Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Mar 23, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #2,357 of 2,410
Because so many members are experiencing the TSMR-X as their favorite this year........I took the liberty of posting a few glamor shots?

DSC_1385.jpegtop.jpeg

DSC_1375.jpegsw.jpeg

DSC_1377.jpegw.jpeg

DSC_1394.jpeg2s23.jpeg

DSC_1416.jpege.jpeg

DSC_1422.jpegqw.jpeg

DSC_1431.jpegw.jpeg

DSC_1433.jpegw.jpeg

DSC_1435.jpegw.jpeg

DSC_1436.jpegw.jpeg

DSC_1441.jpeg23.jpeg

Mar 23, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #2,358 of 2,410
1711023896179240.jpg

DSC_1302.jpegwqq.jpeg

DSC_1338.jpegqqqqq.jpeg

DSC_1332.jpeg4d.jpeg

Well...................this box arrived...no burn-in. Yet first impressions are amazing. I'm a little behind the curve in getting these, but I'm so happy I am getting a chance to experience the X. Big! The sound images are big and full-size. Really all you could ask for, I'm not wanting anything more from this musical experience?

While not quite the Penon 10th Anniversary experience, it is complementary? More cohesive and prim and proper here, even though there is kick-azz bass!

Fully itemized presentation with having everything fully accounted for and vibrant as heck? It's like looking through binoculars, or a polarized lens.............better yet polarized binoculars. Do they make those? Really, really clear and vivid. Wonderfull natural and separated, the separation that is adding a smooth style.

The style is that it has swagger........sway and swagger......the sound is walking? Like a cat walking and not caring about anything, because it knows what it is? Around here that walk is called pace........the pace is what is the strongest attribute I hear so far.............

Mar 23, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #2,359 of 2,410
Can you guys compare the Isn Neo5 and the Tansio Mirai X ?
That's a great question. And I'm not sure I am qualified to answer that as I just received the X last night? But quick and dirty first impressions show a more imaging projection with the Neo5.........making even bigger size creations? Where I don't hear the X as having such a boosted lower midrange? But as far as involving due to pace, the X has this wicked pace that the Neo5 can't touch. So you have the Neo5 lumbering, and the X being super quick due to maybe the venting going on, where all this is despite the gnarly X bass duties, that are full-on wonderful. I mean I only listened for a short time, and don't typically make total bass confirmations till after the burn? I really can't say if one is better than the other? Also.................knowing people will pick and choose depending on (loved) preferences. Yet to me the Neo5 is holding this harmonic thing it adds, where the X is more direct, but both are very equal to me? Where I have only heard the Land and the Sands.......but to me this is TMSR going for the complete mainstream. They are asking the mainstream to come to their doorstep here, not any treble marauders like the Land or Sands?

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #2,360 of 2,410
I'm pretty sure they're a clear upgrade over Neo 5 and man they are a looker, stunning color. In the meantime I'm patiently waiting for mine to arrive. I just can't wait 🥹🤪

Mar 24, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #2,361 of 2,410
DSC_1669.jpegwed.jpeg
DSC_1672.jpeg23.jpeg
DSC_1674.jpegqwq.jpeg
DSC_1676.jpegqwq.jpeg
DSC_1680.jpegqw.jpeg
DSC_1684.jpegsqx.jpeg

Mar 24, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #2,363 of 2,410
The ISN Neo5 is there? I really don't have favorite IEMs, only favorite experiences. Meaning some IEMs get more love, and are dramatic at times, with tests........as the 10th was special (in recent tests), as the Neo5 (in recent tests) was even better than I remember it to be? But the X is not burned-in as of yet..........so maybe it will be one of the EXPERIENCES? I think it will!
Only missing ISN's...

See, you have a few iems :) Which three are your favorites?

Mar 24, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #2,364 of 2,410
The ISN Neo5 is there? I really don't have favorite IEMs, only favorite experiences. Meaning some IEMs get more love, and are dramatic at times, with tests........as the 10th was special (in recent tests), as the Neo5 (in recent tests) was even better than I remember it to be? But the X is not burned in as of yet..........so maybe it will be one of the EXPERIENCES? I think it will!
Good answer, I can relate. Maybe a better way to put it is to which ones you gravitate the most?

TSMR-X needs burning. I recently returned to the OG cable, and the sibilance was gone. Anyway, I returned to a thick copper cable that seemed to benefit it.

Mar 24, 2024 at 10:16 PM Post #2,365 of 2,410
Good answer, I can relate. Maybe a better way to put it is to which ones you gravitate the most?

TSMR-X needs burning. I recently returned to the OG cable, and the sibilance was gone. Anyway, I returned to a thick copper cable that seemed to benefit it.
That is great, I know the included cables can be a little problematic with the Land and Sands........so it is great to again find out this cable and IEM go together. I had heard that (before), and was looking forward to that reality.........actually.

Mar 24, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #2,367 of 2,410
Try out the ASOS+ on them Red. Gonna rock your world. I guarantee.
Yes, I will.........I'm just burning them in and want the full (ASOS+) monty! Thank-you! :) :wink:

Mar 25, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #2,368 of 2,410
Really great photos. After a long time with the TSMR X, I hold it in the same esteem as the Penon 10th. Not quite as musical, but such good bass on 011, great airiness, . Highs are very different to the EST highs, but nevertheless very detailed for me. Nothing fatiguing at all. I like it a lot. At Penon prices quite a bargain for what you get. 😂🤣😍

Mar 25, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #2,369 of 2,410
Really great photos. After a long time with the TSMR X, I hold it in the same esteem as the Penon 10th. Not quite as musical, but such good bass on 011, great airiness, . Highs are very different to the EST highs, but nevertheless very detailed for me. Nothing fatiguing at all. I like it a lot. At Penon prices quite a bargain for what you get. 😂🤣😍

Thank-you.
Even with the 10th, that’s quite the status! Cheers!

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #2,370 of 2,410
What makes an iem more musical in your definition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back