Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 23, 2024 at 4:42 AM Post #2,237 of 2,416
Still no movement on mine being sent out 😕
That's a pain, although I would be surprised if it hasn't been sent out by now. I think they're just not the most organised in updating order status. You wouldn't be the first to receive it without their ever having confirmed it being shipped. Not that I know for sure; whatever the case, hope it's with you soon!

Feb 23, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #2,238 of 2,416
Got mine! i’ve got to say I’m very impressed at first listen. the sub bass slam on these things are very good ( not for the price good, just GOOD ).

i hate the stiff cable with the near useless cinch though ( it is literally just a metal ring that needs to be pulled almost all the way up to your chin to make it stay put ).

Currently running it with large orange Penon liqueurs and a nice copper cable from PW ( The iginis ).

i way prefer this to the Penon 10 AE, while a relaxing listen, is too veiled for my liking.

Feb 23, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #2,239 of 2,416
Got mine! i’ve got to say I’m very impressed at first listen. the sub bass slam on these things are very good ( not for the price good, just GOOD ).

i hate the stiff cable with the near useless cinch though ( it is literally just a metal ring that needs to be pulled almost all the way up to your chin to make it stay put ).

Currently running it with large orange Penon liqueurs and a nice copper cable from PW ( The iginis ).

i way prefer this to the Penon 10 AE, while a relaxing listen, is too veiled for my liking.
I really like my X (though it does lead to some listening fatigue after a couple of hours). I will have to do a side by side between the X and the 10th. I think the 10th is my favorite IEM so should be interesting.

Feb 23, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #2,240 of 2,416
Super early thoughts after just 30 mins or so.

I ordered mine with a 4.4 BAL cable, though my Cayin RU7 dongle still needs to arrive. So instead I grabbed the cable that came with the Penon Serial (a cable I never used, as I replaced it with the HAKUGEI Soul). I started listening, and immediately noticed something was off. It felt like the whole soundstage was leaning over to the right. Double checked if I had plugged everything in correctly, but could not discover anything strange.

At first I was afraid I had received a faulty pair, but luckily, after switching to the HAKUGEI Soul cable everything is working as it should.

Now listening to the first tracks an man, that sub bass! And I love how wide the stage is on this. with certain drum fills I almost couldnt believe what I was hearing.

This IEM is a lot more exciting than the Penon Serial. That one I can wear and almost forget that Im listening to music, it's that relaxed. The TSMR-X definitely requires a lot more of my attention.

Very happy with these, and curious how my feeling will change over time (and after playing with the switches!)

Feb 23, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #2,241 of 2,416
Super early thoughts after just 30 mins or so.

I ordered mine with a 4.4 BAL cable, though my Cayin RU7 dongle still needs to arrive. So instead I grabbed the cable that came with the Penon Serial (a cable I never used, as I replaced it with the HAKUGEI Soul). I started listening, and immediately noticed something was off. It felt like the whole soundstage was leaning over to the right. Double checked if I had plugged everything in correctly, but could not discover anything strange.

At first I was afraid I had received a faulty pair, but luckily, after switching to the HAKUGEI Soul cable everything is working as it should.

Now listening to the first tracks an man, that sub bass! And I love how wide the stage is on this. with certain drum fills I almost couldnt believe what I was hearing.

This IEM is a lot more exciting than the Penon Serial. That one I can wear and almost forget that Im listening to music, it's that relaxed. The TSMR-X definitely requires a lot more of my attention.

Very happy with these, and curious how my feeling will change over time (and after playing with the switches!)
Sounds like you might have pluged the cable in out of phase or backwards for one of the sides. I would try again but make sure the divits are facing outward on the connectors. or both inwards, either way.

Feb 23, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #2,242 of 2,416
Sounds like you might have pluged the cable in out of phase or backwards for one of the sides. I would try again but make sure the divits are facing outward on the connectors. or both inwards, either way.
Yeah that was my thought too, I went over the connections and they were both seated correctly, so Im not sure what was causing it

I'm not sure how sturdy those 2 pin connectors are, so I try not to unplug them if I dont have to. I'm also not someone who has a lot of cables, or who is interested in cable rolling. Generally I just buy 1 nice cable per pair (based on how a cable feels and looks) and just use that and be done with it

I bought an Eletech Cassiel for the X, but that one has not been shipped out yet. Once it arrives, I will put the HAKUGEI back on the Serial

Perhaps I'll try switching back and forth between those two cables, just to see if I hear a difference, but I'm sceptical (or just have bad hearing, after standing in front of these for way too long for many years of my life 😂)

Feb 24, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #2,244 of 2,416
I really like my X (though it does lead to some listening fatigue after a couple of hours). I will have to do a side by side between the X and the 10th. I think the 10th is my favorite IEM so should be interesting
I guess i have to preface it by mentioning that i prefer a brighter sound signature, so this is right up my alley. I can see why someone that is more sensitive to treble might find these fatiguing tbh. But gosh that bass is seriously freakin’ amazing. The bass hits with both quantity and quality, it is usually one or the other but this has both in spades. I’m on the default 020 setting and the bass is already slamming. I should go try the 100 setting and prepare for my brains to be melted.

Feb 24, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #2,245 of 2,416
Feb 24, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #2,246 of 2,416
Yes, it's not the same Price on Aliexpress vs penon audio.
The Penon store on Aliexpress https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGP0E3F
But stil 399$ on penon audio website.
Penon said in an email that the offer on the TSMR-X would be ending tomorrow. It wasn't clear if they meant the $399 discount or the small discount on top of it offered to those in their mailing list, but my inclination was that it referred to the $399 discount, and it being listed on AE at full price would corroborate that. The mention of that date on the Tansio Store also suggests that. So although I don't know for sure, I wouldn't be surprised if it also goes up to $699 on the Penon and Tansio websites in a day or two.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #2,247 of 2,416
So Penon on Ali Express the TMSR X is £583.89 now. Listening to it right now and still find it such a good IEM. Listening to Kate Bush and her vocals are like velvet, considering I'm using L Divinus Velvet tips. Call to Prayer by Baaba Maal is so atmospheric. Somebody I Used Know....Gotye and Kimbra has such good spaciousness. Staging is excellent with the TSMR X.

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #2,249 of 2,416
Having lived with the X for a few weeks now I have to say I absolutely love it's addictive signature. Playback of my library which ranges from rock n roll through progressive rock into classic rock, funk, hip hop, country, synth rock it's just phenomenal! Especially with Live albums with Orchestras like Elbow, Peter Gabriel, Gary Numan, foreigner and New Model Army. The depth and width of the staging is just staggering.
However our taste in music does not exactly match (some specific metal, rock, dark ambient, Vangelis and very selected few classical), mentioning Gary Numan is a big plus for me ! Did you mean the 2019 concert: When the Sky Came Down ? Good one !

Also I thank all of you for your opinion (I read everything on the pages 135 - 150) : I pulled the trigger; this will be my most expensive IEM (until now :wink:).

Feb 27, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #2,250 of 2,416
My TSMR-X ordered during the CNY arrived today :) Way way too busy over the next few days to give them the time they deserve, but couldn't resist putting them in my ears for a little bit. First impressions are extremely positive. It's an intoxicating marriage of that clarity and detail along with some very engaging bass from the DDs. My impression from my S12 Pros was that I really wasn't much of a treble/detail head which has pushed me towards darker, warmer sets, but having done a quick side by side between these and the S12 Pros these sound so much more full and complete and shows me there is definitely room in my rotation for a more energetic set. I still use my S12 Pros (with EQ) specifically for fast-paced metal, so will be interesting to see how these stack up against them on that front.

My main reservation were the reports of recessed mids, but they don't sound too recessed to me - I think it's the crispness and the detail retrieval which means the vocals stay engaging enough in the overall presentation, as well as the very nice (non-planar) timbre.

Very surprised to hear I seem to like all three of the viable tuning options, but expect I'll mostly use 010 and 100. Quickly compared the stock tips to foams, and I prefer the foams, as I do for most of my sets. Keeps the treble just where I want it and makes the overall sound more engaging to my ear. I found the Moondrop T55 foams work well - they're made for nozzles wider than this, but as the TSMR-X has a taper at the base of the nozzle you can push the tips quite far down and it seems to have a solid purchase. Will try against my preferred silicon tips (S&S) as well as some new tips I've also just acquired (Penon Liqueur orange and Divinus Velvet) when I get the time though :)

Currently using stock cable, but will try others at the weekend - I can't say I'm a cable-believer, but I always try a few just in case. I hope I don't hear any sonic improvements though, I absolutely love the ergonomics of this stock cable - great feel and thickness, satisfyingly tight braid, and lovely earhooks. Only negative is the bizarre fastener for the neck tie thing which is a loose gold ring that seems to serve no practical purpose unless you're already wearing them and don't move - but I can live with that!

Hope anyone still waiting for theirs gets them soon! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back