (003 Mode), control factor: 1.47

If we assume this is as easy as resistor values at .51 ohm, 1 ohm and 1.47 ohm, then switch position 011 would be 0.59 ohm if my math is correct, and slightly less bass than 100, but a good bit more then 010.

Mar 15, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #2,353 of 2,409
I wonder if it is as easy as this: From Penon site:

Bass enhancement (100 Mode), control factor: 0.51

Standard tuning (020 Mode), control factor: 1.0

Low frequency attenuation (003 Mode), control factor: 1.47

If we assume this is as easy as resistor values at .51 ohm, 1 ohm and 1.47 ohm, then switch position 011 would be 0.59 ohm if my math is correct, and slightly less bass than 100, but a good bit more then 010.
Certainly sounds like this would make sense! For some more data to add to tgx98's graphs above, Akros is the only other person I know who's graphed settings with multiple switches on.

1710540497680.png

Bottom setting is 010, middle is 011, and top is 110. Surprised how much more the difference between 110 is compared to 011 is here when 100 is so similar to 011 on tgx98's graph, but whatever the reason, I'm glad others are enjoying 011 and the perceived difference isn't just me going crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back